Stevenage Predictions | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage Predictions

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Green83":25jr7h5c said:
MannameadGreen":25jr7h5c said:
Plymouth Argyle 1-1 Stevenage. Hartley for us.

I'd play, assuming Cox isn't fit:

Are you allowed to play? Are you regisetered?

If you can't make it, can you have a word with Shez and get me 5 minutes

:scarf:
and me please :greensmile:
Didn't know Walton had joined them ? Must have missed that earth shattering transfer.!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't think 'non descript' is an attack on their journey through the football pyramid, just describes the way I feel about them.

Similar to Maidstone, I'm sure we played them, but I can't remember doing so.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
IJN":1tdyvo5w said:
5-0 a humiliating game for this non description club.

Our first ever meeting at Home Park? Let's hope it's the last.

A rather odd comment in my opinion and just the sort of thing I would print off and stick on the wall of the away changing room if I were in charge of Stevenage Borough.

Given our track record over the last few years, what right do we have to be so critical of a club which has worked hard to obtain various promotions and has been operating at a higher level than us for a number of years?

I just hope Sheridan and the team treat them with a bit more respect and approach the game in a professional manner.

I am going to predict a hard fought 2-1 to Argyle, Banton and Hartley to get the goals for us.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's your opinion Phil, and I have mine.

I think I covered it in my post to Mr Clark.

I'm sure JS will have more respect, it's what Managers do isn't it? Luckily it's not my job, I'm a fan, and I can be as disrespectful as I like, it's all about opinions after all.

PS I have to say 5-0 though, as I did it on Saturday, so I will continue until our bubble bursts.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
We never seem to follow up brilliant performances though, think York away after the 1-0 Exeter game and more recently Bristol Rovers after the thumping of Morecambe.

Fergy":3oau81wk said:
We never seem to follow up brilliant performances though, think York away after the 1-0 Exeter game and more recently Bristol Rovers after the thumping of Morecambe.
But the thumping of Morecambe came after we thumped Fleetwood 5-0 away! Not entirely sure but wasn't there a game between York away and Exeter home that season - think it might have been Chesterfield away on the Tuesday night, remember Joe Bryan scored a brilliant goal.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Feel free to pass your comments on to Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace should he be attending.
Here's a summary of his time at Stevenage - pretty non-descript

In 1999 he purchased a 90% holding in Stevenage F.C. after it was reported that the club were days from closing.
Since then the clubs finances have been rebuilt and the stadium improved to a 7,100 capacity.
The improvements implemented by Wallace included a new £600,000 stand opening and work on a new £2.5 million training facility was announced for nearby Shephalbury Park - which subsequently opened in Autumn 2002. The club also continued to improve on the pitch under Wallace's chairmanship. (alas no Cinema though)
During the 2001–02 season, Stevenage reached the FA Trophy final at Villa Park, but lost 2–0 in the final. Wallace continued to run a tight ship as Stevenage showed signs of gradual improvement. Stevenage became the first side to win a competitive final at the new Wembley Stadium in May 2007; winning 3–2 in the final in front of a competition record crowd of 53,262. This success was repeated again in 2009, when Stevenage Borough defeated York City in the final 2–0. In 2010, they competed in the FA Trophy final at Wembley Stadium once again.

The following year, on 17 April 2010, Stevenage were promoted to the Football League for the first time in the club's history with two games to spare. Promotion was secured thanks to a 2–0 win at Kidderminster Harriers. The title win subsequently meant that Wallace was the a chairman of a Football League club for the first time during the club's 2010–11 campaign. It also backed Wallace's controversial decision to bring manager Graham Westley back for a second spell at the club. The success continued in the club's first Football League season, with Stevenage earning back-to-back promotions following a successful play-off campaign. Stevenage beat Torquay United 1–0 at Old Trafford in the final to secure promotion. During the same season, Stevenage also reached the Fourth Round of the FA Cup — beating Premier League side Newcastle United at Broadhall Way in the previous round.

The 2011–12 season brought continued success; with Stevenage reaching the League One play-off places despite their limited resources. The club ultimately lost in the two-legged play-off semi-finals, losing 1–0 to Sheffield United. Wallace brought in new manager Gary Smith in January 2012, following Westley's departure to Preston North End, and Smith guided Stevenage to the Fifth Round of the FA Cup. The club took Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur to a replay, before losing 3–1 at White Hart Lane. Wallace revealed that the capital earned from the Tottenham games "will hasten the club's development, but will not change future plans". Wallace announced in June 2011 that the club had secured a 40-acre former sports ground in Bragbury End — with the intention of developing the site into a new training complex (what, not a Cinema?)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for that UTL, really illuminating.

Wow! I didn't realise we were entertaining the Galacticos.

As I've already said, it's all about opinions.

You can swoon at playing Stevenage, I choose not to be overly impressed if that's ok?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
IJN":25n091n7 said:

You can swoon at playing Stevenage, I choose not to be overly impressed if that's ok?

History also seemed to end in 2011!?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1l38vxst said:

I'm getting a little muddled here so help me out if you'd be so kind. What exactly is Argyle's level? I ask because on the one hand a lot of posters seem to suggest that we're kind of a mediocre, fair to middling, run-of-the-mill club who'll never amount to very much, should be grateful to exist, should get moist at the thought of getting in the top 10 of the bottom league and that that 14,000 home seats will be all we'll ever need.
But then on the other hand we should, apparently be handing Stevenage's backsides to them by 5 clear goals because they are "non description".....I would have thought that the thought of scraping a 1-1 draw against Stevenage would make a lot of people ecstatic given their recent superiority to us in virtually every respect.
Personally, I'm a little envious of little old Stevenage.... more Wembley appearances than us, some massive scalps in the cups and a Chairman who pumps money into things like training facilities, maybe we ought to be asking them what their secret is.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Argyle's level is where they are at.

We have to play teams like this.

Me? I don't want to respect Stevenage, Burton, Cheltenham or bleddy Dagenham & Redbridge, I want us to hammer them and get the hell out of this league.

You carry with your adoration of all things if you want, I won't, and I am entitled to that opinion.

Hope that explains, if not, I for one don't care a poo.

Is that clear enough?