Sheridan's future | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheridan's future

Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2o4162r4 said:
Bristol Rich":2o4162r4 said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2o4162r4 said:
For flip sake! Am I actually reading some of this utter crap?!

Sheridan appears to have been a victim of his own success. Our aim this season was to ensure we weren't in a relegation scrap. Not only has that been achieved, but we're still in the chase (outside bet admittedly) for the Play Offs.

Sheridan has had a brilliant season, as have the rest of the team. If we can keep this team together (I'm worried that Hourihane, some of the youngsters and especially Reid may leave soon) and add two or three first team starters then there's no reason why next season we can't challenge for promotion and even the title.

Get of his back for crying out loud and actually look at what he has achieved.

I'm not sure how you can say our aim this season was to avoid a relegation scrap?? That's a poor argument that you can't back up.

Secondly he hasn't had a rubbish season but he certainly has not had a brilliant season. In my whole time of supporting Argyle there has only been 2 brilliant seasons. (25 years plus btw)

21st
23rd
23rd
21st
21st

Anything that doesn't start with a bloody two will go down well in my book this season!!!
2nd? ;)

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Bristol Rich":1pb9owhj said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1pb9owhj said:
Bristol Rich":1pb9owhj said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1pb9owhj said:
For flip sake! Am I actually reading some of this utter crap?!

Sheridan appears to have been a victim of his own success. Our aim this season was to ensure we weren't in a relegation scrap. Not only has that been achieved, but we're still in the chase (outside bet admittedly) for the Play Offs.

Sheridan has had a brilliant season, as have the rest of the team. If we can keep this team together (I'm worried that Hourihane, some of the youngsters and especially Reid may leave soon) and add two or three first team starters then there's no reason why next season we can't challenge for promotion and even the title.

Get of his back for crying out loud and actually look at what he has achieved.

I'm not sure how you can say our aim this season was to avoid a relegation scrap?? That's a poor argument that you can't back up.

Secondly he hasn't had a rubbish season but he certainly has not had a brilliant season. In my whole time of supporting Argyle there has only been 2 brilliant seasons. (25 years plus btw)

21st
23rd
23rd
21st
21st

Anything that doesn't start with a bloody two will go down well in my book this season!!!

But you said the word brilliant, exactly the opposite of what Sheridan is saying by the way.

Also what made you think that avoiding relegation fight this season was a sucess?? Again the opposite of what the manager is saying.

He's the manager and I'm a fan. After spending some time in the Play Offs, he isn't going to turn around and say, "Oh well, we've had a brilliant season as it is, I'm not fussed what happens now."

Sheridan hasn't been here for the five years I've highlighted above. After seeing crap both home and away for five consecutive seasons, I'm over the moon that this season we are still in with a shout of promotion with four games to go. I certainly didn't expect that following a rather crap day in Southend on the opening day.

Therefore, in my opinion I think the team have done brilliantly by exceeding the expectations that many had for them (whether the manager is one of them or not).

For me, next season the aim has to be to improve again. We're only going to improve upon this season (making the assumption that we don't go up) by being promoted - so then I'll change my aspirations accordingly.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mar 23, 2008
Greenskin":19g8h6ej said:
Deacster":19g8h6ej said:
Greenskin":19g8h6ej said:
Deacster":19g8h6ej said:
plymptonpilgreen":19g8h6ej said:
I don't believe what im reading.
We are just outside the playoffs for the first time since our dramatic fall and people want him sacked ?
Haha some argyle fans are dense they really are
Not as dense as fans who accept dire and sterile football and antiquated tactics from a bang average manager, now that is dense.

The intriguing aspect of your posts is the apparent double standards contained therein.Not suggesting for one minute that things are ideal at the moment or that Sheridan is the perfect manager but it must be said that things are a darned sight better than they were a year ago or when Sheridan took the job in January 2013-the league position confirms that,slim chance of a play off place rather than a relegation battle-surely that can't be contradicted.You've wasted no opportunity to slag Sheridan off,in fact it occurs just about every time that Argyle lose a game,no problem with that-you have your opinion and have a right to express it.Just strikes me as rather odd and illogical that i can't remember you applying the same standards when Argyle were losing match after match under the previous manager,who i do believe was defended until the last ditch and maybe beyond by yourself.Again,that isn't really a problem,just seems rather a contrary position to hold-would there be an element of one law for one but not for the other in your point of view? Just wondering.
First of all thanks for paying such attention to my posts, bit weird but hey ho. I make no bones about it I don't like the manager. I don't like his style of play, I don't like his lack of tactical nous, I don't like his pitch side body language, I don't like the fact be barates HIS team for his own shortcomings, I don't like the lack of a plan for the team and club, I don't like the fact he NEVER changes a game and leaves his subs too late........I could go on. So yes, we when lose a game with a pith poor performance, lack of tactics and fight then yes I fo blame him.

Certainly nothing weird about it old cock-it's just so fudgeing obvious that every time Argyle lose,you come on and launch a diatribe against Sheridan.I don't think there's anything especially weird either about remembering that we had some strong arguments about the merits and demerits of Fletcher during his reign and subsequent sacking but if that is so,then i agree that i would appear to be an obsessive,stalking creep.

Now that's been sorted out,still puzzled that a manager who has taken the club from the pits of the division to the edge of the play offs can apparently have no good qualities whereas the previous manager,who was taking the club to places it had never been before,such as Hyde,Alfreton and Salisbury,apparently had plenty but, as you say,hey-ho.
Sheridan has his merits, I just don't think he's the man to take us forward. Ultimately Fletcher wasn't up to it and needed some experienced help but I tell you what he showed a tactical flair to change a game and also had a clear game plan. As for us discussing this at the time, the words no-one wants to hear: "it obviously meant more to you than me as I can't remember it!!"

G

Greenskin

Deacster":kf64flel said:
Greenskin":kf64flel said:
Greenskin":kf64flel said:
plymptonpilgreen":kf64flel said:
I don't believe what im reading.
We are just outside the playoffs for the first time since our dramatic fall and people want him sacked ?
Haha some argyle fans are dense they really are
Not as dense as fans who accept dire and sterile football and antiquated tactics from a bang average manager, now that is dense.

The intriguing aspect of your posts is the apparent double standards contained therein.Not suggesting for one minute that things are ideal at the moment or that Sheridan is the perfect manager but it must be said that things are a darned sight better than they were a year ago or when Sheridan took the job in January 2013-the league position confirms that,slim chance of a play off place rather than a relegation battle-surely that can't be contradicted.You've wasted no opportunity to slag Sheridan off,in fact it occurs just about every time that Argyle lose a game,no problem with that-you have your opinion and have a right to express it.Just strikes me as rather odd and illogical that i can't remember you applying the same standards when Argyle were losing match after match under the previous manager,who i do believe was defended until the last ditch and maybe beyond by yourself.Again,that isn't really a problem,just seems rather a contrary position to hold-would there be an element of one law for one but not for the other in your point of view? Just wondering.
First of all thanks for paying such attention to my posts, bit weird but hey ho. I make no bones about it I don't like the manager. I don't like his style of play, I don't like his lack of tactical nous, I don't like his pitch side body language, I don't like the fact be barates HIS team for his own shortcomings, I don't like the lack of a plan for the team and club, I don't like the fact he NEVER changes a game and leaves his subs too late........I could go on. So yes, we when lose a game with a pith poor performance, lack of tactics and fight then yes I fo blame him.

Certainly nothing weird about it old cock-it's just so fudgeing obvious that every time Argyle lose,you come on and launch a diatribe against Sheridan.I don't think there's anything especially weird either about remembering that we had some strong arguments about the merits and demerits of Fletcher during his reign and subsequent sacking but if that is so,then i agree that i would appear to be an obsessive,stalking creep.

Now that's been sorted out,still puzzled that a manager who has taken the club from the pits of the division to the edge of the play offs can apparently have no good qualities whereas the previous manager,who was taking the club to places it had never been before,such as Hyde,Alfreton and Salisbury,apparently had plenty but, as you say,hey-ho.
Sheridan has his merits, I just don't think he's the man to take us forward. Ultimately Fletcher wasn't up to it and needed some experienced help but I tell you what he showed a tactical flair to change a game and also had a clear game plan. As for us discussing this at the time, the words no-one wants to hear: "it obviously meant more to you than me as I can't remember it!!"

Really? In conjunction with your last sentence,i suppose that proves that you and i don't share the same memory pattern in more ways than one. :lol: Anyway,lets hope Argyle win on Friday.

Mar 23, 2008
Indeed. Bottom line is we all want Argyle to do well, I'll have a good whinge about the manager but the bottom line is will be there the next home game to cheer the team on.

Aug 15, 2008
Sheridan has flaws. No plan B and weird substitutes. His northern gritty demeanour does not make for a media friendly experience (Which is deemed important nowadays, though not by me). He needs to be proactive and not reactive - put the other manager under the cosh and not vice versa.

This all being said he should stay for one more season - he has done a good job.

C

Cobi Budge.

If we don't put up a serious challenge for the play offs/automatic next season, that'll be a failure imo & then I'll probably want a new manager. Until then I'll probably remain indifferent.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2hjpvngj said:
Should Sheridan be sacked? I don't think so.

Should Sheridan be doing better with the players he has? Very much so.

Copy me basically word for word then, could have at least used the "quote" button ;)

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Cobi Budge.":699klp6z said:
If we don't put up a serious challenge for the play offs/automatic next season, that'll be a failure imo & then I'll probably want a new manager. Until then I'll probably remain indifferent.

Is this currently not a serious challenge for the play offs?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
spowell92":2krc4tug said:
Cobi Budge.":2krc4tug said:

Is this currently not a serious challenge for the play offs?
No.
I think it just fell into our lap this year.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Damn it, I drove all the way to Fleetwood just for them to lie down for us.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
It certainly hasnt fallen in our lap. Hard work and some strong
performances have proved we have a half decent side. We can compete on our day with the best sides in the league yet on our worst we loose badly to the bottom sides. I think Sherdian has done a decent job. After all, look back at the comments on here when Bristol Rovers appointed Ward. Oh look what we missed out on. Now look, we still have the play offs in our sight. They have the conference and Ward is glossing the canteen door id imagine. So take the Sherdians rubbish comments with a pinch of salt. All you hear is, well Chesterfield fans warned us. Maybe they did, but they weren't moaning when they won the third division title and went to Wembley eh!!!

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
CornishPaul":2d4gccu6 said:
It certainly hasnt fallen in our lap. Hard work and some strong
performances have proved we have a half decent side. We can compete on our day with the best sides in the league yet on our worst we loose badly to the bottom sides. I think Sherdian has done a decent job. After all, look back at the comments on here when Bristol Rovers appointed Ward. Oh look what we missed out on. Now look, we still have the play offs in our sight. They have the conference and Ward is glossing the canteen door id imagine. So take the Sherdians rubbish comments with a pinch of salt. All you hear is, well Chesterfield fans warned us. Maybe they did, but they weren't moaning when they won the third division title and went to Wembley eh!!!
... and thats a fact that no-one can manipulate in a negative way. :scarf: