Sparksy for G.A.S Board. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sparksy for G.A.S Board.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Tim Chown":3lxyd35s said:
Indeed Tony.

I hope there is an appropriate consultation period for the proposal to be discussed further. Many supporter groups may wish to give their feedback, including the Trust. And many details do need to be sorted.

The general principle of running the club with a greater say for the fans, and being open to scrutiny, is of course to be welcomed, and a breath of fresh air.

Like you, I await further and fuller details.

Unlike you, "The general principle of running the club with a greater say for the fans" is a mirage if you had inserted the word "direct" before "say".

I have only wanted to be a fan in my 45 years supporting Argyle and thats how I wish it to end. If you want a greater say, become rich and buy the club or start as an office boy/girl in the general managers office and work yourself up diligently, until one day you may also become general manager and run Argyle.

Simples :greensmile:

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
IJN":2uawrfv0 said:
totnes comie mike":2uawrfv0 said:
to get a broad veiw this needs to be randomly drawn from hat,,with the way the club is being run in a more open way this surely has to be the way,,,every fan who want to be involved has to be in with a chance,hope it doesnt get to the point where only a certain amount of votes gets you through the door,,,the club would want to know the veiw of jo public not just someone with a 100 votes,to me that stinks of a old boys network,,,,

:greensmile:

How about a big grabber thingy, and when a person walks past a buyer van, snatch them, and they can be selected in that manner.

I'm with YOU brother! :think: :whistle:
i think it would send out a huge message to the the fan base that the club were indeed very serious about including everyone in this, if people were randomly selected ,pure chance,you put your name forward and you have the same chance as anyone else,,,,also like ijn s big grabber thing idear :greensmile: we must keep the transparantcy,,,,we have seen the unbeleavable work from the gt s,,from chriss and ian,,wouldnt it be great if every single fan had a chance to up there putting there point over,,,,

A

Anonymous

Right then, we need to hold votes, for who'll operate the grabber.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
IJN":1bymhc8z said:
Right then, we need to hold votes, for who'll operate the grabber.
iam out of that one ian,,,,cider and grabbers noooooooooooooo :greensmile:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":36lozljf said:
Perhaps Mike thinks we should bring in Exeter fans?

Mike, we need people that know our club, that are fueled with passion and understanding, why not Sparksy?

The last thing I want is people that know their way around ballot boxes and say 'Mr Chairman' a lot or (even worse) 'Point of Order'.

We need Janner input.

Ian I do not disagree with any of the above (I will have to think about the Exeter fans) what I would like to see is voting restricted to only the customers as JB said yesterday the fans,I would say the customers are the fans who pay to watch Argyle.

I will give you an example of a guy who is a member of the senior greens, not been to watch the team play for 3/4 years, always got plenty to say, how many of them are out there, how many on this site actually pay to watch the team play, should they have a say when all they want to do is stir the sxxx.

I would like to see some fresh faces on the G.A.S Board, people who represent the real fans of all age groups.

I know there are plenty of unfortunate fans who can't genuinely get to watch the team, never the less if the club is to move forward the paying fans have got to increase.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Agree some fresh faces are needed, eg someone much younger and also, dare I say, a female voice. My slight concern is that if there's a need for manifestos and such, only those who enjoy the limelight, or who at least aren't shy of it, will put themselves forward.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
can we have a poll please,,,,random selection(out the hat if you put your name forward) or a vote system,,,,ile be going for random,we have a real chance here with our brand new modle of a football club to show other clubs the way forward,we need a cross section of the fan base,it just wouldnt feel right to me after all we have been through to do it any other way ,,,jo/jill public is the life blood of this club,let him have his/her say,,,

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Random selection sounds good to me. Would be the most democratic way surely? Groups like the GTs can select their representative any way they want of course.

A

Anonymous

Lesley Reardon":2uo9mdmi said:
Random selection sounds good to me. Would be the most democratic way surely? Groups like the GTs can select their representative any way they want of course.

Never heard of democracy meaning names out of a hat! :)

100% agree on the need for new blood. I was only saying this to a few supporters on Saturday.

There has to be some form of voting process though.

Names out of a hat could lead to all sorts of issues. What if some really dodgy characters stood who in normal circumstances would be rightly exposed but could come out of a hat?

What if we ended up with a poor gender balance because all men or all woman were 'drawn on'?

What if the 4 best people for the roles missed out to 4 people with the wrong motivations?

Elections in reality have always been and will always be a popularity contest.

Everyone does things differently. I'd imagine voters would get a 'statement' from the candidates (much like the trust elections) so that would be one way that all candidates could push themselves.

That aside if a particular candidate goes over and above that and uses pasoti, leaflets etc then fair play to them. Elections are won by people who grasp the moment. I'd personally as an Argyle supporter and trade unionist love a bit of spice and passion in this election. I would love some candidates with opposing views and ideals. The trust election this far has been very quiet and I'd imagine that most voters cannot see much difference between the 8 candidates (not a criticism just an observation).

Let's spice it up. The Club is saved but the GASB will be the group keeping a close eye on the board and making sure that we never fall into that trap again.

Step forward if you are up for the challenge.......

A

Anonymous

dunlop":3gorpm9r said:
IJN":3gorpm9r said:
Perhaps Mike thinks we should bring in Exeter fans?

Mike, we need people that know our club, that are fueled with passion and understanding, why not Sparksy?

The last thing I want is people that know their way around ballot boxes and say 'Mr Chairman' a lot or (even worse) 'Point of Order'.

We need Janner input.

Ian I do not disagree with any of the above (I will have to think about the Exeter fans) what I would like to see is voting restricted to only the customers as JB said yesterday the fans,I would say the customers are the fans who pay to watch Argyle.

I will give you an example of a guy who is a member of the senior greens, not been to watch the team play for 3/4 years, always got plenty to say, how many of them are out there, how many on this site actually pay to watch the team play, should they have a say when all they want to do is stir the sxxx.

I would like to see some fresh faces on the G.A.S Board, people who represent the real fans of all age groups.

I know there are plenty of unfortunate fans who can't genuinely get to watch the team, never the less if the club is to move forward the paying fans have got to increase.

Agree with almost all of that Mike. The ex pat and long distance fan is a problem though, because it must be awful not being to attend but being linked in with the "stay at home Janner" must be galling.

I quite like what Tony Cholwell touched on, on Saturday actually, what a shame we haven't got a ST owners club, now that really would be an interesting group and one I would listen to more than any other.

I'm right behind Sparksy though, the more Janners the better in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

Just to add another little thought.....

The problem with these groups as the Trust has previously found is that you don't need talkers you need 'doers'.

The likes of Graham Clark, Peter Ryan and Lee Jameson provide examples of being able to be forward thinking but also have the drive and workrate to represent supporters to the highest level.

Let's hope these elections fine the next Clark, Ryan or Jameson.......if indeed some or all of those gents don't throw their hat in the ring.

Chris

Sep 23, 2003
location, location.
Chris Webb":36byxyih said:
Lesley Reardon":36byxyih said:

Never heard of democracy meaning names out of a hat! :)

The Daddy of all democracies (what did the Greeks ever do for us?) was based on a lottery ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athenian_democracy#Selection_by_lot_.28Allotment.29

Rumours that Archimedes was working on a grabber to help with the selection process are sadly unfounded.

D

Damon.Lenszner

Still thinking that the Trust should be the body that represents the fans. However if the GAS Board were to be the vehicle then I would wholeheartedly support Sparksy.

With regard to 'new faces' - we have just been through the most turbulent times in our history. The call went out for help from supporters and we had many, many people step forward to assist. Do you not think that everyone who wanted to stick their head above the parapet has already done so? Surely if a 'new' name and face came along now the cry would go out - where were you when we needed you!