Something Great happening? Rod Stewart? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Something Great happening? Rod Stewart?

Dec 3, 2005
PilgrimLew":1yop3j0m said:
It's either status quo or rod Stewart Plymouth about 40 years behind the rest of the country haha :lol:

Who would you like to see - being sensible here - that would GUARANTEE a sell out?

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
davie nine":3nbwr40f said:
Most important.
What will be the financial benefits to PAFC?

Probably a percentage of the ticket money. :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
From memory at the time, Argyle farmed out the first one maybe two, wished they hadn't and then did their own thing and lost money. Todd really was a wizard wasn't he? :crazy:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Not the name beginning with "W" that I had in mind Ian.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Hardly big news is it? As far as I am aware the club never made much, if any, cash from previous gigs.

And certainly not excited about this from an artistic point of view either.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Has nobody seen what sort of venue Ashton Gate now offers for concerts? That is the place to go surely. If Bristol is close enough to provide derby matches then it is close enough for the city's big gigs.

;)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ah but you can park your car in Plymouth knowing there's a high chance it being there at the end of the night.

Plus, June in Plymouth is a wonderful place to be, right by the Ocean. They have a muddy river.

Jul 29, 2010
Meh. Don't seem to recall a gamechanging windfall from the last load of concerts.

Good to see the ground being used I suppose, any income is better than no income. But it's not even going to cover the funds for one player.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Lundan Cabbie":3ef5rvca said:
PL2 3DQ":3ef5rvca said:
I love how the Herald are turning it into a big breaking news announcement. :)

Rod Stewart is safe and will put (old) bums on seats but the city needs relevant acts at HP.

With the stage already up during next summer perhaps other acts will be booked?

The problem there is that most major acts who would fill a stadium venue, plan their tours and venues a lot longer than ten months in advance.

That's funny! :funny:

Jun 22, 2005
Not my cup of tea at All but on the Facebook ad for this is says "live at plymouth fc". Missing a word there methinks...