Thank you for looking after us loyal fans. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thank you for looking after us loyal fans.

Sep 13, 2003
Patrik":1ywukl4n said:
Clarke_B":1ywukl4n said:
Have you not considered joining the white membership Jay? That's exactly what's its aimed at....the fan who who can't make make many home games but gives you priority in ticket sales.
Even having the £110 upfront for the white membership is too much for most in one chunk. With all tickets sold on the clubs data base is it not to much to ask the club to give people who have attended the most home games a priority after the members. I've only missed one home league game this season and the Millwall cup game and i am unsure if i will be able to secure a ticket. Last season the club gave a priority to anyone who attended the Tranmere game but due to the short notice of the game this year the club will probably just give it to unrestricted amount of tickets to members meaning the one game jump ons will get theres off a mate and the people like Jay and myself who have hardly missed any games will be left ticketless.

You have to speculate to accumulate though. A bit of pain in April if you get it in the early bird window but you will feel the benefit later in the year. We all know the memberships schemes before the start of the season so it's a bit late now to start asking the club to introduce a loyalty system (which would include new software + staff training etc) If you have been to every home game why not get a season ticket and spread the payments over the year?

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Steve Evans":10edyqa8 said:
businesses have to make profit.they are being opportunistic which is how i would do it.
This is such a knee jerk but sadly predictable business plan, it's obvious the club are taking advantage on non ticketed income by exploiting existing customers, it's short term BS and will do nothing to help or grow long term income from this source.

Sep 13, 2003
I think you are confusing yourself Patrik. You can pay for your season ticket using a monthly direct debit. Look it up.

Also if a loyalty system was to come in, it would have to be introduced at the start of the season...not a few days before the sale of playoff tickets. The understaffed ticket office don't have the resources or time to see if Dave has been more games than Pete meaning he is entitled to a ticket. A fully functional loyalty system (whether it be Fulham's point system or England's cap one) has to be done properly...not like you are suggesting Patrik.

We don't have a loyalty system so if you are not a member then you can't really complain about anything really.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Don't forget Argyle have to share the income generated from the game. 50% from all four games goes to the Football League and the other 50% is shared between the four clubs. If other clubs increase their corporate prices we would also benefit.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
PL2 3DQ":3jezz0r7 said:
Don't forget Argyle have to share the income generated from the game. 50% from all four games goes to the Football League and the other 50% is shared between the four clubs. If other clubs increase their corporate prices we would also benefit.

An interesting point. This suggests that Argyle have annoyed a ST holder (to the point where he says he won't be renewing for next season) even though our club will only see 1/8 of the increase?

How incredibly short sighted. This doesn't seem to make any sort of business sense at all!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Phil Sloggett":2xu2debx said:
PL2 3DQ":2xu2debx said:

An interesting point. This suggests that Argyle have annoyed a ST holder (to the point where he says he won't be renewing for next season) even though our club will only see 1/8 of the increase?

How incredibly short sighted. This doesn't seem to make any sort of business sense at all!
Welcome to Argyle World 2016

Feb 23, 2008
Plymouth
Patrik":c862tk7z said:
Clarke_B":c862tk7z said:
Have you not considered joining the white membership Jay? That's exactly what's its aimed at....the fan who who can't make make many home games but gives you priority in ticket sales.
Even having the £110 upfront for the white membership is too much for most in one chunk. With all tickets sold on the clubs data base is it not to much to ask the club to give people who have attended the most home games a priority after the members. I've only missed one home league game this season and the Millwall cup game and i am unsure if i will be able to secure a ticket. Last season the club gave a priority to anyone who attended the Tranmere game but due to the short notice of the game this year the club will probably just give it to unrestricted amount of tickets to members meaning the one game jump ons will get theres off a mate and the people like Jay and myself who have hardly missed any games will be left ticketless.

You've pretty much nailed it there. I did know about the white membership but always thought it was a start of the season thing and that you couldn't purchase it during the season, I found out this was not the case a few weeks back. I remember the club had a pilgrim membership a few years back which gave the member priority but no tickets, why did they get rid of it?

Just annoys me how people who hardly go to games will get hold of someone else's season ticket and go to the away game when fans who have actually travelled to ****holes such as Stevanage, Newport and Luton during the season won't get a shoe in, I'm praying it will make general sale on Sunday but I can't see it. Will definately look at least a white membership of not a full ST for next year thanks Clarke.

Maybe it's a case for the AFT to push re: a genuine ticket loyalty scheme rather than if you go the last two games of the season you get priority over others who have been there all year?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
LG":2hi0hk80 said:
Phil Sloggett":2hi0hk80 said:
PL2 3DQ":2hi0hk80 said:

Bet the premium rate phone line they set up their ticket sales contact on is rubbing their hands

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
up_the_line":vodma6rq said:
LG":vodma6rq said:
Phil Sloggett":vodma6rq said:
PL2 3DQ":vodma6rq said:

Bet the premium rate phone line they set up their ticket sales contact on is rubbing their hands
I think I'm right in saying that Ticketmaster also look after the ticketing for the Wembley Playoff finals too.
What joy!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jay_smithy":1h23oovt said:
Patrik":1h23oovt said:
Clarke_B":1h23oovt said:

You've pretty much nailed it there. I did know about the white membership but always thought it was a start of the season thing and that you couldn't purchase it during the season, I found out this was not the case a few weeks back. I remember the club had a pilgrim membership a few years back which gave the member priority but no tickets, why did they get rid of it?

