Swansea City (who is going to the match?) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swansea City (who is going to the match?)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
HarlHM":11pvuc6n said:
Cobi Budge.":11pvuc6n said:
tagz":11pvuc6n said:
Cobi Budge.":11pvuc6n said:
Unfortunately think we'll see a very, very easy 7 1 win for Swansea but I'll be there.
You weren'tbsaying that until the youth (and a few 2nd/ 3rd choice players) played last night

Yes I was?

Let's remember our first team couldn't beat Torquay or Weymouth due to appalling finishing, I get the feeling Swansea will punish us for that.

Will be good to see players like Vorm, Michu, Shelvey etc though.
Michu's gone to Napoli.

Vorm's gone to Tottenham.
:funny:

Dec 17, 2013
Bodmin/Birmingham
tom16pafc":3avfcirk said:
The Doctor":3avfcirk said:
I can't stand Gary Monk. In one of the more recent games between Argyle and Swansea at Home Park Argyle got a penalty (it was an evening game I think). As the Argyle player ran up to take the spot kick Monk ran forwards and threw a chunk of mud into the penalty area to try to put the Argyle player off. Incredibly unsporting behaviour. I have a feeling the penalty was missed too.

I think it was a 1-1 draw and the penalty was missed but taken again because the keeper moved off his line. The following penalty was then missed too but we scored the rebound!

This video from the Swansea fans is a good laugh http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgRABI60nag

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
tom16pafc":1j13bft2 said:
The Doctor":1j13bft2 said:
I can't stand Gary Monk. In one of the more recent games between Argyle and Swansea at Home Park Argyle got a penalty (it was an evening game I think). As the Argyle player ran up to take the spot kick Monk ran forwards and threw a chunk of mud into the penalty area to try to put the Argyle player off. Incredibly unsporting behaviour. I have a feeling the penalty was missed too.

I think it was a 1-1 draw and the penalty was missed but taken again because the keeper moved off his line. The following penalty was then missed too but we scored the rebound!

That was one of two home games I missed that season but remember Sparksy's commentary on it. 1-0 down and exactly as you said happened; it effectively took 3 attempts to score!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Ebbsfleet 3-0 Portsmouth.

Goes to show pre season doesn't matter about results at all, I doubt they're overreacting as much as some on here are.

Mar 5, 2012
MannameadGreen":22ejj0hm said:
It's either going to be a gutsy 1-1 draw or they'll win about 5-1.

I'd like to see us start our strongest team, which for me is:

23 McCormick

2 Mellor
5 Nelson
29 Hartley
3 Purrington

22 Smalley
4 Cox
6 Norburn
8 Banton

9 Reid
7 Alessandra

That's my eleven too - good shout.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PAFC Andy":224obkov said:
tom16pafc":224obkov said:
The Doctor":224obkov said:

This video from the Swansea fans is a good laugh http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rgRABI60nag

That's the one although you can't see Monk sling the mud into the area.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Got my tickets and taking the whole family including grandkids . I am hoping that the display is better than the rest of the friendlies , if not I fear a long hard season of struggle ahead.

Jan 11, 2009
5 PM KO, quite a strange time really, Sunday at 5..

Maybe Swansea didn,t fancy a hotel bill so travel down during the day and get back home at a reasonable time. Stop at Taunton Deane services for a Maccy D's on the way.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Quintrell_Green":3qsfeehz said:
I wonder who Argyle have pulled in to be the ref?
From the PAFC Site: http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/swan ... 82751.aspx?

"The match referee is Lee Collins, a Football League referee since 2011 who has officiated Argyle on three other occasions – his first game in charge of the Pilgrims was in the FA Cup first round against Dorchester Town which saw Argyle lose 1-0, with Conor Hourihane receiving two yellow cards in the first half "

Hmmm

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Trev501":2apex1y0 said:
Quintrell_Green":2apex1y0 said:
I wonder who Argyle have pulled in to be the ref?
From the PAFC Site: http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/swan ... 82751.aspx?

"The match referee is Lee Collins, a Football League referee since 2011 who has officiated Argyle on three other occasions – his first game in charge of the Pilgrims was in the FA Cup first round against Dorchester Town which saw Argyle lose 1-0, with Conor Hourihane receiving two yellow cards in the first half "

Hmmm

:banghead:

That "Dorch" game was the worst I've ever seen and this joke of a ref is one of the main reasons why, sending off Hourihane ridiculously early in the game for a second bookable offence, with the second offence being an attempt to take a quick free-kick.

Then, he turned up at a league game last season; I remembered his name! I can't tell you who we played and how we did but I do remember witnessing more poor officiating.

Surely he can't do much wrong refereeing a friendly!? I wouldn't put it past this guy, though... :oops: