Surely management must realise this is acutely embarrassing, | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Surely management must realise this is acutely embarrassing,

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
crownhillpilgrim":sg7ylfwh said:
Don't forget that the bottom 4 teams go down. In a week or so we'll be a quarter of the way through the season. Getting out of those relegation places is going to be a big ask. Relying on a panic buy (on the cheap) and a couple of loans in January isn't going to cut it.

In three of the last five seasons in League One 50 points has been enough for the team in 20th place to avoid relegation, the other two seasons were 51 and 52 points.

We still have 36 games to play and need to gain an average of 1.25 points per game to reach 50 points to avoid relegation.
Over a full season 1.25 points per game would mean a lower midtable finish (15th to 17th) so it's not impossible for us to reach 50 points.
At the moment we are averaging 0.5 points per game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Darren Stoneman":1kfvm33c said:
The worry for me is that I don’t see any fight in the team, we look cheesed off, we are always blaming bad luck or injuries. I don’t really care if DA stays or goes but defending from minute one will not win points, I am sure that there is a saying that chances win matches, last night Wigan had over 25 chances to score we had 5, that is not an unfamiliar stat but speaks volumes

We played with heart last night!

Apr 5, 2008
:think: Can you see us averaging 1.25 points for the rest of the season.

Adams had basically said in the Herald that the team is not good enough for this level.

If that's the case then he obviously thinks he can't get any more out of the players,so may as well get rid of him now,and get someone in that maybe could get more out of them.

What else can you do. :?

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Get SEB back in, unattached, would he come back though? Got to be worth a shot.

Mar 8, 2016
leeroy221":1euemv7a said:
Get SEB back in, unattached, would he come back though? Got to be worth a shot.

It's got to be worth try hasn't it. Or do we carry on with Miss-hit and can't shift-key until January which by then I feel we will could be cut away at the bottom and preparing for next season back in league two.

Oct 21, 2016
Thomas Edwards":383bnd8r said:
Very little about football if I disagree with you? Wind your neck in. I think you need a football history lesson.

If you had a crap month at work would you call it a crisis? Would you expect the sack after all the fine work you'd been previously putting in?

SEPTEMBER for crying out loud. One good month and these threads could be put to bed (until the next time)

One of only a few sensible comments on here. Keep the faith and supporting the team - fans are everything in football!

Apr 9, 2011
OK so its not a crises yet really! We are now bottom 2 points adrift, ok no problem ummm lets carry on the same, end of Oct still cant buy a goal oh dear we are now six points adrift at the bottom , never mind lets see where we are end of Nov on & on , we will soon be at the point where we are going to have to go on one hell of a run to get out of the bottom four. with this team really! but don't worry its only September oh no its nearly October

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I think one of the biggest problems is DA can't see the problem.
Constantly going on about bad luck, should have scored and won games, overachieing etc..
He just won't admit or accept there is an issue.
We all can see it but he is just stubborn and in denial
You have got to recognise the issue before you can address it.
I'm DA and I'm an alcoholic

Mar 29, 2017
SurreyGreen":1hki68dm said:
Brent won't fire him I'm sure of it. The decision to take Blissett off with 20 to go and put Carey up top is madness.

I've seen a lot of people say that, but I disagree. If we'd have lasted out for a point it would have been a great tactical defensive switch. We'd have all been happy to take a point before the match, even more so the way the game panned out. As it was, we gave away a cheap penalty which was our only undoing, Blissett on the pitch wouldn't have done anything about that and was unlikely to score anyway.

Oct 24, 2010
We are going through a bad spell but there is no need to panic just yet. Adams has done the club proud so far and hopefully he is up to the challenge of getting us out of this situation. We always were a mid table team at best and, based on the games I've seen, that's where our performances to date should have us, notwithstanding the red cards. We shouldn't underplay the effect of the red cards. We were much the better team against MK Dons until Carey's sending off and if he had statyed on the pitch we would most likely have won the game; and after having equalized we were battering Blackpool until Edward's dismissal. I didn't see the Scunthorpe game but by all accounts we could well have got something out of it but for Sarcevic's moment of madness. There have been positives and we have demonstrated we are capable of holding our own in this league.

Sep 28, 2003
London
The red cards aren't something separate from our performances in those games, foisted upon us from on high. They're part of them and our fault for terrible lack of discipline!

Apr 9, 2011
samjones":31tu06s8 said:
Constantly going on about bad luck, should have scored and won games, overachieing etc..
A gree entirely , just looked on official site & some of his comments about last nights match beggars believe talk about in denial reminds me of Fletcher

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
phil-thefluter24":277xwgmg said:
samjones":277xwgmg said:
A gree entirely , just looked on official site & some of his comments about last nights match beggars believe talk about in denial reminds me of Fletcher

What in particular Phil?

Because I agree with every word on this page - just not the use of the number 11, but he's hardly likely to say any different, otherwise he might be accused of undermining his players....
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/september/into-the-breach/

Jan 13, 2017
I think in reality we're probably somewhere in between a major crisis and all being well. After Saturday, with 3 points we'll potentially be only inside the relegation zone on goal difference and I don't think that is disastrous at this stage of the season. If we lose, we could be 6 points adrift of safety and then things really would be looking grim. The manner of some of the defeats have been the real concern, and the dismal nature of the draw at Bury for example, but it sounds like last night was at least a little bit better so a good performance and result on Saturday should give some cause for optimism again. It is real make or break time I think.
On a separate note, at the Fan's Forum last week Derek Adams was asked if Sokolik could be used as a right back and he definitively said no, so I think it's quite worrying to see him chucked on playing there for more than 45 minutes yesterday - but then, with all their money Man City ended up using Fabian Delph as a full back so we're not the only ones playing people out of position!

Aug 17, 2011
London
Charles.plym":3nagvfhg said:
Lundan Cabbie":3nagvfhg said:
plymade":3nagvfhg said:
Let's forget about a new stand and complex and focus on funding league one standard players, please!

Surely it is the refurbishment of the grandstand that is intended to increase the club's income of the future. You can't stand still in football anymore at any level.
The irony of that comment , we are going backwards , this is worse than sheridans side . Hopeless

The stadium only gets half filled as it is. what's the point in a 20k all seater in the 4th division.