Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Far better to have a player who wants to play for PAFC and the green shirt than one that doesn't.

Jan 13, 2015
IJN":6brnm9p8 said:
Far better to have a player who wants to play for PAFC and the green shirt than one that doesn't.
That's the difference from the start of a contract and that of one coming to an end,it's down to the manager (and the player)to be motivated until the end :scarf:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Balham_Green":3twshp8r said:
Do you know he doesn't? Doesn't seem keen too go to Hartlepool.

I haven't seen him show it in many of his games BG.

I witnessed Shrewsbury at home, but Newport away and York away were lows for me.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
IJN":3uk9xm04 said:
Balham_Green":3uk9xm04 said:
Do you know he doesn't? Doesn't seem keen too go to Hartlepool.

I haven't seen him show it in many of his games BG.

I witnessed Shrewsbury at home, but Newport away and York away were lows for me.

Did any of our team come out with much credit in either of those games? I gather not!

If Morgan is still with us on Saturday, give him a start so he can give them a Jim Bowen moment (this is what you could have won!)...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Phil, Newport away they certainly did, when Enoch came on we were far better.

At York it was one of the worst substitutions I have ever witnessed, everything he did was wrong.

I really hoped he kick on after Shrewsbury this season but alas it wasn't to be.

No nastiness from me, I just think it's better for both Argyle and the player to go their separate ways.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Indeed, he did play very well against Shrewsbury. Interesting that he only got abou 15 minutes of football in the three league games that followed...

Agreed, perhaps it is better he moves on.

Sheridan either signed a poor player or is struggling to get anywhere near the best from him.

Hopefully things will be different with Brunt?

I just struggle to understand Sheridan's decision making in general (I think we all do at times), though moving Morgan on is probably the right one given the circumstances.

C

Cobi Budge.

Morgan plays best when he starts games (early last season, plus Southend, Hartlepool and yesterday this season). He's wasted being thrown upfront as a target man for 5 mins when we are chasing the game, why? Because h's isn't a target man, Morgan has always been best with the ball at his feet, he is deceivingly fast and he's best when he can run at or past a defender.

He's far better than some give him credit for, and he's been treated quite awfully by some fans during his time at the club.

I hope he moves on because he needs a fresh start to reignite his career, good luck to him.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":ytaok4np said:
Morgan plays best when he starts games (early last season, plus Southend, Hartlepool and yesterday this season). He's wasted being thrown upfront as a target man for 5 mins when we are chasing the game, why? Because h's isn't a target man, Morgan has always been best with the ball at his feet, he is deceivingly fast and he's best when he can run at or past a defender.

He's far better than some give him credit for, and he's been treated quite awfully by some fans during his time at the club.

I hope he moves on because he needs a fresh start to reignite his career, good luck to him.

When has he ever successfully run at or past a defender or shown any signs of pace?

I admit he is given too harder time by some fans in that on his day he can cause real problems for defenders but he has had nowhere near enough good days for me. Granted injuries haven't been kind to him since he arrived but he just doesn't offer enough on a regular basis.

Let him move on, maybe a fresh start with a new set of fans and a new manager will do him the world of good, for us he is a waste of a wage IMO...

C

Cobi Budge.

I'm not sure how people can deny Morgan has pace, not at the Southend home match when he tore apart their defence and was the sole reason they went a man down?

He's nothing special but he's an alright player with the ball at his feet, and best deployed out wide.

I know it's too early to come to a firm judgement but so I've far I've seen Brunt play about 70-80 minutes for us and Morgan just seems to offer more in most departments apart from age.

I agree with Cobi in that Morgan (this season) has been better than most would give him credit for. Also agree with Cobi that he is deceptively quick, not a traditional target man and is better wide than centrally.

But he's pretty poor with the ball at his feet, in terms of touch and end product. His main assets are his pace and work ethic - he's pretty good for seeing out games because he'll chase everything, and he will, usually by luck, sometimes dribble past players. Still wouldn't say he's that good with the ball at his feet - better than in the air, in fairness.

Can't really compare him to Brunt in my opinion - totally different players. Brunt is a traditional target man.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
MannameadGreen":2g4u14bb said:
I agree with Cobi in that Morgan (this season) has been better than most would give him credit for. Also agree with Cobi that he is deceptively quick, not a traditional target man and is better wide than centrally.

But he's pretty poor with the ball at his feet, in terms of touch and end product. His main assets are his pace and work ethic - he's pretty good for seeing out games because he'll chase everything, and he will, usually by luck, sometimes dribble past players. Still wouldn't say he's that good with the ball at his feet - better than in the air, in fairness.

Can't really compare him to Brunt in my opinion - totally different players. Brunt is a traditional target man.

Not to mention the fact that he has played about 10-15 minutes of first team football for us in which to judge him on.

C

Cobi Budge.

Starting to get the feeling Sheridan might have picked up a really good player here, still young as well. 2 goals in 4 appearances, 3 of those from the bench, needs to improve with the ball at his feet but have been very impressed with his work rate.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Two good goals and plenty of action when he comes on.

Looks good to me. Far better for the team than Marvellous Morgan so far, who had far more chance to prove his worth than The Beast has.

Feed the Beast and he will score.

:scarf: