Seats on the old terrace | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Seats on the old terrace

C

Cobi Budge.

The figure was definitely 250k to hire the seats for a season.

I'd rather leave it empty, I'm not saying we have it but if we did that amount of money can go a long way in player recruitment at this level, I'd rather we used it on that.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Looking at the remaining fixtures there's nothing there that shouts full house.If we make the play offs then the home leg might, but then the segregation area could be reduced.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Cobi Budge.":2t8u6lvz said:

I'd rather leave it empty, I'm not saying we have it but if we did that amount of money can go a long way in player recruitment at this level, I'd rather we used it on that.

Where'd you get that figure from? :crazy:

C

Cobi Budge.

spowell92":3cp0g614 said:
Cobi Budge.":3cp0g614 said:

Where'd you get that figure from? :crazy:

Family member was part of organizing them. Sounds high but that was the figure.

That was to have the seats transported, installed, maintained, un-installed and the general season long hire.

A lot of money for something we don't need right now.

Oct 1, 2006
Surrey
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31645052

Ridiculous legislation. Grimsby would be allowed to install terracing or safe standing in their Blundell Park home, but if they were promoted back to the football league they wouldn't be allowed to use it because they spent 3 consecutive seasons at level 2. However, Exeter are allowed to build a new terrace (rightly in my opinion) and house away fans in a pretty shocking 'terrace' because they haven't.

Fans can stand in League 1 at Crawley, Fleetwood, Yeovil, Scunthorpe, Rochdale, and in the Championship at Brentford.

It's clear that this legislation is wrong and has little to do with safety so why no appetite amongst those that make the laws to change it?

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
As I said, no Govt wants to revoke the law and then get the blame should there be another Hillsborough incident. They'll point to the fact that grounds have improved and are more family-orientated since the Taylor Report recommendations were implemented.

Oct 24, 2010
There are numerous companies who hire temporary stadium seating and it would be simple task to obtain competitive quotations. I would hope the club have already done this to assess if it is an economical proposition should the need arise.