Revised HHP Plans | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised HHP Plans

D

Damon.Lenszner

Someone, somewhere on one of these threads used the phrase swings and roundabouts and kin of gave me a Eureka moment.

Everyone on both sides of the debate agrees it would be best for the Club if the capacity was 20,000 (or had the potential to be 20,000), but JB is digging his heels in and not budging on the issue of capacity. Why would that be? The £800,000 possibly? £800,000 in the 'big picture' £150 million development over the Plymouth sites - unlikely - and the refusal to discuss Debentures as a way of raising the £800,000 makes it even more unlikely for it to be just this. Then the Eureka moment.

When plans were drawn up for Grandstand development in bygone days the capacity being considered was 22,500. The plans took a severe knock when the Highways Agency decreed that an increase to 22,500 would necessitate a then £2.5 million worth of road improvements at the Manadon Roundabout for Access/Egress to Higher Home Park. Could it be that because of the increased footfall with Cinema/Hotel/Ice-Rink/Restaurants/shops at HHP the Highways Agency are restricting capacity allowed before enforcement of these improvements to the roundabout?

Perhaps one of the WG has more information on this.

B

bandwagon

Damon.Lenszner":12i2cjw8 said:
Someone, somewhere on one of these threads used the phrase swings and roundabouts and kin of gave me a Eureka moment.

Everyone on both sides of the debate agrees it would be best for the Club if the capacity was 20,000 (or had the potential to be 20,000), but JB is digging his heels in and not budging on the issue of capacity. Why would that be? The £800,000 possibly? £800,000 in the 'big picture' £150 million development over the Plymouth sites - unlikely - and the refusal to discuss Debentures as a way of raising the £800,000 makes it even more unlikely for it to be just this. Then the Eureka moment.

When plans were drawn up for Grandstand development in bygone days the capacity being considered was 22,500. The plans took a severe knock when the Highways Agency decreed that an increase to 22,500 would necessitate a then £2.5 million worth of road improvements at the Manadon Roundabout for Access/Egress to Higher Home Park. Could it be that because of the increased footfall with Cinema/Hotel/Ice-Rink/Restaurants/shops at HHP the Highways Agency are restricting capacity allowed before enforcement of these improvements to the roundabout?

Perhaps one of the WG has more information on this.

So many answers still to come out it would seem - I had accepted that he was going to potentially make millions out of all the deals and have no problem with that, until the plans for a derisory rabbitt hutch were unleashed!! This was the absolute minimum that could be wheeled out surely? On top of this we got the stupid road system and now a friggin school!! I hope the council pick this deal to pieces and reign in this runaway mess!! :crazy: :crazy: