Richards loaned to Linfield (and Richards match reports/ upd | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Richards loaned to Linfield (and Richards match reports/ upd

Dec 20, 2011
Lindield FC OS is quite decent. He will do alright there I think. Improving the stadium.
£45 for a replica shirt though!!

Jan 29, 2010
If anyone has ever watched the Irish League on Sky, they will know how it will most certainly toughen this young man up. Some of those tackles ( and I use that term loosely ) OUCH !!!

Oct 14, 2013
Graham Clark":1ixej3o7 said:
Jamie Richards was the beneficiary of a three year contract (with an option to extend) in 2011 when Peter Ridsdale was 'running' the football club on behalf oif the Administrator. At the same time Luke Young was offered a 12 month deal (see link below).

At the time of signing Richards was being scouted by Premiership clubs and no doubt Ridsdale secured him on a long term deal to improve his valuation at Tribunal should any of those clubs furthered their interest. I do recall John Sheridan being surprised at the deal Richards had compared to others.

Since 2011 Luke Young went on to make over 100 first team appearances whilst in the same period Richards has made only two and many would argue that Jamie , for whatever reason, has not fulfilled his potential during his time with the club. Luke, meanwhile, is still looking for a club for next season.

As for Irish football some may be surprised to learn that Rory Patterson was the top scorer last season in the league for Derry City. He has scored 38 goals in 50 games for them. That may or may not indicate the true standard of football in that League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14110294

Wrong league I think, although Derry are from Northern Ireland they don't play in the Northern Ireland league.

Jul 6, 2011
young green":4xithhgi said:
Graham Clark":4xithhgi said:
Jamie Richards was the beneficiary of a three year contract (with an option to extend) in 2011 when Peter Ridsdale was 'running' the football club on behalf oif the Administrator. At the same time Luke Young was offered a 12 month deal (see link below).

At the time of signing Richards was being scouted by Premiership clubs and no doubt Ridsdale secured him on a long term deal to improve his valuation at Tribunal should any of those clubs furthered their interest. I do recall John Sheridan being surprised at the deal Richards had compared to others.

Since 2011 Luke Young went on to make over 100 first team appearances whilst in the same period Richards has made only two and many would argue that Jamie , for whatever reason, has not fulfilled his potential during his time with the club. Luke, meanwhile, is still looking for a club for next season.

As for Irish football some may be surprised to learn that Rory Patterson was the top scorer last season in the league for Derry City. He has scored 38 goals in 50 games for them. That may or may not indicate the true standard of football in that League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14110294

Wrong league I think, although Derry are from Northern Ireland they don't play in the Northern Ireland league.

Rory Patterson has been to a couple of clubs since he left Argyle, I rated him and thought if admin hadn't come along we would have seen a much more prolific player, a bit like Reid in his 2nd season, but he couldn't survive without his wages.
I personally believe that Richards had the best potential of any of that years youth team, but has been given so little opportunity and yet his understanding with Nelson is phenomenal. Sheridan really needs to open his eyes and give him a chance, I reckon he could easily be on par with Nelson and frankly putting the Blanchards of the world ahead of him is an insult let alone Reckord and Blackman in the left back position, what was Sheridan thinking??

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
briangreen":tsphi59j said:
I personally believe that Richards had the best potential of any of that years youth team, but has been given so little opportunity and yet his understanding with Nelson is phenomenal.

Really? When?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
briangreen":3f2w8nqy said:
Rory Patterson has been to a couple of clubs since he left Argyle, I rated him and thought if admin hadn't come along we would have seen a much more prolific player, a bit like Reid in his 2nd season, but he couldn't survive without his wages.

Mr Patterson had serious 'anger issues' Brian. Best rid according to people I spoke to at the time.

Jul 6, 2011
IJN":tihvqngg said:
briangreen":tihvqngg said:

Mr Patterson had serious 'anger issues' Brian. Best rid according to people I spoke to at the time.

I heard that as well, but then again many football mavericks have brought something to teams others couldn't. Think it's the unacceptable part of the character trait, but I get your point.

@Pasties and Cider
Did you see the only full match they were paired together against Aldershot? If you did I don't think you would argue my point. On that night I thought myself we would get slaughtered with 2 young lads in the centre up against players like Madjo, but they handled them like professionals. Btw I have seen them play together in other matches as well.
We really have to stop putting our lads down and seeing them as second rate. They are skillful and very strong and both seem to know what they had to do and did it well.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Don't really see the point in loaning him out. Think he would better used as cover for injuries. Maybe he wants to play first team football though in which case I can understand why he is loaned out. I'd like him to stay and not leave permanently though as like Nelson was he is a good prospect.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
To expand on an earlier point about Richards potentially playing in the Europa League, Linfield have drawn B36 Torshavn from the Faroe Islands, i think the first leg is 8th of July not sure about the second leg

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Going back to Patterson, I was chatting with a young lad from Tyrone last night who has played in the last few Milk Cups in N. Ireland and plays in the same league as Patterson now. His reputation is of being a complete arse off the field I was told which would confirm what some on here have heard from his time at Plymouth.

Aug 28, 2012
Argy1e":239so2v1 said:
To expand on an earlier point about Richards potentially playing in the Europa League, Linfield have drawn B36 Torshavn from the Faroe Islands, i think the first leg is 8th of July not sure about the second leg

First Leg is away on 3rd July and home leg is 8th July as you pointed out.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Saracen10":1f853zg0 said:
Argy1e":1f853zg0 said:

First Leg is away on 3rd July and home leg is 8th July as you pointed out.

That's a Faroe poke!! :coat:

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Played his first game for Linfield in a 2-1 pre-season win against Loughgall last week, his next game is against B36 Torshavn of the Faroe Islands tomorrow a Europa League 1st Qualifying Round.

Some interesting comments he made in his first interview, http://www.linfieldfc.com/interview.asp?inv=1849

Linfield is a massive club, really, compared to whom?