Richards loaned to Linfield (and Richards match reports/ upd | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Richards loaned to Linfield (and Richards match reports/ upd

May 22, 2006
Graham Clark":2bhuuqcc said:
Jamie Richards was the beneficiary of a three year contract (with an option to extend) in 2011 when Peter Ridsdale was 'running' the football club on behalf oif the Administrator. At the same time Luke Young was offered a 12 month deal (see link below).

At the time of signing Richards was being scouted by Premiership clubs and no doubt Ridsdale secured him on a long term deal to improve his valuation at Tribunal should any of those clubs furthered their interest. I do recall John Sheridan being surprised at the deal Richards had compared to others.

Since 2011 Luke Young went on to make over 100 first team appearances whilst in the same period Richards has made only two and many would argue that Jamie , for whatever reason, has not fulfilled his potential during his time with the club. Luke, meanwhile, is still looking for a club for next season.

As for Irish football some may be surprised to learn that Rory Patterson was the top scorer last season in the league for Derry City. He has scored 38 goals in 50 games for them. That may or may not indicate the true standard of football in that League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14110294

Rory scored a hat trick tonight in Europa League.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
pastiesforlife":1d1anu77 said:
Graham Clark":1d1anu77 said:
Jamie Richards was the beneficiary of a three year contract (with an option to extend) in 2011 when Peter Ridsdale was 'running' the football club on behalf oif the Administrator. At the same time Luke Young was offered a 12 month deal (see link below).

At the time of signing Richards was being scouted by Premiership clubs and no doubt Ridsdale secured him on a long term deal to improve his valuation at Tribunal should any of those clubs furthered their interest. I do recall John Sheridan being surprised at the deal Richards had compared to others.

Since 2011 Luke Young went on to make over 100 first team appearances whilst in the same period Richards has made only two and many would argue that Jamie , for whatever reason, has not fulfilled his potential during his time with the club. Luke, meanwhile, is still looking for a club for next season.

As for Irish football some may be surprised to learn that Rory Patterson was the top scorer last season in the league for Derry City. He has scored 38 goals in 50 games for them. That may or may not indicate the true standard of football in that League.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14110294

Rory scored a hat trick tonight in Europa League.

What you got? .. X Box or Playstation?? :whistle: :lol:

Jul 6, 2011
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Linfiel ... story.html

Left sided player playing at right back and being successful? Sounds like the the kind of man we could do with. Oh wait a minute we lent him out didn't we and then paid out more wages for another right back and now we will have to pay out even more wages for back up?? Glad we're not in debt or we would be in trouble... :sigh:

Jun 26, 2006
Don't see a problem myself . Richards is getting good experience and playing games which will sharpen him up more than pre season training would . When he comes back he will be in a position to compete with the current players . If he is needed before ( injuries , suspensions), I would expect him to be on an immediate recall anyway .

Aug 28, 2012
Richards played the whole match tonight at centre half in a superb 1-0 victory over top Swedish side AIK Solna

I understand amongst others AIK fielded Costa Rican Celso Borges on his return from the FIFA World Cup, Swedish Internationals Nabil Bahoui and Per Karlsson, ex Blackburn Rovers Full back Eric Nils Johansson and two Swedish U21 Internationals so to be part of a defence keeping a clean sheet is some achievement.

The second leg is played next Thursday at the Swedish National Stadium - The Friends Arena in Stockholm.....capacity 54,000. AIK are Scandinavia's largest supported side averaging over 20,000 fans per game with their largest attendance last year over 40,000 ......Richards is certainly gaining some experience.

Jun 8, 2014
Saracen10":21n3npvi said:
Richards played the whole match tonight at centre half in a superb 1-0 victory over top Swedish side AIK Solna

I understand amongst others AIK fielded Costa Rican Celso Borges on his return from the FIFA World Cup, Swedish Internationals Nabil Bahoui and Per Karlsson, ex Blackburn Rovers Full back Eric Nils Johansson and two Swedish U21 Internationals so to be part of a defence keeping a clean sheet is some achievement.

The second leg is played next Thursday at the Swedish National Stadium - The Friends Arena in Stockholm.....capacity 54,000. AIK are Scandinavia's largest supported side averaging over 20,000 fans per game with their largest attendance last year over 40,000 ......Richards is certainly gaining some experience.

As a big fan of Scandinavian football, I can back you up here. AIK are a good side and for some comparison, they're about the same level as StrĆømsgodset.. The team where the new Celtic manager has come from. Not bad at all, well done Jamie!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
I agree Steve, I think Sheridan, Fletcher and Peter Reid all commented on what a great impact Feeney had on the dressing room whilst they were managing him, if he brings that kind of positive atmosphere to the dressing room as a manager as well I think he'll do well, players will want to do well for him I think.

Very good for Richards as well, I've had a look at the line-ups and it looks like he's playing at right-back for them tonight so a great experience for him tonight :scarf:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
if john sheridan ever gets cheesed off with being in devon ;) get feeno back right away with jim paterson as his assistant.two conscientious guys who loved living in devon and represented the club impeccably. :D

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
From Linfield Twitter......................

Linfield FC
ā€@OfficialBlues
Striker Kennedy Igboananike gives AIK the lead on 55 minutes. He took advantage of a slip to race clear, round Tuffey and fire home.