Rumours | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rumours

Apr 1, 2009
SwimWithTheTide":2fp54nu1 said:
Argy1e":2fp54nu1 said:
When Brentford signed Will Grigg from Walsall, Walsall valued him at 1m. They got an initial fee of 325k and it ended up rising to 605k. That was signing a player who had just had one good season in League One and he was younger than Nelson which is likely to have a negative impact, however, that was a player going to a club in the same division, he'd played nowhere near as many games and wasn't captain. I think we'd get a similar fee for Nelson which isn't too bad, especially if it rises with add-ons like that one did.

Walsall did offer him a four year deal though, which would suggest that they did value him highly. I wonder if we've been smart and offered Nelse a BIG deal in order to use that as evidence of our valuation of him?

Excellent point. It's limited use Argyle telling a tribunal that they value him hugely if they have offered him one year on moderate money. (even if that's all they can afford)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Yeah so offer him a 5 year 4K a week deal with extra financial incentives to try and force more money from a tribunal and watch the bigger agree to it and sign on

Apr 1, 2009
Tugboat":2m1gm5l9 said:
Yeah so offer him a 5 year 4K a week deal with extra financial incentives to try and force more money from a tribunal and watch the bigger agree to it and sign on

The point is valuation - I did refer to what we can afford. If we haven't shown that we value him to the degree we claim, a tribunal is likely to downsize our payment. We know the rules, and if we are admitting that we can't afford to pay him his market value then that's our problem.

If we did, as you decry, offer him a contract we couldn't afford (and he signed it), at least his market value would increase significantly.

B

Bonehead

Why do I keep hearing the name Bob?

Bobby??? As in Constable?

:cool:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
pastiesforlife":21bgnmy9 said:
Thanks Skynet.

Maybe Wylde has just gone on his hols. Shame that RR is off but best that we live within our means. Again fair enough re Kelvin but £25K for Nelse must surely be missing a zero. Sounds like good news about McHugh. Oscar needs to be sensible if he wants to come. Bit late to be checking out Plymouth estate agent names, but I'll check to see if Iceland have a forward named Bob when we play them. I see = icey = Iceland,or am I just getting colder?

Or is it Bobic? 22 years old, Serbian, good with both feet?
Would hit the headlines though to sign Ivana as she's not a man.

Surely skynet is saying RR has failed a medical somewhere and may have to accept our offer.

Jul 6, 2009
I have been strongly hinting that Wylde had left his luxury Millbay apartment and was off.... he got a better offer from Millwall so good luck to him. I did not rate him as he had raw pace but no end product. If he did have an end product he would be Championship quality. Jordan Slew is an interesting signing- I rate him. Mellor has been offered a token contract and with the new right back signing- which I also stated- he knows he will be back up but I think he will leave once he gets a better offer. Unfortunately nobody wants him. Reid however is much in demand he just needs to pass the bloody medical. All rumours of course- do you think?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
skynet":p40eqqfn said:
I have been strongly hinting that Wylde had left his luxury Millbay apartment and was off.... he got a better offer from Millwall so good luck to him. I did not rate him as he had raw pace but no end product. If he did have an end product he would be Championship quality. Jordan Slew is an interesting signing- I rate him. Mellor has been offered a token contract and with the new right back signing- which I also stated- he knows he will be back up but I think he will leave once he gets a better offer. Unfortunately nobody wants him. Reid however is much in demand he just needs to pass the bloody medical. All rumours of course- do you think?

Wylde off to a luxury Millwall Apartmewnt? Downtown Deptford perhaps?

Fast player, 10% genius, 90% unfocussed.
Good luck to him tho' :thumbs:

Mar 14, 2009
skynet":37g2jura said:

So Slew is the forward from Scotland via England?

Do you think we will see 5 or 6 new signings next week too?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
skynet":1xvmmftp said:

That's a bit better, skynet. Information is less cryptic than of late, so perhaps you are regaining some respect and credibility for your posts.

I still think you should try harder to convince us, though.

Jan 2, 2006
skynet":2q8zdf6m said:

So who is Bob?