Revised HHP Plans | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised HHP Plans

M

Monkey Nuts

Stuart_C":1bfczgbt said:
Argyle_4_Life":1bfczgbt said:
Monkey Nuts":1bfczgbt said:
Monkey Nuts":1bfczgbt said:
So what are those two large waste of space areas at either end of the stand?? To me that looks like space for another couple hundred seats!! Maybe wheelchair parking??
The Demport one includes the PAFC facilities squeezed out by the retail units under stand.
Dunno whats in the Barn Park End one but it is elevated as the end of the access road finishes beneath it, presumably for away team coach.
Ah sorry, didn't make it clear what I was on about. I didn't mean the two buildings in the corners, I meant the two areas that are cut away from the front 5 or so rows at the front of the stand at either end?

Wheelchair areas I think.

I'll refer you to my earlier post

It may just be the incompetence of the CGI draughtman, BUT.

The club got away with not providing correct standard disabled facilities during Phase 1 on basis they would be added in Phase 2.
One of the failings was the pitch level viewing for wheelchair bound fans.
The Akkeron plans show the disabled areas correctly elevated halfway back lower tier.
The CGI moving them pitchside will not be approved.
Ah I see, thanks!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Mike Greening":7gfp9ugl said:
I have just had a good idea. How about those who are wanting a larger stand NOW rather than when it will be needed and worse still those who insist on slagging JB off perhaps they should put their hands in their collective pockets and pay for the new stadium. I believe the saying goes "Put you money where your mouth is"

and in return get what? no votes or shareholding like before, no thanks.

£10 million for 4,800 seats = £2,083 per seat. Sounds expensive to me, hope it's nicely kitted out.

Jun 16, 2006
Monkey Nuts":38ectzy4 said:
Stuart_C":38ectzy4 said:
Argyle_4_Life":38ectzy4 said:
So what are those two large waste of space areas at either end of the stand?? To me that looks like space for another couple hundred seats!! Maybe wheelchair parking??
The Demport one includes the PAFC facilities squeezed out by the retail units under stand.
Dunno whats in the Barn Park End one but it is elevated as the end of the access road finishes beneath it, presumably for away team coach.
Ah sorry, didn't make it clear what I was on about. I didn't mean the two buildings in the corners, I meant the two areas that are cut away from the front 5 or so rows at the front of the stand at either end?

Wheelchair areas I think.

I'll refer you to my earlier post

It may just be the incompetence of the CGI draughtman, BUT.

The club got away with not providing correct standard disabled facilities during Phase 1 on basis they would be added in Phase 2.
One of the failings was the pitch level viewing for wheelchair bound fans.
The Akkeron plans show the disabled areas correctly elevated halfway back lower tier.
The CGI moving them pitchside will not be approved.
Ah I see, thanks!

If you want to see the details of how the "UEFA standard" (Akkeron's words, not mine) stand fall short of their disabled access guidelines details in pdf below. Pages 66-67 explain why the pitchside seats aren't enough.

Again without revised plans backing up changed CGI detail It is difficult to be certain but would be interesting to work out how a wheelchair user reaches the demport side disabled area, as access to the turnstiles and exits is down a flight of stairs.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles...aorg/General/01/68/44/71/1684471_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Aug 12, 2010
South Wales
Mike Greening":bbnfac31 said:
I have just had a good idea. How about those who are wanting a larger stand NOW rather than when it will be needed and worse still those who insist on slagging JB off perhaps they should put their hands in their collective pockets and pay for the new stadium. I believe the saying goes "Put you money where your mouth is"

Would not an arrangement whereby we fund it from the income stream of 1 to 2 million zobs p.a. that J.B. suggests as additional revenues be the way to go ? Wont happen though.

Jun 16, 2006
ghost of hughie reed":2wl03v7w said:
Mike Greening":2wl03v7w said:

Would not an arrangement whereby we fund it from the income stream of 1 to 2 million zobs p.a. that J.B. suggests as additional revenues be the way to go ? Wont happen though.
Mike, As about half of the cost of the stand (a more realistic £6-7M figure not including all the excavation for the underground car park not needed for the stand but servicing the Hotel / Cinema and Ice Rink ) will be paid for from Department of Education grants for the Studio School I'd say we are paying enough thank you.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Quite apart from the ongoing (healthy) debate over whether a decrease in the over-all capacity of Home Park is in the best interests of Plymouth Argyle I am delighted that a decision has been taken based on Plymouth's historic connection with all things Ice to increase its Ice Skating capacity by 1500% to 1500. Fully justifiable! Come On You IIIIIIIIIICE!
An equivalent increase in football seats would give Home Park a capacity of over 200,000.
Still, as some-one else said, at least if you can't get in to Argyle v Leeds you'll be able to watch Plymouth Penguins v Slough Jets (real team). Woop woop!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Rattler":22zrskqd said:
Thats calculating considering there is already 1

With no spectator seats.
What feasibility study exactly has been done to suggest that Plymouth needs 1,500 Ice sport seats?

Mar 21, 2008
can the ice rink be built into the corner of the stadium so that the 1,500 seats have pitchside views?

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Rob_GT4":315za8oo said:
can the ice rink be built into the corner of the stadium so that the 1,500 seats have pitchside views?

Or turn round somehow?
Yeah, I know, ridiculous.
How is it that Plymouth is showing far more ambition from an Ice sport perspective comparatively speaking than from a football side?
I quote from the HHP glossy website 'An ambition to become an 'Ice Centre of Excellence' !?????

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Why Terraces? Does the Ice Rink not affect the football club now? Has there been a sudden Bank-Holiday evening decision to move it half a mile to the south?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
up_the_line":324jxy9x said:
Why Terraces? Does the Ice Rink not affect the football club now? Has there been a sudden Bank-Holiday evening decision to move it half a mile to the south?

Fair enough, I'll merge it instead.

D

Damon.Lenszner

I think my views are well known but I don't think the Council building a decent ice facility is the argument. Where they place it maybe, but nothing wrong with trying to improve facilities for the city. Ice is massive business around the country - not for me but Dancing On Ice tour sells out days on end, Disney on Ice is massive box office and with a facility like the planned one International Skating competition can be attracted to the City. Having said all that I'm not sure if we get a pro ice hockey team here with home games and training times, plus the 'tours' and competitions how much time the rink will actually be open for public use. But given the choice of having a 1500 seat ice arena (at Colin Campbell Court) or not I would rather have one.

ejh

Sep 27, 2012
Argyle is the number one priority at the end of the day - the club is getting the worst deal out of any stakeholder in the development, and the club has noone standing up and speaking on the issue.