Team for Hartlepool? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Hartlepool?

Dec 3, 2005
I can understand the thinking about resting players and protecting players from injury for the forthcoming crucial games against Pompey. But there is also the argument that the Hartlepool game is an opportunity to 'experiment' to hopefully find that elusive formation that works, especially for the home game. The away tactics appear to work well, but the home one - well it's not.

Yes a difficult decision, but the most important thing IMHO, is to ensure our home tactics are right for the Pompey game.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Herald reports that there's a bit of "illness" in the squad and we could be missing five or six players at the weekend. But DA hopeful of a full squad at the weekend.

Sounds like a "I don't want key players getting injured" to me.

Team:

Dorel
Mellor, Hartley, Forster, Sawyer
Purrington, Houghton
Tanner, Harvey, Wylde
Jervis

Subs: Luke, Bentley, Nelson, Boateng, Carey, Matt, Rooney

Just a guess?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
McCormick

Mellor
Nelson
Forster
Purrington

Houghton
Boateng

Rooney
Carey
Wylde

Matt

Apr 6, 2009
i posted this 2 weeks ago and stick by what i said
apart from obviously potentially gaining home advantage in second game (of which i am doubtful is actually an advantage) why play a team that could potentially get injured.
Morale is important so we don't want a big loss but its vital we have our best players for the play offs and with 3 days inbetween the two there won't be much recovery time.
We need to play a weakened side, give the players like Rooney a chance to shine, and potentially earn a substitution at least in the play offs

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am really looking forward to this game.
Not expecting a win but it seems that some of the 'fringe' players will get an opportunity.
Why not? I really don't know which 'play-off' order (home or away) will suit us best.
I want to see at least a couple, if not more, of our young lads in the squad.
If we are not playing our strongest team tomorrow, perhaps it will give DA the chance to see how the likes of Rooney, Hall and Bentley perform in front of a larger crowd than they have been accustomed to.
It would also seem a good opportunity to use Dorel in goal.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
davie nine":w5t7c1ii said:
Not expecting a win but it seems that some of the 'fringe' players will get an opportunity.
Why not? I really don't know which 'play-off' order (home or away) will suit us best.
If we are not playing our strongest team tomorrow, perhaps it will give DA the chance to see how the likes of Rooney, Hall and Bentley perform in front of a larger crowd than they have been accustomed to.

You are on a wind up...you gotta be....looking forward to this game, absolutely beggars belief,. Its a nothing game. Who cares whether we win or lose.....So Portmouth home or away. Does it really matter....Not at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the Pools fans in their fancy dress which has become a must see.....As for which Argyle team starts,?????????????????

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
oddball":18o4au56 said:
davie nine":18o4au56 said:

You are on a wind up...you gotta be....looking forward to this game, absolutely beggars belief,. Its a nothing game. Who cares whether we win or lose.....So Portmouth home or away. Does it really matter....Not at all. I'm looking forward to seeing the Pools fans in their fancy dress which has become a must see.....As for which Argyle team starts,?????????????????

Surely any Argyle fan would look forward to watching their team play and care whether they win or not. Odd.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Fat_green_belly":1vm79tv3 said:
He is missing 6 so thats reid, simpson, mchugh, mccormack + 2 others(sawyer? and jervis?).
Dorel

nelson
forster
hartley

mellor
houghton
boeteng
purrington

carey

matt
tanner

subs c.harvey, j.bentley, j.roberts, j. calver, t. harvey, g.wylde, l.rooney.

Why on earth would he drop McCormick?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Purely to avoid injury and for Dorel to have at least have had some game time should he be required in the play offs?

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
AR09YLE":1kye8uqn said:
John Cooper":1kye8uqn said:
Play McCormick v Hartlepool, then drop him for the 3 remaining marches. Pompey scouts won't know anything about Dorel.

Neither do we?

True, but we know McCormick is shell shocked and recent games has cost us. Dorel may be a liability as well, which one is worse won't be known until he plays. McCormick reputation is based on pre Christmas since which he's been dire.