Stevenage Predictions | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stevenage Predictions

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Why has my post disappeared from this thread?

My post is not the only one to have disappeared either. In the interests of transparency can someone please clarify why this has happened.

Thank you.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Phil Sloggett":1t59ih1h said:

My post is not the only one to have disappeared either. In the interests of transparency can someone please clarify why this has happened.

Thank you.

Phil. Apparently the thread was 'hijacked', but only once discussion moved to Stevenage's recent success and how Argyle might show a bit of humility in the light of it

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Phil, we've been moved to the Terraces.

This is because this is a thread about what people think the score will be not what people think of other people's thoughts.

Make sense.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
up_the_line":1xn75k9m said:
Phil Sloggett":1xn75k9m said:

Thank you.

Phil. Apparently the thread was 'hijacked', but only once discussion moved to Stevenage's recent success and how Argyle might show a bit of humility in the light of it

I assumed some of the posts made certain people uncomfortable, I wonder where they have been moved to?

If I predict a 27-0 win to Argyle can my post remain then?

I find this approach very uncomfortable, it is no wonder that increasing number of posters find other websites where they can discuss Argyle.

I wonder how long this post will remain on here before being 'tidied'?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":w6kdl8f0 said:
Phil, we've been moved to the Terraces.

This is because this is a thread about what people think the score will be not what people think of other people's thoughts.

Make sense.

So saying a club is 'non descript' is NOT hijacking, but pointing out that club's comparative success IS hijacking. Riiiiigght, I get it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Phil Sloggett":5xgchntc said:
up_the_line":5xgchntc said:
Phil Sloggett":5xgchntc said:

Thank you.

I assumed some of the posts made certain people uncomfortable, I wonder where they have been moved to?

If I predict a 27-0 win to Argyle can my post remain then?

I find this approach very uncomfortable, it is no wonder that increasing number of posters find other websites where they can discuss Argyle.

I wonder how long this post will remain on here before being 'tidied'?

Certainly didn't make me feel uncomfortable.

I am entitled to my opinion as well as anyone else. You and UTL have put your thoughts across, and I have mine.

Jesus, some people need to get a sense of perspective.

I think Stevenage are tinpot, others don't, is it REALLY that important?

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
It was the sudden disappearance of various posts which questioned your view which I found uncomfortable, not our difference in opinions.

As you say, this is a place for discussion and people won't always agree.

I am glad someone (whoever that person may be) saw fit to move the posts back on to this original thread. Long May healthy debate exist on PASOTI.

Of course, after all this, perhaps we will go and do a Chesterfield on them tomorrow night now. I think we would all love to see that! I would happily take another three points however it comes though, as I know you would too.

COYG!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Phil, I'm no longer a Mod on this site, but take it from me, posts are moved for a myriad of reasons.

I would have thought, that the long suffering 'lurkers' on Pasoti are sick and fed up with looking at normal threads, which take a complete tangent because of posters falling out.

The Mods can't win.

As for debate on Pasoti, it's never been stifled, it's always been said to be stifled. There's a vast difference.

The strange thing I find is, in the main, the people that claim it's been stifled are the people that get the hump with their views not being agreed with.

This is merely a bit of fun, it's football and in any normal environment the person objecting to what I'm saying, would see the twinkle in my eye. You, Graham Clark and UTL all choose not to.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Fergy":yhnru670 said:
We never seem to follow up brilliant performances though, think York away after the 1-0 Exeter game and more recently Bristol Rovers after the thumping of Morecambe.

Yes, that's what worries me - it happened to many times last season where we played well in one match and were dire the next. This time, however, we're coming off the back of 2 excellent performances, so I say another 3-0 win.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It did go through my mind as well, but if we're going to be serious about this season we need to hit the consistency of previous seasons where we've done well (once again avoiding that word).

The smile on my face today is already broad, if we do them tomorrow night, it'll be still there when I arrive at Bury at weekend, happen.