Sort out in the summer Mr Sheridan | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sort out in the summer Mr Sheridan

C

Cobi Budge.

Agreed Josh.

Trotman can count himself lucky he plays alongside Nelson, if he was with a more average centre back he'd be found out even more than he is now.

Poor-okish player, who we need to replace if we are to mount a promotion push, bucket loads of unnecessary goals conceded through Trotman errors.

W

Wilfredo

Deacster":un03k3ev said:
Ave_IT":un03k3ev said:
Pasties and Cider":un03k3ev said:
Sorting the dead wood in the dug out needs to be the starting point. Don't give him another penny Mr Brent - get rid.
Agreed. Before anyone says 'knee jerk' I never once called for the sacking of Reid or Fletcher and at the time was gutted to see both go. I'm usually patient to a fault.

Sheridan has done 'a job' ie kept us up and steered us to mid table albeit with dire football and zero emotional bond with club or fans or (apparently) players. Now 'thanks and goodbye'. His obvious limitations will hold us back from further progress and we now have the luxury of a summer to sound out potential targets and pick our man without fear and give him a pre-season. I can't face another season of this mindless football and baffling 'tactics'.
This.

This and This

Sep 26, 2009
esmer":3vjmvzae said:
I not sure a wholesale clear out is the answer. We have a League Two budget which isn't going to be any bigger next season and we can't expect a team of world beaters. Sheridan is reported as saying that on Saturday every Oxford player was better than every one of his. I don't think this is true. Oxford were very well organised, well drilled, disciplined and played a simple 4-2-3-1 system, which they were all comfortable with, with the focus on keeping the ball; we were the opposite, tactically inept and intent on giving the ball back to Oxford at every opportunity. Oxford played very well but we made it far too easy for them and I think the fault lies mainly with the management team. Why we persist with this wing back system is beyond me, to me it appears only Blanchard and perhaps Guerreri are able to play it, Trotman, Nelson and Thomas struggle with the positions they are being asked to play and it's simply not working.
Almost all esmer's points applied to ,in my opinion, the Burton game a few weeks ago - out-played by a better organised team that knew what the manager wanted - I just get the feeling that JS does not have a system/formation that suit the players he picks or just does not have a system/formation that is coached on the training ground during the week in a manner that they can apply on match day. As Mr Fox ex of Exeter once said - players in the lower leagues can only grasp one new move each week. Hopefully one day - the throw-in might be seen as an advantage to the team with the ball!

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
PAFC94":2d7f43zu said:
Reid, Alessandra, Hourihane, Nelson, McCormick stay, the rest go.
So leave us with no secondary keeper? Let Banton go? in fact, if you believe that we need to let every other player go, then please, tell me your logic behind this.

Do you know how much compensation it would cost to get rid of players who would still have time remaining on their contract?

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
rose":1hybbp39 said:
PAFC94":1hybbp39 said:
Reid, Alessandra, Hourihane, Nelson, McCormick stay, the rest go.
So leave us with no secondary keeper? Let Banton go? in fact, if you believe that we need to let every other player go, then please, tell me your logic behind this.

Do you know how much compensation it would cost to get rid of players who would still have time remaining on their contract?

I agree. PAFC94 that doesn't even include people like Purrington, Young or Harvey, two of the best talents we've produced in a long time that look like one day they will play and to a high standard as well.

The only thing I'd do is build a team around those 6. In terms of starting XI, those are as good a 6 as you'll get, top quality players. However, what's clear is we lack the talent around them. I'm alright with the back 4 we've got but more than anything it shows lack of quality deth and actually our midfield isn't brilliant, well, on the wings at least.

Dec 20, 2011
John Eldridge":2ngsy7n8 said:
6 players have contracts going into next season.......

LEWI BANTON BLIZZARD CONOR MORGAN PURRINGTON

So take your pick out of the rest.

None of these will leave........until 2015

Feb 15, 2005
I agree that it is time to give our fringe and young players a go, when Bolasie and Puncheon were here they were used sparingly and undervalued. What value these two now they are Premier League players starring for Palace.