Sort out in the summer Mr Sheridan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sort out in the summer Mr Sheridan

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
James Owen":2y2kmjdn said:
I'd keep trotman.
Until we get a better CB in obviously.

Mar 23, 2008
Suffolk Green":2gh8joqs said:
And pronto! Get rid of the dead-wood early-on and put a team together who can roll their sleeves up when need be. We’ve rolled over far too easily - on too many occasions this season.
No more Home Park push-over performances please.
The old adage is that a team reflects the managers character. This team lacks just that, character. He's had a clear out already and built an average and unbalanced squad. Don't fancy him doing it all over again.

Mar 23, 2008
Ave_IT":t56sn6uk said:
Pasties and Cider":t56sn6uk said:
Sorting the dead wood in the dug out needs to be the starting point. Don't give him another penny Mr Brent - get rid.
Agreed. Before anyone says 'knee jerk' I never once called for the sacking of Reid or Fletcher and at the time was gutted to see both go. I'm usually patient to a fault.

Sheridan has done 'a job' ie kept us up and steered us to mid table albeit with dire football and zero emotional bond with club or fans or (apparently) players. Now 'thanks and goodbye'. His obvious limitations will hold us back from further progress and we now have the luxury of a summer to sound out potential targets and pick our man without fear and give him a pre-season. I can't face another season of this mindless football and baffling 'tactics'.
This.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Deacster":1u4y56ga said:
Ave_IT":1u4y56ga said:
Pasties and Cider":1u4y56ga said:
Sorting the dead wood in the dug out needs to be the starting point. Don't give him another penny Mr Brent - get rid.
Agreed. Before anyone says 'knee jerk' I never once called for the sacking of Reid or Fletcher and at the time was gutted to see both go. I'm usually patient to a fault.

Sheridan has done 'a job' ie kept us up and steered us to mid table albeit with dire football and zero emotional bond with club or fans or (apparently) players. Now 'thanks and goodbye'. His obvious limitations will hold us back from further progress and we now have the luxury of a summer to sound out potential targets and pick our man without fear and give him a pre-season. I can't face another season of this mindless football and baffling 'tactics'.
This.
I'm with you guys/girls/creatures.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Sheridan still has two years left on his contract so fans are going to be stuck with him and his coaching staff for quite a while yet. Better get used to it.

Mar 23, 2008
oddball":2mgad758 said:
Sheridan still has two years left on his contract so fans are going to be stuck with him and his coaching staff for quite a while yet. Better get used to it.
That was my concern. JB stuck with Fletch for ages and we can ill afford a pay off. Worrying and depressing thought being stuck with such boring anti football for another couple of years.

Jan 26, 2009
Morecambe
I can't see him being sacked. He's improved our League position. Brent isn't the most football savvy, and he has 2 years left.

Whether or not he is the right man, I think he'll remain into next season at least.

N

NorfolkGreen

What caused us to go on such a good run and a significantly better league position?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pasties and Cider":11ri06da said:
it is a fair observation.sheridan has an assistant and that should be enough.we have mccarthy,what does he do for goodness sake? ans surely we must be the only 4th division club with a motivational coach!what a joke.

Jul 11, 2011
Trotman is essential at the moment!!!! How many headers did he win today??? Shame he is weaker on the floor but if we had reverted to 4 at the back then it would be tighter back there so he would be less exposed and could let Nelson deal with the floor while he cleans up the air!!

Nov 4, 2012
Akos Bubacksy":2czoqh08 said:
Trotman is essential at the moment!!!! How many headers did he win today??? Shame he is weaker on the floor but if we had reverted to 4 at the back then it would be tighter back there so he would be less exposed and could let Nelson deal with the floor while he cleans up the air!!

I think Trotman's been good for the most part of this season but the last few games he has been diabolical.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
NorfolkGreen":2xn5ofrc said:
What caused us to go on such a good run and a significantly better league position?
If I remember rightly it coincided with Sheridan bringing in Lavery and him helping to secure some vital wins around Christmas time. In other words, only better players are going to make a real difference. This summer we can sell ourselves as a team approaching play-off ability, rather than one lucky to escape relegation for the second year in a row.

Jul 1, 2006
Good point G M.
Enter - a 'proper' Captain / leader / vocal force on the pitch.
And, get some consistency / better home form.