Team for Hartlepool? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Hartlepool?

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Why mess around with the team before a very important game.
Play the strongest team and go for a win, and hope Portsmouth don't beat Northampton.
I would prefer playing the first leg away.

Oct 5, 2013
plymouthboyuk":1tsxbiv8 said:
Play the strongest team and go for a win, and hope Portsmouth don't beat Northampton.

"Why mess around with the team" ? - Because the team hasn't been getting the required results!
"Play the strongest team" - But what is our strongest team?! I really don't think DA knows; he keeps starting with one lineup and then has to change it, at which point we start to play well !

For me, I would definitely "rest" (for various reasons) McCormick, Jervis, Carey and McHugh, which ought to mean starts for Dorel, Rooney, Harvey and Purrington, to my way of thinking. This exercise might even be considered part of finding out what our "strongest" team really is!

Oh goodie i like tactics threads.
3412. Obviously mchugh only if 100%. He does need match fitness as he has missed quite a
few now. Strongest team possible. New formation needs gametime.
Mccormack

nelson
forster
hartley

mellor
mchugh /houghton
boeteng
sawyer

carey

matt
wylde
Losing or drawing then 4213 with tanner on for forster and going up into the front 3.

Steve Evans":dm36i3sp said:
i would not play or have on the bench matt,carey or mchugh.we cannot risk injuries in my opinion.
Its a difficult one for sure.
Early in the season he picked his strongest team for a cup game when everybody wanted
him to rest players. This is a much more important game though so maybe he might rest some
or sub important ones early. They do need to be match fit and not just injury free otherwise
we may be at a disadvantage if we start slowly in the play offs.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Would play as few as possible of his intended starting XI against Pompey to avoid injuries and fatigue.

Give them all a rest, the game is meaningless.

If Carey, Nelson, Boateng, Matt or McHugh were injured we would be even worse than we are now so not worth the risk

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Momentum is everything. Strongest team available although I doubt if Adams knows who that is.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Fat_green_belly":tbfkbbpn said:
Steve Evans":tbfkbbpn said:
i would not play or have on the bench matt,carey or mchugh.we cannot risk injuries in my opinion.
Early in the season he picked his strongest team for a cup game when everybody wanted
him to rest players. This is a much more important game though so maybe he might rest some
or sub important ones early. They do need to be match fit and not just injury free otherwise

Or finish slowly which has become the tendency in the last ten minutes during the closing weeks of the season.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
plymouthboyuk":gctjuzba said:

Agree. Play your strongest team. We need momentum going into play-offs. Need a good win on Sat. This is not a time to mess around with the team. The team with momentum normally wins play-offs. It could be argued that we have been so inconsistent that it would probably make little difference but I wouldn't tinker too much.

I'd play the 2nd keeper Dorel. With the full intention of bringing Luke back for the play-offs. I think even a 1 match break and watching the defence from the stands could do him the world of good. I don't expect many to agree with me. I'd also try Nelson at right back if we are playing 4 at the back with Forster and Hartley as the centre backs. Don't risk McHugh.

cheshiregreen":39jrhkdi said:
Fat_green_belly":39jrhkdi said:
Steve Evans":39jrhkdi said:

Or finish slowly which has become the tendency in the last ten minutes during the closing weeks of the season.
True. Cant rope a dope if your knackered at the end.
Back to the drawing board. :)

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
DA has already indicated some players will be rested, and those with borderline fitness/ injuries will not play Saturday, so they are rarin' to go on Thursday.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Play McCormick v Hartlepool, then drop him for the 3 remaining marches. Pompey scouts won't know anything about Dorel.

A

AR09YLE

John Cooper":242wf8kj said:
Play McCormick v Hartlepool, then drop him for the 3 remaining marches. Pompey scouts won't know anything about Dorel.

Neither do we?