Sh!t referee! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sh!t referee!

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":61xcvj87 said:
Hope he gets sacked. Complete and utter idiot.
And the line-o as wewll, the one on the lindy side was usless trouble is it wont alter the result. :furious:

Jun 8, 2014
We all have off nights.

Not that I hold much hope for him after tonight, was awful (for both sides I might add) from start to finish.

Hoping he gets sacked is probably a bit harsh, but he may well find himself as just a linesman for the next few games he features in..

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The lino was a coward....he was bang in line with the penalty and right in front of us, he couldn't have missed it so why didn't he give it.

Sep 23, 2005
That was a typical Andy Woolmer performance. I always wince when I see he's our ref. I'm surprised more don't remember other abject, cowardly, incompetent performances.
He's been getting away with it for yonks so no IJN he won't be sacked.

J

jsimmons

Couldn't believe the ineptitude of the referee for both sides at times tonight. Did anybody else think that Josh Simpson was brought down on the halfway line in the second half for an obvious Argyle free kick, but the ref gave it to Orient?! As for the penalty that should have been, Jervis clearly had his shirt pulled. The ref obviously saw the incident as he was only ten yards away. If he didn't see anything, what was he waving away appeals for? The good referees are the ones you don't notice!

Worst referee I've witnessed at Home Park for several years. I know the standard of officials in League 2 is going to be low, but I wouldn't trust this guy with an Under 10s DJM match on a Saturday morning. Is there a way this can get fed back to the FA? Surely they have some sort of reviewing process.

Jun 8, 2014
jollygreenjohn":3o8k1s6a said:
That was a typical Andy Woolmer performance. I always wince when I see he's our ref. I'm surprised more don't remember other abject, cowardly, incompetent performances.

Been doing it for years then? Fair enough, odd how it's never been reviewed properly if he is consistently this bad.

J

jsimmons

jollygreenjohn":24xlk4zx said:

Can't specifically remember his previous appearances at Argyle at the moment, but I've seen enough of him over the years to know that Woolmer is definitely one of those referees I'd prefer not to pay to watch.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paven":1ok0wo8v said:
jollygreenjohn":1ok0wo8v said:

Been doing it for years then? Fair enough, odd how it's never been reviewed properly if he is consistently this bad.

All I can think is they are as blind as that prat.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jollygreenjohn":10h69d4y said:

Yep. Woolmer has been around for years and is always likely to put in a performance like this.
In the lower leagues match officials get away with being poor because there is no outside mass scrutiny, whereas in the Premier League cameras are everywhere and Woolmer's performance would have been the talk of tv pundits and newspapers.

He got no help from his linesmen, even in simple decisions like throw-ins.

That's two decisions in consecutive matches involving Jervis where the referee has failed in his duty which has ultimately affected the result.

Linesman are often told by referees to go with his decision unless it's something big. Lino definitely bottled the penalty.

Adams has said it was stonewall and he's frustrated that it wasn't awarded, didn't say anything about because the crowd summed it up!

Sep 23, 2005
Unfortunately for me it goes back to our championship days and a match where he blatently gave every decision to our opponents until the last few minutes when it was too late and the game was lost.
I really spent ages after pondering that he must have been biased against us but in the end concluded he was just incompetent.
Since then he has been back on a number of occasions and each time you get the same awful performance. Not always one way either it is just random at times but it's the weakness and lack of control and bottling of the big decisions. I always refer to him as the grinning assassin. Not so many smiles tonight though.
I had hoped he had retired but alas not so sigh.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
The one that most of all baffled me was when Carey skinned their defender without even making barely any contact with him but yet it still got pulled back for a free kick, not using it as an excuse but it does make you wonder what may have happened had he not blown up for a foul with Carey set to go in 1 on 1....

Hopefully it will be the last we see of Andy Woolmer. Although lets face it, it's quite some mystery as to how some of these refs have made a professional living out of refereeing.