Sort out in the summer Mr Sheridan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sort out in the summer Mr Sheridan

Jul 21, 2012
Salisbury
I worry that not achieving promotion this year would lead to several key players leaving. The likes of Reid and Nelson, will both be on there way with both of their contracts up and the end of the season. Maybe even Alessandra aswell, leaving us with Marvellous Marvin upfront on his own. :whistle:

C

Cobi Budge.

Seriously?

Trotman would be one of the first out the door for me, cloaks how poor he is by winning a fair few headers, the amount of goals we concede thanks to Trotman unforced error's is absolutely ridiculous.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Cobi Budge.":2cj623or said:
Seriously?

Trotman would be one of the first out the door for me, cloaks how poor he is by winning a fair few headers, the amount of goals we concede thanks to Trotman unforced error's is absolutely ridiculous.
Got to agree with Cobi on this one.

Trotman didn't get tight on Constable, next thing it' s 2-nil and game over.

Strong in the air yes, but like Blanchard he is personally responsible for too many of the goals we concede.

His mistakes have cost us too many points this season, e.g. we lost both Burton games 1- nil directly as a result of Trotman mistakes.

Blanchard and Trotman have both got to go if we want to move on, at this level we need CB's who do the basics well in the way that Coughan did.

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
The defence do make a few mistakes that result in conceeding goals & ultimately loosing matches but the bottom line is Argyle are unable to score goals & if you have trouble scoring goals you are going to struggle to win matches. These mistakes wouldn't be highlighted so much if Argyle could put the ball in the old onion bag on a regular basis.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Cobi Budge.":2a1sxbgn said:
Seriously?

Going to agree here too, I have no problems with him being here if we're playing against say Phil Brown, or Aidy Boothroyd, but definitely not when we play teams who can use the ball well with their feet, for example, Oxford or Exeter.

If anyone doesn't agree that he doesn't make mistakes, watch the Exeter highlights and in particular their second goal. Nichols is running at him, but still a good few feet away, when Trotman just slips. He literally just falls over. No real pressure, just loses his footing.. It's ridiculous, the pitch wasn't that wet!

He does this several times each game, and whilst I think if a team comes at you in the air then play him, if not.. He's just not going to work I'm afraid.

Keep him as a rotation option. Prefer him to Blanchard as I now fail to see what Boanchard offers at all, sorry Maxi.

Dec 20, 2011
6 players have contracts going into next season.......

LEWI BANTON BLIZZARD CONOR MORGAN PURRINGTON

So take your pick out of the rest.

Oct 24, 2010
I not sure a wholesale clear out is the answer. We have a League Two budget which isn't going to be any bigger next season and we can't expect a team of world beaters. Sheridan is reported as saying that on Saturday every Oxford player was better than every one of his. I don't think this is true. Oxford were very well organised, well drilled, disciplined and played a simple 4-2-3-1 system, which they were all comfortable with, with the focus on keeping the ball; we were the opposite, tactically inept and intent on giving the ball back to Oxford at every opportunity. Oxford played very well but we made it far too easy for them and I think the fault lies mainly with the management team. Why we persist with this wing back system is beyond me, to me it appears only Blanchard and perhaps Guerreri are able to play it, Trotman, Nelson and Thomas struggle with the positions they are being asked to play and it's simply not working.

Jul 6, 2011
demportdave":2nyz0cdf said:
Cobi Budge.":2nyz0cdf said:
Seriously?

Strong in the air yes, but like Blanchard he is personally responsible for too many of the goals we concede.

His mistakes have cost us too many points this season, e.g. we lost both Burton games 1- nil directly as a result of Trotman mistakes.

Blanchard and Trotman have both got to go if we want to move on, at this level we need CB's who do the basics well in the way that Coughan did.

I agree that it's time to give the Nelson/Richards combo a chance, all this so-called 'experience' is letting us down most weeks. They work well together and Richards despite his age has never let us down with a bad performance.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
briangreen":1fb5i886 said:
demportdave":1fb5i886 said:
Cobi Budge.":1fb5i886 said:
Seriously?

I agree that it's time to give the Nelson/Richards combo a chance, all this so-called 'experience' is letting us down most weeks. They work well together and Richards despite his age has never let us down with a bad performance.
This.

Jun 26, 2006
Richards has never really had a chance to show anyone whether or not he has the ability / desire / wherewithal to be a centre half . That's not his fault .It's just the way it is .

Jul 6, 2011
fishypilgrim":1ykak4a9 said:
Richards has never really had a chance to show anyone whether or not he has the ability / desire / wherewithal to be a centre half . That's not his fault .It's just the way it is .

He hasn't had many opportunities thrown his way that's for sure, but I certainly can't forget his start against Aldershot and they had some very big strikers including Guy Madjo, a man most of us rated highly. Like Nelson he needs to be thrown in the deep end to see if he sinks or swims.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
briangreen":3r58o99g said:
fishypilgrim":3r58o99g said:

He hasn't had many opportunities thrown his way that's for sure, but I certainly can't forget his start against Aldershot and they had some very big strikers including Guy Madjo, a man most of us rated highly. Like Nelson he needs to be thrown in the deep end to see if he sinks or swims.
Knowing Argyle he will be released without being given a chance.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
briangreen":34x4baao said:
fishypilgrim":34x4baao said:

You certainly can and indeed have forgotten it. Madjo had signed for Argyle by the time of that Aldershot game being played :lol: