Royal Lilac Away Kit Now On Sale | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Royal Lilac Away Kit Now On Sale

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Sorry X but my lad canā€™t wait to get his shirt for his 12th birthday in a couple of weeks although his reason is ā€“ and I quote ā€“ ā€œItā€™s so disgusting itā€™s brilliant!ā€ :lol:

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ave_IT":3gew1a1u said:
Sorry X but my lad canā€™t wait to get his shirt for his 12th birthday in a couple of weeks although his reason is ā€“ and I quote ā€“ ā€œItā€™s so disgusting itā€™s brilliant!ā€ :lol:
But then again he's 11, and we all do crazy things at that age :thumbs:

Feb 25, 2013
Personally I dislike our new home and away kit in equal measure, the home kit is far too dark, the away kit is just hideous. So, I'll vote with my wallet and spend my cash on something else (but not the equally tragic blue and white 'nothing to do with Argyle colours' training kit and definitely not that car crash of a lilac and green half and half scarf).

The proof of the pudding is in the taste though and it will be interesting to see how sales for both kits do. When a League 2 club that has struggled through the bleakest of times financially needs every penny it can gain through merchandise, it does make me wonder as to why they would release such contentious kits that could damage sales (I appreciate me not spending Ā£40 in the club shop on a new shirt is of little consequence, however I get the feeling I won't be the only one).

Just one man's humble opinion though. Renewed my season ticket, getting my Northampton away tickets and will continue to support my beloved greens (but wearing a proper green Toffs shirt). If both kits sell well, if very very dark green and lilac are a commercial success then great, good luck to the club and all those who choose to buy and wear it.

Mar 18, 2006
Greenford":3cmtmfdb said:
Does anyone think we shouldnt even have an away kit I mean there isnt any other team that will clash with us apart from Yeovil Town. We should have a green kit for both home and away games no need for away kits whatsover just a money making scheme.

League rules state you have to have an away strip. In addition Argyle will be under contract to Puma to wear the away strip at every away game, unless of course the opposition were to wear lilac !

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i happen to think the away kit is great but i have said on here umpteen times i don't care what colour we wear home or away.i want us out of these miserable bottom two divisions.if we were top of this division next april i don't think many of us will be bothered about the colour scheme.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Collected the granddaughter's lilac abomination today. She had the Lukey Beetroot kit for Xmas, this is birthday. She is 10. Loves Argyle (English Opa), Paderborn FC (German Opa) and Arsenal (Dad) but her pink & lilac Argyle kits are her favourites. I can see that; she is 10, likes Peppa Pig, One Direction etc etc. In that context her new kit looks fine to me for her. But me wear it? Any adult man wear it? :shock: Nah, don't see it. GREENS (the truth is in the nickname!)

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
I can just imagine scores of the green army walking the streets or sat in a pub with jackets or coats on dispite it being a baking hot day refusing to display that shirt untill they get into the ground. Safety in numbers just like the old days but for different reasons. :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
We were told Argyle made a small profit because "revenue has increased significantly, from ticketing to retail, with the biggest product being the football strip, to commercial and hospitality ā€“ they were all significantly up."

It seems the home strips and perhaps the blue and then yellow away strips were very popular and played a big part in helping the club make a financial profit for the first time since 2007-2008.
So why did someone make the crazy decision of having royal lilac? Unless most of us are proved wrong and it sells the hot cakes!

We have also been told that shirt designs and colours are worked out with Puma months in advance so perhaps now is the time for the fans to state the case for what WE want for home and away shirts and give Puma plenty of time to at least consider the fans' proposals.
Maybe the AFT could lead the way.

As we keep saying every year a version of this would sell very well...... (just swap the shorts).

Home
plymouthargyle19661968.gif

Away
plymouthargyle19681971.gif

Adam

Pasoti Designer
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":299nbfel said:
I don't agree with all X'y says, and I do wish he'd calm down because he'll do himself a mischief.

What I don't quite get is why didn't we go for something like this?

Presumably it's off the peg, and presumably it's still current.

New-Hibs-Away-Strip-2011-12.jpg

IJNKit.png