Sh!t referee! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sh!t referee!

Steve.PAFC2012":2p0igeur said:
The one that most of all baffled me was when Carey skinned their defender without even making barely any contact with him but yet it still got pulled back for a free kick, not using it as an excuse but it does make you wonder what may have happened had he not blown up for a foul with Carey set to go in 1 on 1....

Hopefully it will be the last we see of Andy Woolmer. Although lets face it, it's quite some mystery as to how some of these refs have made a professional living out of refereeing.

There was zero contact, their player tripped over his own feet. Carey was through if he'd got past him. Woolmer is a disgrace, I don't normally like blaming the ref but last night he carries a large burden. I hope the club report him.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Looking on the net there's an absolute dossier on woolmer.
Apparently this cretin has ruined many a game dating back to at least 2009 with a number of reports of clubs writing to the FA about him or issuing scathing criticism of his performance.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Was there an FL assessor in the grandstand last night, I wonder? If so, I'd be very interested to read his report. Can the club actually complain or report the ref?

May 22, 2006
Emeraldinho":3nmio6hg said:
Was there an FL assessor in the grandstand last night, I wonder? If so, I'd be very interested to read his report. Can the club actually complain or report the ref?

There is an assessor at every game but comments will never be disclosed.

DA highlighted that we have not had a penalty all season. We have had five against us, including two against Pompey. Meanwhile Pompey were 0-0 last night until Greening was sent off. They seem to have a lot of players sent off against them.

Does anybody have the stats for Penalties awarded for and opposing players sent off against for Argyle and Pompey this season? I suspect there may be a big difference.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Emeraldinho":1gapp7sl said:

After seeing how many other games he's turned into farces online I've looked up the FA's complaint address.

Nov 4, 2012
Wyldes deflected shot that was gicen as a goal kick. Possibly the worst decision i've ever seen.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Sadly, knowing how the Football League works when confronted with criticism of it's inept and incompetent referees, DA could well find himself having to explain himself in front of the mandarins!

The more crap the referee, the more protection the FL give them!

Can't win against them - FACT!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Emeraldinho":ew2dxhs1 said:

I always was led to believe that each club manager get an opportunity to send in a performance card regarding the match ref's performance. This is compared with the F L assessor who has a grandstand seat. When Premier League refs have a bad game they are often 'rested' for a match or two after a debrief with the Premier League Referee Supremo. I cannot imagine there is any debrief at Argyle's league level, but surely there must be some action taken by the F L if the assessors produce regular weak performance marks for particular referee. To leave a poorly performing referee to carry on regardless week in week out, year in year out, does not allow promotion opportunities for up and coming young refs to be promoted to the League list. After last night's performance, it is a good job Mr Woolmer does not work in a competitive business environment with 6 monthly employee performance appraisals.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Strange where the so called ref comes from. (Northampton) and where are they trying to get to(the play-offs). Makes one think about possible bias. :furious:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
181341f3b92720bddb6d05797c785248.jpg

:lol: :thumbs:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
PAFC94":5x7adhxc said:
Wyldes deflected shot that was gicen as a goal kick. Possibly the worst decision i've ever seen.

If that is the worst decision you have ever seen then I can only assume most referees you get to see are exceptionally good ones. Not noticing a deflection on a shot happens every week somewhere or another up and down the country. Frustrating yes, but he only gave what he thought he saw. The penalty claim when Jervis was being held, these get turned down every week in bucket loads too.

For me, the worst was not interpretating that Jay Simpson's tackle on Oscar Threlkeld was serous foul play.

A very poor day at the office for Mr Woolmer and you can understand why he has never climbed any higher. The only thing you can say in his defence is, it seems he is consistently poor.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Ryan Brunt push at the end was the funniest.

When you see a player (and I was in the GrandStand) stretch both his arms out and push a player three feet and the referee is looking at it, and I mean straight at it from less than 6 feet you have to wonder if the man suffers from 'night blindness' or something.

The most inept referee I have seen at Home Park since Gurnam Singh.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1dab0s2s said:
The Ryan Brunt push at the end was the funniest.

When you see a player (and I was in the GrandStand) stretch both his arms out and push a player three feet and the referee is looking at it, and I mean straight at it from less than 6 feet you have to wonder if the man suffers from 'night blindness' or something.

The most inept referee I have seen at Home Park since Gurnam Singh.

Don't you mean Green Blindness. :greensmile:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Some basic things refs should do

1) Give fouls against centre backs (pulling/pushing/holding), then they will stop fouling
2) Book people for time wasting, then they will stop time wasting
3) Not give a free kick if someone shields the ball then falls over, then they will stop falling over
4) Give penalties for fouls inside the box then perpetrators will stop doing it
5) Grow a pair and control what's going on.

Too many are too weak and that is why the crowd were so frustrated last night. Refs make mistakes like everyone does but some things aren't mistakes they are a lack of control, judgement and pure bottle.

Are they really coached not to do points 1-5 above because most of them are clones to a greater or lesser extent?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Penlee":18irwfwd said:
Some basic things refs should do

1) Give fouls against centre backs (pulling/pushing/holding), then they will stop fouling
2) Book people for time wasting, then they will stop time wasting
3) Not give a free kick if someone shields the ball then falls over, then they will stop falling over
4) Give penalties for fouls inside the box then perpetrators will stop doing it
5) Grow a pair and control what's going on.

Too many are too weak and that is why the crowd were so frustrated last night. Refs make mistakes like everyone does but some things aren't mistakes they are a lack of control, judgement and pure bottle.

Are they really coached not to do points 1-5 above because most of them are clones to a greater or lesser extent?

If they cannot do the job they shouldn't be in the job. :furious: