Richards loaned to Linfield (and Richards match reports/ upd | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Richards loaned to Linfield (and Richards match reports/ upd

Apr 12, 2013
Plymouth
Good luck to him I've never actually seen him play so I don't have any idea what he's like but it seems that Sheridan doesn't rate him much. Hope he does well though.

Oct 14, 2013
GreenSam":2oyt5f3w said:
Argy1e":2oyt5f3w said:
I think i read that Sheridan wants a squad of 15 first team players with the rest being made up of younger players, if you say younger is under 20, that leaves us with 12(i think?) first team players leaving for three more to come in, which i think fits in with how many players Sheridan said he wanted to sign and would also complete the defense.
Nope- the Under 20s include Harvey, Lecointe, Allen, Bentley, Thomas and Purrington.

The only 9 players over 20 who we have contracted for next season are: McCormick, Nelson, Cox, Smalley, Reid, Blizzard, Morgan, Banton and Wotton.

By that logic it'd be six more over 20s or so to come in. A RB, Two CBs, a LB, a CM and a winger?

With maybe a cheap, young back-up keeper as the 7th signing (10 signing of the summer overall) taking the overall squad to 22. 15 established pros and 7 youngsters. For league two, 22 players with so many of them being kids is still a relatively small squad and would fit in with Sheridan's comments.

Is Hannah not in that youngsters list, or is he still too young?

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
A bit of information on Linfield;
Club status: Semi professional
League: NIFL Premiership
Last season finish: 2nd
Manager: Warren Feeney
Europe: played a total of 97 European games
In the first round qualification
Stadium: Currently 12,342
2015: 18,000
Common names: Linfield
The Blues
Linfield Football and Athletic Club

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
young green":gqr8sl9b said:
GreenSam":gqr8sl9b said:
Argy1e":gqr8sl9b said:
I think i read that Sheridan wants a squad of 15 first team players with the rest being made up of younger players, if you say younger is under 20, that leaves us with 12(i think?) first team players leaving for three more to come in, which i think fits in with how many players Sheridan said he wanted to sign and would also complete the defense.
Nope- the Under 20s include Harvey, Lecointe, Allen, Bentley, Thomas and Purrington.

The only 9 players over 20 who we have contracted for next season are: McCormick, Nelson, Cox, Smalley, Reid, Blizzard, Morgan, Banton and Wotton.

By that logic it'd be six more over 20s or so to come in. A RB, Two CBs, a LB, a CM and a winger?

With maybe a cheap, young back-up keeper as the 7th signing (10 signing of the summer overall) taking the overall squad to 22. 15 established pros and 7 youngsters. For league two, 22 players with so many of them being kids is still a relatively small squad and would fit in with Sheridan's comments.

Is Hannah not in that youngsters list, or is he still too young?
He's on an apprenticeship rather than a professional contract so I didn't include him. Same goes for Lane.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
I am guessing the rules are the same in their league which means Richards will offically be signing on loan on the first of July (which would mean he returns Sunday 1st February) if he has offically signed then he will be returning Monday 12th January

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Our defence is looking very light as it stands, 3 first team pros plus Wotton although even that includes the untested Aaron Bentley. Still should be interesting/exciting to see who JS brings in to fill this quite large gap in our squad, plenty of new signings to look forward to it would seem :thumbs:

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Ollieargyle9":2j7caa6h said:
Our defence is looking very light as it stands, 3 first team pros plus Wotton although even that includes the untested Aaron Bentley. Still should be interesting/exciting to see who JS brings in to fill this quite large gap in our squad, plenty of new signings to look forward to it would seem :thumbs:
Well the defenders which Sheridan has signed for us have been;
Charles
Branston
Reckord
Trotman
Blackman
Parsons

All of them released apart from Reckord (who's loan expired)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
tagz":27ga6zix said:
Ollieargyle9":27ga6zix said:
Charles
Branston
Reckord
Trotman
Blackman
Parsons

He's surely due to get one right? ;)

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Ollieargyle9":2pkx1b6y said:
tagz":2pkx1b6y said:
Ollieargyle9":2pkx1b6y said:
Charles
Branston
Reckord
Trotman
Blackman
Parsons

He's surely due to get one right? ;)
You could say Branston was a sucess for the first 6 monthd, then injuries and his age cuaght up with him this season

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I am guessing the rules are the same in their league which means Richards will offically be signing on loan on the first of July (which would mean he returns Sunday 1st February) if he has offically signed then he will be returning Monday 12th January

If you listen to Feeney's interview i think he says Richards was there until end of December.

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
Ottawa Green":1tnfvsws said:

If you listen to Feeney's interview i think he says Richards was there until end of December.
I haven't listerned to Feeney's interview

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Ottawa Green":2v8lzdpd said:

That would be until the end of December

P

pafcstafford

GreenSam":1901n7l7 said:
This news, if anything, confirms that Richards was already under contract until next season and Sheridan evidently doesn't see a future for him at Argyle.

Sheridan obviously just doesn't rate the guy. He wasn't offered an extension and he won't be retained when his contract runs out next Summer. A shame but not all players make the grade I guess.

As it stands then, we now have a squad of just 15 professional players- two of whom are first year pros and one of whom hasn't played for 18 months. Sheridan may have said that he wanted a small squad but that's not small, it's absolutely tiny. Lots more signings needed before the start of the season- and most of them defenders, I think.

Mystic sam