Sparksy for G.A.S Board. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sparksy for G.A.S Board.

Jan 16, 2005
dunlop":2tt1ysza said:
I am not to sure about this GAS board being a success, but if does get off the ground and running I think a clean sweep is needed with all new committee members who have not been previously involved with Argyle in an official capacity, I would include spaksy in that group.

Would you mind expanding on the reasons for your proposal.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps Mike thinks we should bring in Exeter fans?

Mike, we need people that know our club, that are fueled with passion and understanding, why not Sparksy?

The last thing I want is people that know their way around ballot boxes and say 'Mr Chairman' a lot or (even worse) 'Point of Order'.

We need Janner input.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Are BBC employees allowed to stand on official bodies?Would GAS board see the same old faces,that we already have on other supporters groups,re appearing?Would there be fair elections?Who would decide which supporters groups can enter a candidate?.What about the senior greens?Argyle have an ageing fanbase you will need an old codger on the board somewhere?Why should the trust have an automatic place?

Aug 9, 2011
Whiddon down
dunlop":19uubsk4 said:
I am not to sure about this GAS board being a success, but if does get off the ground and running I think a clean sweep is needed with all new committee members who have not been previously involved with Argyle in an official capacity, I would include spaksy in that group.

And I guess that will be your perogative to not vote for Sparksy or anyone else who puts themselves into the ring that YOU deem unsuitable. I cannot imagine, nor would I think it healthy, if a raft of restrictions on who is deemed appropriate for selection was created. IMHO people, anyone, willing to put in the effort and commitment desired should be able to be nominated, a statement of intent (manifesto if you will) can be put out for the wider fan base (the electorate) to absorb and consider and then votes cast. Isn't that how a democratic open voting process works rather than a weighted election where you can vote for any of the 'suitable' candidates deemed acceptable?

I say let them be nominated or propsed, Sparksy, joe normal, harry wotsit with his shaved head included, and if they convince enough they have the passion, integrity, sense - whatever you are looking for - to get your vote then back them, if not, don't - simple :)

Fwiw though I think Gordon is a great shout!!

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
what are the aims of this group? sorry if its on another thread,,,,i seem to of missed it,

Aug 9, 2011
Whiddon down
totnes comie mike":i9y10znq said:
what are the aims of this group? sorry if its on another thread,,,,i seem to of missed it,

If I have understood, its 7 'fans' to meet bi-monthly with the board to offer constructive challenge to the direction of the board/football club is taking.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Brigga":23maao8q said:
totnes comie mike":23maao8q said:

If I have understood, its 7 'fans' to meet bi-monthly with the board to offer constructive challenge to the direction of the board/football club is taking.
thanks brigga,,,,,,well for my money,,,7 names in a hat ,,,put your own name forward if interested,,change the 7 every 2 meetings,,,,i think that would be a fair way,,,all fans shoulld have a chance,,

G

greenblood79

no way. he out of touch with whats going on and up his own backside. i would say dont give up your day job but he isnt very good at that

A

Anonymous

greenblood79":20xe916y said:
no way. he out of touch with whats going on and up his own backside. i would say dont give up your day job but he isnt very good at that

I can say without a doubt that you are talking complete rubbish.

Sparksy was fantastic for the Trust during the fight to save the Club. Graham Clark and myself became basically residents in his studio as he gave the fans more press than anyone else (possible run close by Edd Moore).

You can dig at his day job talents but frankly that is irrelevant for the GASB.

Hes a big fan, he wants to help and can throw his hat in the ring just like any other Argyle supporter can.

T

Tim Chown

I may be wrong, but I thought the idea was to have the vote at a match. In which case the proxy vote for a ST holder would presumably be by them giving their ticket to a friend to vote for them. That would save a significant amount of envelope stuffing and postal costs. It's not clear if/how non-season ticket holding exiles get a vote.

There are many details in the GAS proposal that need to be sorted out, but overall there's a lot of good news from yesterday's meeting. There certainly seems to be a strong calibre of non-execs coming in with the three people unveiled (welcome back Peter!), a mentor for Fletch, a stakeholding option for the Trust to consider, and a proposal for increased fan governance.

Onwards and upwards!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Tim Chown":2ndit0ko said:
I may be wrong, but I thought the idea was to have the vote at a match. In which case the proxy vote for a ST holder would presumably be by them giving their ticket to a friend to vote for them. That would save a significant amount of envelope stuffing and postal costs. It's not clear if/how non-season ticket holding exiles get a vote.

There are many details in the GAS proposal that need to be sorted out, but overall there's a lot of good news from yesterday's meeting. There certainly seems to be a strong calibre of non-execs coming in with the three people unveiled (welcome back Peter!), a mentor for Fletch, a stakeholding option for the Trust to consider, and a proposal for increased fan governance.

Onwards and upwards!

To be honest Tim, after the name of Gas Board came out as pointed to by JBs secretary (allegedly) it was difficult to hear anything else. I did hear 7 members but arent 3 to be Directors or nominees?

As Ive said elsewhere the acoustics at the Guildhall are appalling and we will have to see how it pans out.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
to get a broad veiw this needs to be randomly drawn from hat,,with the way the club is being run in a more open way this surely has to be the way,,,every fan who want to be involved has to be in with a chance,hope it doesnt get to the point where only a certain amount of votes gets you through the door,,,the club would want to know the veiw of jo public not just someone with a 100 votes,to me that stinks of a old boys network,,,,

A

Anonymous

greenblood79":18hpjsfh said:

Unusual for you to troll, GB. :lol:

T

Tim Chown

Indeed Tony.

I hope there is an appropriate consultation period for the proposal to be discussed further. Many supporter groups may wish to give their feedback, including the Trust. And many details do need to be sorted.

The general principle of running the club with a greater say for the fans, and being open to scrutiny, is of course to be welcomed, and a breath of fresh air.

A

Anonymous

totnes comie mike":16wjsjl1 said:
to get a broad veiw this needs to be randomly drawn from hat,,with the way the club is being run in a more open way this surely has to be the way,,,every fan who want to be involved has to be in with a chance,hope it doesnt get to the point where only a certain amount of votes gets you through the door,,,the club would want to know the veiw of jo public not just someone with a 100 votes,to me that stinks of a old boys network,,,,

:greensmile:

How about a big grabber thingy, and when a person walks past a buyer van, snatch them, and they can be selected in that manner.

I'm with YOU brother! :think: :whistle: