Surely management must realise this is acutely embarrassing, | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Surely management must realise this is acutely embarrassing,

Jul 3, 2013
Bristol Rich":1icukwco said:
Thomas Edwards":1icukwco said:
Very little about football if I disagree with you? Wind your neck in. I think you need a football history lesson.

If you had a crap month at work would you call it a crisis? Would you expect the sack after all the fine work you'd been previously putting in?

SEPTEMBER for crying out loud. One good month and these threads could be put to bed (until the next time)

I'm sorry but in the last 3rd of last season these concerns were being raised by some. The cracks were already appearing and the history of the last few months will tell you that.

Quite right Thomas, a crisis it is not.

I say we get our best 11 back on the pitch (which have been very competitive) and if things then don't improve after half dozen games then a rethink might be in order. We would have beaten Blackpool if we kept 11 on the pitch and could have got more at Bury if we had our best 11 available which would have had us well outside relegation. The manager has now got to earn his crust and show us what he is made of, personally I don't see us going down regardless of who is in charge for the remainder of the season. 4 points adrift with over 30 gams left is easy to turn around and certainly not a crisis.

May 1, 2011
Stiffler":2xdubvvu said:
Bristol Rich":2xdubvvu said:
Thomas Edwards":2xdubvvu said:
Very little about football if I disagree with you? Wind your neck in. I think you need a football history lesson.

If you had a crap month at work would you call it a crisis? Would you expect the sack after all the fine work you'd been previously putting in?

SEPTEMBER for crying out loud. One good month and these threads could be put to bed (until the next time)

I'm sorry but in the last 3rd of last season these concerns were being raised by some. The cracks were already appearing and the history of the last few months will tell you that.

I say we get our best 11 back on the pitch (which have been very competitive) and if things then don't improve after half dozen games then a rethink might be in order. We would have beaten Blackpool if we kept 11 on the pitch and could have got more at Bury if we had our best 11 available which would have had us well outside relegation. The manager has now got to earn his crust and show us what he is made of, personally I don't see us going down regardless of who is in charge for the remainder of the season. 4 points adrift with over 30 gams left is easy to turn around and certainly not a crisis.

You make some interesting points but every team that goes down goes down saying If we..........

Jul 3, 2013
Bristol Rich":2vh8axeq said:
Stiffler":2vh8axeq said:
Bristol Rich":2vh8axeq said:
Thomas Edwards":2vh8axeq said:

You make some interesting points but every tem that goes down goes down saying If we..........

Indeed and we were saying this ourselves not too long ago whilst sliding down the leagues. However, despite that real awful performance against Doncaster, we haven't been smashed off the park by anyone 11v11. I certainly feel more upbeat than last time we were sitting bottom and we got out of that one somehow.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Bristol Rich":2gtl9xjf said:
Stiffler":2gtl9xjf said:
Bristol Rich":2gtl9xjf said:
Thomas Edwards":2gtl9xjf said:

You make some interesting points but every tem that goes down goes down saying If we..........

I say we wait until we've got all our players fit and back from suspension, until Derek has had January to address the striker situation, (the summer wasn't long enough), until we've had another 20 games after that and at least until Jupiter aligns with Mars, if he can't turn it round after that then maybe, just maybe he should go

Jul 3, 2013
up_the_line":3c5sklmo said:
Bristol Rich":3c5sklmo said:
Stiffler":3c5sklmo said:
Bristol Rich":3c5sklmo said:
Thomas Edwards":3c5sklmo said:

I say we wait until we've got all our players fit and back from suspension, until Derek has had January to address the striker situation, (the summer wasn't long enough), until we've had another 20 games after that and at least until Jupiter aligns with Mars, if he can't turn it round after that then maybe, just maybe he should go

Unlike you to pop up with some positive vibes. :whistle:

C

Charles Plym

If we keep Adams until January to see if he can turn it around wee might as well keep him because we will be relegated and he will probably be the best we can get in league two . We either change now or forget it .

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Our weakness in front of goal is a crisis right now, today. The back 4 did well tonight and that’s a start but we need any money set aside for January to be released now for a the best free agent striker that is available to us.

Until that happens any confidence or winning mentality is as void for the players as it is for the supporters.

And Adams needs to stop this bollocks of knocking the team back Dayna other teams are much better and that’s why they’re beating us. It’s depressingly poor management.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
As bad as it has been I don't get the impression that there is a crisis in terms of morale. I think it's a bit more nuanced than some believe. My concern is that Adams has recognised the team's shortcomings but has not the options to change the style of play. Swapping Ciftci out for Blissett isn't a change. I think we could do with a proven forward in the mould of Lavery with a bit of movement off the ball. We must be so predictable to the opposition. Perhaps away to Wigan you could argue for a 4-5-1 formation but when we come to games that we have more chance of winning we need to carry some threat going forward.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I think one of the major problems in the back four has been that Edwards and Bradley just don't work as a pair, hopefully the next couple of games will see us looking much more solid with Songo alongside Edwards. Once Sonny is available whether you can fit him or Edwards in to a different position I don't know?

For all his shortcomings Blissett is the only one remotely suited to playing the lone striker role at the moment, we struggled last season when Spencer was out injured and before we signed Taylor, and whilst neither of those are the answer to a maidens prayer, they are infinitely better than what we are left with.

In the short term Derek has to try and find a free agent to fulfill that role in order to to try and bring the likes of Carey Sarcevic and Jervis onto the ball in the final third of the pitch, either that or completely change we way we set up and I can't see that happening anytime soon.

D

Darren Stoneman

The worry for me is that I don’t see any fight in the team, we look cheesed off, we are always blaming bad luck or injuries. I don’t really care if DA stays or goes but defending from minute one will not win points, I am sure that there is a saying that chances win matches, last night Wigan had over 25 chances to score we had 5, that is not an unfamiliar stat but speaks volumes

Apr 15, 2008
London
Don't forget that the bottom 4 teams go down. In a week or so we'll be a quarter of the way through the season. Getting out of those relegation places is going to be a big ask. Relying on a panic buy (on the cheap) and a couple of loans in January isn't going to cut it.

Going back to the OP, I don't want or need to hear from JB or any board member. They're not stupid, they appreciate our predicament, and making comments, supportive or otherwise, over the manager's head achieves absolutely nothing except to heighten tensions.