Revised HHP Plans | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised HHP Plans

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I have just had a good idea. How about those who are wanting a larger stand NOW rather than when it will be needed and worse still those who insist on slagging JB off perhaps they should put their hands in their collective pockets and pay for the new stadium. I believe the saying goes "Put you money where your mouth is"

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Mike Greening":1dn067tf said:
I have just had a good idea. How about those who are wanting a larger stand NOW rather than when it will be needed and worse still those who insist on slagging JB off perhaps they should put their hands in their collective pockets and pay for the new stadium. I believe the saying goes "Put you money where your mouth is"
It's not just about having a larger stand now it is the potential being taken away from the club. So much land to be used for other ventures.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Pogleswoody":22fyav9k said:
dennis the menace":22fyav9k said:
GM Vauxhall":22fyav9k said:
GreenAllOver":22fyav9k said:
Whoever Helen is/Was. She was correct. The WG hard work was in vain and i doubt it was ever looked at as an alternative. I am sure this will now be rushed through and expect the old stand to be demolished before the new season starts.

Then get ready to object once the formal planning application comes out

I think that would be futile. The local populace would think we are the laughing stock for objecting to something which is being provided free no matter what our misgivings might be.

Get on and build it!

Guess that is what the residents of Troy thought when they saw the lovely horse that the 'defeated' Greeks had left them as a free present!! :shock:

And look what happened to the Greeks now! :greensmile:

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
dennis the menace":252dqsmj said:
GM Vauxhall":252dqsmj said:
GreenAllOver":252dqsmj said:
Whoever Helen is/Was. She was correct. The WG hard work was in vain and i doubt it was ever looked at as an alternative. I am sure this will now be rushed through and expect the old stand to be demolished before the new season starts.

Then get ready to object once the formal planning application comes out

I think that would be futile. The local populace would think we are the laughing stock for objecting to something which is being provided free no matter what our misgivings might be.

Get on and build it!

I'm sure it would, but that's not a reason not to try if people feel strongly enough. If there is a clear (or more likely a debateable) breach of planning rules, AAP policy etc, then these are legitimate reasons to object and not so easily brushed under the carpet.

M

Monkey Nuts

So what are those two large waste of space areas at either end of the stand?? To me that looks like space for another couple hundred seats!! Maybe wheelchair parking??

Jun 16, 2006
Monkey Nuts":ny3qrwz1 said:
So what are those two large waste of space areas at either end of the stand?? To me that looks like space for another couple hundred seats!! Maybe wheelchair parking??
The Demport one includes the PAFC facilities squeezed out by the retail units under stand.
Dunno whats in the Barn Park End one but it is elevated as the end of the access road finishes beneath it, presumably for away team coach.

Jun 16, 2006
FordGreen":347rsmi6 said:
The Media School apparently.

Better than an empty corner for the coach park, BUT as it is on PAFC leased land, the Government grants available to build this would pay for the extra capacity on the new stand or more importantly for the access road to be scrapped.

Free stand. My arse

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
“The capacity we are proposing in the new grandstand takes us up to 17,700 seats, and we can add a further 2,500 seats very simply at a low cost – at about £1,000 per seat."

Will those seats be IN the grandstand or the horseshoe? Can anyone clarify?

Jun 16, 2006
Biggs":827kjv74 said:
“The capacity we are proposing in the new grandstand takes us up to 17,700 seats, and we can add a further 2,500 seats very simply at a low cost – at about £1,000 per seat."

Will those seats be IN the grandstand or the horseshoe? Can anyone clarify?
JB states at £1000/seat so guessing based on the extension within the existing roof structure of the horseshoe.

Restricted views as seats are behind pillars and an impossibility to build with the access road underneath.

Nov 8, 2010
Note the "about" £1000 per seat, I hope this is a more economically-sound prediction that the "£1-2 million additional net profit".

Does he just think he can say any old guff and we won't scrutinise it? Or more likely, does he just not care what we think?

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Manchester Green":2p9eef6c said:
Note the "about" £1000 per seat, I hope this is a more economically-sound prediction that the "£1-2 million additional net profit".

Does he just think he can say any old guff and we won't scrutinise it? Or more likely, does he just not care what we think?
What you think!

M

Monkey Nuts

Stuart_C":sjy45y55 said:
Monkey Nuts":sjy45y55 said:
The Demport one includes the PAFC facilities squeezed out by the retail units under stand.
Dunno whats in the Barn Park End one but it is elevated as the end of the access road finishes beneath it, presumably for away team coach.
Ah sorry, didn't make it clear what I was on about. I didn't mean the two buildings in the corners, I meant the two areas that are cut away from the front 5 or so rows at the front of the stand at either end?

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Monkey Nuts":16pxdky9 said:
Stuart_C":16pxdky9 said:
Monkey Nuts":16pxdky9 said:
Ah sorry, didn't make it clear what I was on about. I didn't mean the two buildings in the corners, I meant the two areas that are cut away from the front 5 or so rows at the front of the stand at either end?

Wheelchair areas I think.

Jun 16, 2006
Argyle_4_Life":7kv5odc1 said:
Monkey Nuts":7kv5odc1 said:
Stuart_C":7kv5odc1 said:
Monkey Nuts":7kv5odc1 said:

Wheelchair areas I think.

I'll refer you to my earlier post

Stuart_C":7kv5odc1 said:
It may just be the incompetence of the CGI draughtman, BUT.

The club got away with not providing correct standard disabled facilities during Phase 1 on basis they would be added in Phase 2.
One of the failings was the pitch level viewing for wheelchair bound fans.
The Akkeron plans show the disabled areas correctly elevated halfway back lower tier.
The CGI moving them pitchside will not be approved.