Sheridan in or out poll | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in or out poll

Do you want Sheridan to stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 142 47.2%
  • Go

Votes: 107 35.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 52 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 5, 2013
If the manager does read this site as mentioned above, I hope he'll see that the comments on it come from wanting our team to do well, and that we want him both to be successful and to relate well to the fans. Being a football supporter IS an emotional experience, not just one that is played out in the head!

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Balham_Green":2dczaa1h said:
The penny is taking a long time to drop for some people. There was little improvement last season on the second half of previous season, we finished very poorly in fact, and there is no sign of any improvement this year either. Its not just the results its the clueless performances - a poor Exeter exempted.
Sheridan is tactically clueless. All very well changing things but its too late then. We are chasing the game.. And as for his subs!!!. - What was the idea of taking our leading scorer off against Stevenage when 1 down.
There is no pace in the team, the build up is too slow and very little movement off the ball. This team is going nowhere.
I'm sat here scratching my b... head!
All very well changing things but its too late then :think:
So are you saying ''don't change'' or ''change after 2 mins at 0-0'' or what ?

What was the idea of taking our leading scorer off against Stevenage when 1 down.
As I'm sure you witnessed RR was getting no change against their CBs who had pinned him down. So p'raps to avoid injury etc then change. Funny thing is, as you probably saw, 0-1 became 1-1 :greensmile:
Goodnight

Jan 7, 2013
tigertony":1e37leuy said:
Balham_Green":1e37leuy said:
The penny is taking a long time to drop for some people. There was little improvement last season on the second half of previous season, we finished very poorly in fact, and there is no sign of any improvement this year either. Its not just the results its the clueless performances - a poor Exeter exempted.
Sheridan is tactically clueless. All very well changing things but its too late then. We are chasing the game.. And as for his subs!!!. - What was the idea of taking our leading scorer off against Stevenage when 1 down.
There is no pace in the team, the build up is too slow and very little movement off the ball. This team is going nowhere.
I'm sat here scratching my b... head!
All very well changing things but its too late then :think:
So are you saying ''don't change'' or ''change after 2 mins at 0-0'' or what ?

What was the idea of taking our leading scorer off against Stevenage when 1 down.
As I'm sure you witnessed RR was getting no change against their CBs who had pinned him down. So p'raps to avoid injury etc then change. Funny thing is, as you probably saw, 0-1 became 1-1 :greensmile:
Goodnight
Totally agree about why RR was subbed against Stevenage, he was absolutely knackered and getting no where! Just because he is our top scorer does not mean he needs to play every minute of every game..

C

Cobi Budge.

clokey84":2apaceg7 said:
I'd be amazed if JS has even heard of PASOTI let alone ever read anything on here!

After the Exeter game he said "last week people were writing things about what sort of person I am, what's that all about?", apart from Twitter, I can't think of many other places to be honest.

If he does read this site, I hope he doesn't take these comments as personal attacks, just the fact many of us want the guy to show some passion, then I could get behind the manager, right now, I can't get behind him nor call for his head.

The problem I have is that, even though it's still only five games in, we look like we're destined for another mid-table finish. The same mistakes are creeping in, such as Sheridan's lack of a plan B, playing players out of position, inability to score and stop the other team from scoring off set pieces etc. I think that Nelson, Hartley, Cox and Reid could all be star men for a promotion-winning side, and a number of others regular starters. Sheridan is good at signing players, but he's a poor tactician and we are a side lesser than the sum of its parts.

I'm not yet at the point where I want Sheridan to be sacked, but if he were to leave of his own accord, I wouldn't exactly be upset, put it that way.

Jan 7, 2013
Cobi Budge.":g1y2vowi said:
clokey84":g1y2vowi said:
I'd be amazed if JS has even heard of PASOTI let alone ever read anything on here!

After the Exeter game he said "last week people were writing things about what sort of person I am, what's that all about?", apart from Twitter, I can't think of many other places to be honest.

If he does read this site, I hope he doesn't take these comments as personal attacks, just the fact many of us want the guy to show some passion, then I could get behind the manager, right now, I can't get behind him nor call for his head.
Yes I read that too, I'd imagine people tell him what has been written about him I'd be very surprised if he sat down and actually read what the fans think!

Oct 5, 2013
To my mind, the manager has changed a couple of important things about his management and thereby improved his performance, suggesting that he could well be reading this site! Specifically, he has got better at motivating the team and at changing a game, better substitutions and clearly better in the dressing-room at half-time. Credit where it is due, this has been good to see.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Cobi comes in for a lot of stick on here and I can quite understand why. Today he says he has no personal dislike of JS which doesn't equate with very personal insults of "idiot" & "moron" which he was throwing about so freely on yesterday's game thread. He was very negative and vocal about our first half performance but had little to say when JS decisively early triple substitution turned things around in the second half.
I'm not in favour of change for change's sake and feel ashamed and embarrassed that this thread has resurfaced before the end of August. I don't know Cobi so I hope he won't take it personally when I criticise the silliness of the youth of today who seem to demand recognition of their right for everything to be done their way.. and right now.

Jan 7, 2013
philevs":1e90v8cz said:
To my mind, the manager has changed a couple of important things about his management and thereby improved his performance, suggesting that he could well be reading this site! Specifically, he has got better at motivating the team and at changing a game, better substitutions and clearly better in the dressing-room at half-time. Credit where it is due, this has been good to see.
You truly believe that he has changed certain things because he may have read something on here?

Oct 5, 2013
clokey84":18ly0as6 said:
philevs":18ly0as6 said:
You truly believe that he has changed certain things because he may have read something on here?

----

Maybe or maybe not, but it has to be a possibility!

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":22n1e0vi said:
clokey84":22n1e0vi said:
philevs":22n1e0vi said:

----

:funny: :funny:

Perhaps thats where he went wrong because I don't see any signs of improvement.

Jun 8, 2014
philevs":24h9as1a said:
clokey84":24h9as1a said:
philevs":24h9as1a said:

----

Not defending you as such but to be fair Shez knew people were saying things about him after Cambridge which hints that he does find out about a few comments. Someone reads them because he knew there were a few personal insults and comments towards him.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Why would people want to sack a manager who has won this division relarively recently? Given how utterly useless Brent is i cant see him hiring a better replacement.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
r4h4al":3qhg2qyo said:
Liam Vercoe":3qhg2qyo said:
hometown5":3qhg2qyo said:
Not yet. Give him time till the end of the season. If he can't win the promotion, then he should go.

I agree with this, unless we lose in the play-off finals or there's some daft situation where the top ten are separated on goal difference and we just miss out then I think we should consider other options. I always try to be as positive as possible but if I'm honest there has never been a genuine moment when Shez has been in charge where I've thought "this lot could get us promoted this year" but that could all change in a matter of matches because I'm just as fickle as the rest of ya ;)

What about the 3-0 win over Exeter City?

Exeter just happened to be worse than we are.

FWIW a Bury supporting member of another forum I frequent said we were absolute poo and that we'd go nowhere with Sheridan at the helm.