Sack Adams now | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sack Adams now

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Inexcusable to lose the initiative from the position we were in
Inexcusable to not muster one shot today
Disgraceful
Goodbye

Feb 8, 2005
You have to give it to Neil Ardley, he did his homework on us. We weren't allowed to play our normal game and got muscled out of the game, both at the back, in the middle,especially Carey, and also up front.
Blame Adams if you want, but he got out-thought.

Oct 28, 2004
I am confident he can do it next season. He put trust in players. If he decides that some were not up to the task then new may come in.

Jun 24, 2011
Adams has a full preseason ahead of him. Lets see what he dies with that and how we start next season. I remember being excited with pretty much all his signings last summer. A few more quality signings along those lines with less reliance on the loan system and we should have a promising future ahead. Not to mention to possible emergence of players like Rooney.

Jun 24, 2011
Would have been good to see a significant change earlier. The second half never got going. Seems like we didn't have a plan B which was the mot disappointing.

Oct 5, 2013
Somerset_Pilgrim":14blu796 said:
Adams has a full preseason ahead of him. Lets see what he dies with that and how we start next season. I remember being excited with pretty much all his signings last summer. A few more quality signings along those lines with less reliance on the loan system and we should have a promising future ahead. Not to mention to possible emergence of players like Rooney.

If I were Rooney and was offered a contract anywhere else with a League team (which I think is quite likely), I'd be off like a shot. I'd be thinking "Why would DA pick me this season, when he didn't given me any sort of chance all last season, but when he did, I shoved two goals past what I had in front of me, and then he left me out of the squad for Wembley?"
Pretty much the same applies for Tyler Harvey.

Apr 28, 2010
Manager picks the team, the players let the manager and fans down today, simple as.

Which part of Wembley, play off final, promotion to league 1, 35 thousand fans, did They not get!!

# embarrassed

Jun 24, 2011
philevs":1ft7ryf5 said:
Somerset_Pilgrim":1ft7ryf5 said:

If I were Rooney and was offered a contract anywhere else with a League team (which I think is quite likely), I'd be off like a shot. I'd be thinking "Why would DA pick me this season, when he didn't given me any sort of chance all last season, but when he did, I shoved two goals past what I had in front of me, and then he left me out of the squad for Wembley?"
Pretty much the same applies for Tyler Harvey.

Yeah true. Same for Purrington, would like to see him play more next season.

G

Greenskin

Andy Holland":1kvcgq2v said:
I get so sick of misuse of the term "scapegoat".

The guy is in charge of the team - if you can't hold him ultimately responsible for the system and attitude, then who should that fall to?

It's such a lazy way to dismiss an argument.

Here's a thought pal - if you're a neutral then perhaps you haven't got a clue as to what we fans who've been watching all season have seen.

Talking of lazy arguments, what exactly has Wimbledon finishing 7th to do with the price of eggs?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Greenskin":29s2sjjy said:
Andy Holland":29s2sjjy said:
I get so sick of misuse of the term "scapegoat".

The guy is in charge of the team - if you can't hold him ultimately responsible for the system and attitude, then who should that fall to?

It's such a lazy way to dismiss an argument.

Here's a thought pal - if you're a neutral then perhaps you haven't got a clue as to what we fans who've been watching all season have seen.

Talking of lazy arguments, what exactly has Wimbledon finishing 7th to do with the price of eggs?

That we finished above them and therefore shouldn't have been so scared of them. They should have been worried about us but the manager completey wimped out of taking the game to them.

You were saying?

Mar 11, 2012
FFS
If you want to blame anyone for our p**s poor last part of the season then blame David Brent(sorry James Brent).
We are going nowhere with him at the helm. The only ones who thoroughly enjoyed today were Exeter City supporters and James Brent as this means he wont have to fork out for better players and instead will be scouring the country and lower leagues for another shambles load of free transfers and loanees. The only reason he took Argyle out of administration was not because he couldn't bare to see the club fold but because of the investment potential in the land around home park and the sooner that gets concluded one way or the other the better for all concerned so he can pass the club onto someone with ambition and football at heart. If he actually carried out his promise and strengthened in January then there is every chance we would be starting the new campaign in league one.
For all those wanting Derek Adams out - be very careful what you wish for. Maybe all he needs is some decent backing.
GD

Sep 25, 2010
up_the_line":2ll0cdbr said:
Inexcusable to lose the initiative from the position we were in
Inexcusable to not muster one shot today
Disgraceful
Goodbye

Are you sure you are not on something,or taken something, to make you like this

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Difficult argument and and its probably a bit too raw to discuss it sensibly.

My only remarks would be if someone had said to me at HT or 60 mins that i could make any substitution i wanted, i wouldn't know where to start. With the exception of Luke, Nelse and Hartley, i could have mad a case for replacing any of the other 8 outfield players. I think that suggests we could have had Fergie, Wenger and Jose on the the sideline today, but with that many players having n off day, its tough to make the right call.