Sheridan in/out thread | Page 38 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan in/out thread

Do we need a change of manager?

• Yes

Votes: 122 54.2%
  • No

Votes: 75 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 28 12.4%

• Total voters
Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
I just want him out.

He comes down here with his northern accent and swans about acting like he’s in charge or something. Just who does he think he is?

OK. so he’s had a good career as a professional playing at a high level and gaining a whole load of caps; so he’s got his coaching qualifications and has proved himself successful at this and higher levels; so he sees the players in training and knows what they’re good at and not good at; so he’s got us off to the best start to a season we’ve had in a few years. So what? I’d much rather take the advice of the fat-arsed know-it-all sat behind me who regularly watches Match of the Day and is the font of all footballing knowledge despite never having played the game, or maybe the pimply youth sat in front who’s a bit of a whiz on his computer game.

Stability and a settled squad are the last things I want; mob mentality does it every time for me………………

:doh:

Jul 6, 2005
GreenSam":1h7al3ou said:
How many wins do we need to have at home before it stops being a load of 'fortuitous' results and starts being the result of having good defenders and goalkeeper?

We must be close to that point, no? Luck can only stretch for so long.
Accept your point re: good keeper behind a good defence; without this we are going nowhere.

But it would be nice if the midfield and forwards could take some pressure off of the defence and we could actually keep the ball away from our goal.

On Saturday against Shrewsbury, as was the case against Hartlepool in the previous home game, most of the second half seemed to be played in our half.

Sheridan has got to employ more positive tactics and not just rely on counter attacking because the better teams will punish us if we sit back and try to soak up the pressure after we score.

However, if he is going to counter attack at home it might be more successful if he picks one or two of our quicker players, such as Thomas and Banton.

When Sheridan said he was going to have a 'home team' and an 'away team' I didn't realise that he was going to play the 'away team' at home and vice versa.

Mar 23, 2008
ninjamissile":2jxycfmx said:
I just want him out.

He comes down here with his northern accent and swans about acting like he’s in charge or something. Just who does he think he is?

OK. so he’s had a good career as a professional playing at a high level and gaining a whole load of caps; so he’s got his coaching qualifications and has proved himself successful at this and higher levels; so he sees the players in training and knows what they’re good at and not good at; so he’s got us off to the best start to a season we’ve had in a few years. So what? I’d much rather take the advice of the fat-arsed know-it-all sat behind me who regularly watches Match of the Day and is the font of all footballing knowledge despite never having played the game, or maybe the pimply youth sat in front who’s a bit of a whiz on his computer game.

Stability and a settled squad are the last things I want; mob mentality does it every time for me………………

Interesting those who support the manager or knock those who don't, never come up with a reasoned defence of him which by saying nothing, says it all.

Jan 7, 2013
up_the_line":2cfci3sk said:
LostPilgrim":2cfci3sk said:
8th in the league after 11 games and the majority on here want to sack the manager! Who the hell do we think we are?! :lol:

I think that quite a few people are obviously capable of seeing past the fortuitous results we've had and recognise that, despite our current dizzying position of 8th in division 4 no less (woop woop), that promotion is distinctly unlikely if we are happy to allow teams like Shrewsbury (no away goals in 7 hours of football) to utterly dictate the pace of the game on our own patch and show us how a ball is actually passed between two team mates.
People it seems are also capable of seeing when a player who has been brought to this club is either a.) being played woefully out of position or b.) is devoid of any discernible qualities (Smalley, Morgan) or c.) Devoid of any discernible desire (Smalley).
Perhaps you will be happy come the end of the season if we finish 9th as it will 'represent an improvement on last season', I really don't know. Perhaps, on the strength of the performances you've witnessed this season you're convinced that JS is moulding these players into a team that is likely to achieve promotion. From where I'm sat (and I'm desperate to be proven wrong, believe me) I see no evidence that we'll be playing League 1 football next season, and that is the ONLY way this season will be judged a success.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SPOT ON^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dec 2, 2010
Spot spot on!

And Decaster - you're right, I am yet to hear a cogent argument on what JS's strengths are? Although his best achievement is undoubtedly bringing in RR and getting the best from him.....Alessandra to some extent.....what other existing player has improved or lived up to potential under JS?

Aug 15, 2008
I think we will be a model of inconsistency. A win followed by a draw then 2 defeats kind of run. All season. It's what happened last year and now this.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenSam":2z3flkee said:
How many wins do we need to have at home before it stops being a load of 'fortuitous' results and starts being the result of having good defenders and goalkeeper?

We must be close to that point, no? Luck can only stretch for so long.

I dont buy it. A win against the bottom side, against 10 men and a transfer embargoed Exeter. Should we be impressed?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Fair, it doesn't look great when you word it like that. But we've beaten (most of) what's been in front of us.

We'll see if it sticks for the next 3-4 home games to see if you're right.

Jun 15, 2013
Of course I do not want Sheridan to be sacked, I want Paul Cox if Sheridan goes. :scarf:
Any possiblity??

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
ninjamissile":2qi3tv57 said:
I just want him out.

100%
I don't care if we play 99% in our half
I don't care if all our goals are off the refs backside
I don't care if JS is a miserable fecker
I don't care if all our wins are lucky
I don't care if our defence saves the day at every game (thats their job)
I don't care if 10 sides in Lge One go bust and we stroll into that Lge
etc

I DO CARE that we get out of this sheite league asap however its done.

Apr 4, 2004
I think when Luke young goes on somewhere and makes Torquay a wedge of money people may finally get it through there heads that our first team is being run by someone who doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

May 1, 2011
ninjamissile":3dqu2upf said:
I just want him out.

Good players always make brilliant managers..........the history of football is littered with this.........or not! Brady, Shearer, Adams, Bobby Charlton......the list is endless....

You sound like a peasant from North Korea decrying anyone who questions our grand leader!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":19mx0bue said:
ninjamissile":19mx0bue said:
I just want him out.

Good players always make brilliant managers..........the history of football is littered with this.........or not! Brady, Shearer, Adams, Bobby Charlton......the list is endless....

You sound like a peasant on North Korea decrying anyone who questions our grand leader![/quote]
The irony :yawn: