Sheridan in or out poll | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in or out poll

Do you want Sheridan to stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 142 47.2%
  • Go

Votes: 107 35.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 52 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is such a ridiculous thread. Sheridan has only been at the club five minutes. To go from relegation fodder to promotion winning material takes time. I think he is slowly getting things right.. will be interesting to see where we are after 15 games

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Womble":3fr0gmz5 said:
Why would people want to sack a manager who has won this division relarively recently? Given how utterly useless Brent is i cant see him hiring a better replacement.
But he hired Sheridan who you think is good so isn't that rather a self-eating argument?

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Womble":36uyxmqc said:
Why would people want to sack a manager who has won this division relarively recently? Given how utterly useless Brent is i cant see him hiring a better replacement.
:facepalm: Very simple answer - get your cheque book out.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I just cant see him splashing out much on a new guy if he has to pay out the previous manager. Not self eating at all.

I dont think he has the funds to pay off Sheridan anyway, so this thread is moot.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
tigertony":372y0qtk said:
Womble":372y0qtk said:
:facepalm: Very simple answer - get your cheque book out.

Where am i asking for the chequebook? Ive predicted Sheridan to get us promoted this seaon. With more or less this team.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":ua732bfo said:
No point is there, no one has any money to pay anyone off.

Exactly - we dont have any money. Unless yoy know different? . Feel fre to actually answer the point instead of you usual sort of replies. Didnt think i could post on a subject without you jumping in!

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
To my mind Sheridans pigheaded insistence on playing players out of position is costing us points and will go on doing so. Watchin McHugt failing woefully at left back is as scary as watching a randomly selected member of the public attempting brain surgery. Apparently the lightbulb finally came on for Sheridan on Saturday when he brought on Purrington, but it was very much shutting the door after the horse had bolted. We're off the pace already and it would've been worse had we not scored an equaliser 8 minutes into injury time against Stevenage...apparently people are happy that this is all part of the development of the side because there are 9 new faces (which is disingenuous if Cox Reid and Bittner count towards the 9). Other teams that have had an overhaul seem to have used their pre season properly.
He'll be here til the end of the season thats a given, but I have lost my previous confidence that Sheridan is capable of managing this team to its potential

May 22, 2006
tigertony":2yzgpbfd said:
up_the_line":2yzgpbfd said:
We're off the pace already
We were ''off the pace'' after 4 games in all promotion seasons since I first walked into HP in the 60's (19 not 18!)

We've also been off the pace after four games in many seasons that we didn't win promotion since the 60's. Not really something to generate much confidence.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Without checking GoS, my memory tells me Argyle start poorly most seasons.

Can only remember 02/03 in League 1 when we did well early on and a season in the 1980s when we flew out the blocks. Can't remember whether it was Bobby Moncur or Saxton in charge or maybe it's my memory playing tricks.