Just annoys me how people who hardly go to games will get hold of someone else's season ticket and go to the away game when fans who have actually travelled to ****holes such as Stevanage, Newport and Luton during the season won't get a shoe in, I'm praying it will make general sale on Sunday but I can't see it. Will definitely look at least a white membership of not a full ST for next year thanks Clarke.

Maybe it's a case for the AFT to push re: a genuine ticket loyalty scheme rather than if you go the last two games of the season you get priority over others who have been there all year?

Aren't you complaining before you've been hurt? If there are fans who seldom go to away games are they more or less likely to go to Portsmouth when the game is going to be televised anyway?
Why schlep all the way to Portsmouth for your one and only away day when you can rock up to your local and have a few beers and still be home at a reasonable time.

How is worthiness of a ticket allocation judged anyway? I've got one suggestion.

Patrik":2vpywa9h said:
Again i know plenty of clubs from the premier league right down to the Ryman league that offer their own in house direct debit schemes other than outsource them to a loan shark.

I'm not sure if that's really been possible until relatively recently. I think the law changed sometime last year (not sure when, exactly), but before that change in the law a company couldn't offer an in-house credit agreement involving more than 4 periodic payments to a consumer unless the company lending the money was regulated by the FCA. As a football club, Argyle are almost certainly not FCA regulated (and probably wouldn't want to be - it would likely cost a lot) - hence the use of a 3rd party credit provider for this sort of scheme.

Even some car and home insurance providers use 3rd party credit providers to collect premiums if customers choose to pay monthly, rather than up front. It's pretty common practise.

As I said, I think the law has changed recently, so maybe they will be able to offer such a scheme next year. However, if they do, it's a risk... If you're not going to carry out a credit check on your (potential) customer, you run the risk of not getting paid.

Or, if they did credit check people, the people who got rejected last year / this year will still get rejected if they fail the credit check.

My final thought on this - as a 4th tier club with fairly substantial debts, do you really think Argyle have the cash to effectively be making interest-free loans to people?

The club shouldn't be immune to criticism, but I think its a bit unfair to criticise them for not giving people an interest free loan (without doing a credit check) while they still owe hundreds of thousands of pounds to their creditors.

Apr 6, 2009
oddball":21eppxi8 said:
I am a season ticket holder in the business lounge where the average fan pays nearly £1000 a season.For anyone wanting to attend for just one match it costs £48 including VAT.....For the Portsmouth game Argyle have increased the match day price to £72 including VAT a whopping 50% increase,which season ticket holders have to pay as the playoffs are not included. Thank you Mr Brent for looking after us loyal fans.... Portsmouth incidentally have not increased their corporate prices at all.I will not now be renewing my season ticket in the business lounge next season.

This is awful. Why say they are keeping prices the same when they aren't. Hospitality or not it's still a match ticket therefore should be the same. The thanks are going to be really pricy should we get there so would be nice to help everyone prepare!

Sep 3, 2009
It's laughable that people can defend the club on this. The corporate package price increase for ST holders is outrageous profiteering and the stub system, mentioned after the fact, is amateurish at best.

I say this as someone who goes mainly to away games and is - understandably - at the back of the queue for play-off tickets.

Any sound business (or community-minded football club, for that matter) would not be annoying it's most loyal customer/fan base in this way.

Rubbish, Argyle.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
katkin":n387a26p said:
oddball":n387a26p said:
I am a season ticket holder in the business lounge where the average fan pays nearly £1000 a season.For anyone wanting to attend for just one match it costs £48 including VAT.....For the Portsmouth game Argyle have increased the match day price to £72 including VAT a whopping 50% increase,which season ticket holders have to pay as the playoffs are not included. Thank you Mr Brent for looking after us loyal fans.... Portsmouth incidentally have not increased their corporate prices at all.I will not now be renewing my season ticket in the business lounge next season.

This is awful. Why say they are keeping prices the same when they aren't. Hospitality or not it's still a match ticket therefore should be the same. The thanks are going to be really pricy should we get there so would be nice to help everyone prepare!

Yes, I think that 'oddball' is perfectly entitled to complain about that.
Normally, I find that his posts are rather cynical, for example, I seem to recall that the only reason he will attend the Hartlepool game will be to see the 'stormtroopers'.
I also recall complaints about directors (except Tony Wrathall) not 'meeting and greeting' ST holders in the business lounge.
I am sure I could find many other examples but this particular grouse seems justified.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
oddball":3hsqnfr4 said:

Al come on we are just fans, this lot take the supporters for granted if they can make a quick buck they will snap your hands off.