Thank you for looking after us loyal fans. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thank you for looking after us loyal fans.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If I was in your (area51) and oddball's position, I would send an e-mail to [email='martyn.starnes@pafc.co.uk]'martyn.starnes@pafc.co.uk[/email]'

May 3, 2016
Put it another way - what will I get extra for my £72? more spuds perhaps a choice of starter for a change - the game will be the same play offs or not 11 v 11 winner take all.

This is all about principal of looking after loyal fans, as Pompey are doing.

If we ever reached the promised land (not in my life time) what would be the cost then, probably too much for the average janner.

May 3, 2016
Put it another way - what will I get extra for my £72? more spuds perhaps a choice of starter for a change - the game will be the same play offs or not 11 v 11 winner take all.

This is all about principal of looking after loyal fans, as Pompey are doing.

If we ever reached the promised land (not in my life time) what would be the cost then, probably too much for the average janner.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Ade the green":1rwyihzy said:
Lundan Cabbie":1rwyihzy said:
With Argyle only pocketing 12.5% of the gate income for their semi-final instead of the normal 100%, maybe they just can't offer the same deal they normally do in this area.

Look at it positively. What wonderful discounts the club have offered supporters in the Business Lounge all season.

I guess there's two sides. Obviously there must have been discounts as with every ST which works out to 5-6 games that are free (except the beer perhaps) so the discount would again obviously not be there for additional games.

Just out of interest, what price do they set for cup games when one assumes this to be an extra game also so sets a precedent.

I really think this is a niche argument though and whilst there's some sympathy, there's probably not as much as if it were happening to the common folk.

A season ticket in the business lounge gives you three "free" matches as opposed to the five/six you get with a normal season ticket.Cup games are normally the same price although the meal becomes two course not three.Yes its a niche market,but a market none the less,and something that needs a general airing so that everyone can be aware of what is going on at Argyle,as at the time of posting there is nothing on the official site.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
area51":th9b22ir said:

When Argyle get there, maybe it will be similar to Palace's Directors' Box packages for next year (plus a bit of inflation).

Malcolm Allison Lounge £2,200 (£2,000 without buffet)
Speroni's Restaurant £4,100 (Match day up to £250 + VAT)
2010 Club and Coppell Club, both £5,100 (Match day up to £300 + VAT)

Or you could go for a Private Executive Box for up to 10 people for £3,000 + VAT for a single game.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":2sliy0ot said:
Don't forget Argyle have to share the income generated from the game. 50% from all four games goes to the Football League and the other 50% is shared between the four clubs. If other clubs increase their corporate prices we would also benefit.

Guess the playoff income counts as "unbudgeted income". This was used to pay off the administration debt. However since the appointment of Simon H, the Herald has reported his investment has cleared that debt burden.

If that's true, then great so any unanticipated money can be turned into a little treasure chest for on or off pitch priorities in the summer.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":pg6my3ew said:
Lundan Cabbie":pg6my3ew said:
With Argyle only pocketing 12.5% of the gate income for their semi-final instead of the normal 100%, maybe they just can't offer the same deal they normally do in this area.

Look at it positively. What wonderful discounts the club have offered supporters in the Business Lounge all season.

I guess there's two sides. Obviously there must have been discounts as with every ST which works out to 5-6 games that are free (except the beer perhaps) so the discount would again obviously not be there for additional games.

Just out of interest, what price do they set for cup games when one assumes this to be an extra game also so sets a precedent.

I really think this is a niche argument though and whilst there's some sympathy, there's probably not as much as if it were happening to the common folk.
Define common. :)

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":52cft0km said:
Ade the green":52cft0km said:
Lundan Cabbie":52cft0km said:

Define common. :)

Me!

May 3, 2016
Not after sympathy - just a fair deal for loyal fans Argyle have no idea of longevity/supporters - just a quick killing.

Lets hope we get through or the business lounge will be half full next season like it was this season for the first six games!!!!

Mar 31, 2004
Plymouth
Common folk who have paid for a family zone ticket (1 adult + 1 u18) have to choose a different area as the zone is not open for the play off semi.
When the zone is open any additional u18 tickets are charged at £5 each, for this game I've been informed the additional u18 will be charged at £7 each. I wonder how many extra £2 they'll be collecting!

Dec 3, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":1zkrut5m said:
area51":1zkrut5m said:

When Argyle get there, maybe it will be similar to Palace's Directors' Box packages for next year (plus a bit of inflation).

Or you could go for a Private Executive Box for up to 10 people for £3,000 + VAT for a single game.

So definately NOT for your average Janner then.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":37zzirfb said:
Lundan Cabbie":37zzirfb said:
area51":37zzirfb said:

So definitely NOT for your average Janner then.

Not even your average anyone.

P

Positively Green

oddball":br5lwtgf said:
I am a season ticket holder in the business lounge where the average fan pays nearly £1000 a season.For anyone wanting to attend for just one match it costs £48 including VAT.....For the Portsmouth game Argyle have increased the match day price to £72 including VAT a whopping 50% increase,which season ticket holders have to pay as the playoffs are not included. Thank you Mr Brent for looking after us loyal fans.... Portsmouth incidentally have not increased their corporate prices at all.I will not now be renewing my season ticket in the business lounge next season.

I understand how you feel, but I have to say I think £1000 for your season ticket in the business lounge is good value for the experience you get (if you can afford it which I can't). I have only managed to get there a couple of times and it was a really fantastic experience, food good, waited on hand and foot, good view of the game in the warm and dry. A real treat. I would be tempted to just not pay the £72 for the play offs if it's a bit steep and stick with your membership next year.
:scarf: