Thank you for looking after us loyal fans. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thank you for looking after us loyal fans.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Ade the green":2czgb7zq said:
Topboy":2czgb7zq said:
Phil Sloggett":2czgb7zq said:
PL2 3DQ":2czgb7zq said:
Don't forget Argyle have to share the income generated from the game. 50% from all four games goes to the Football League and the other 50% is shared between the four clubs. If other clubs increase their corporate prices we would also benefit.
An interesting point. This suggests that Argyle have annoyed a ST holder (to the point where he says he won't be renewing for next season) even though our club will only see 1/8 of the increase?

How incredibly short sighted. This doesn't seem to make any sort of business sense at all!
My thoughts precisely Phil.

Argyle missed a big PR opportunity here (assuming that there are no hidden FA regulations) and could have halved the price for ST holders and corporate members. Maybe even free for the 2016/17 ST holders (inc new purchases) - thanks for your continued support!

Getting just 1/8th of the total ticket sales, it really matters not a flying one if Argyles' revenue is £20 a ticket or a tenner (or much less for the corporate) and the goodwill generated would have been huge.

Just saying. :whistle:
You're not seriously saying Argyle should have given away free tickets to ST holders for what could be a money spinner at the end of the season.

It's one game FFS, buying a season ticket gives you a discount equal to 5-6 games so that's your benefit in getting one.

Maybe if we get to the final everyone that wants one should be given a free ticket/ coach travel and a pasty to mark the occasion.

I see the smiley so assume you're not serious.
Actually I was being serious Ade.

Not free tickets but half price to ST holders as a thank you for their support.

We're getting 1/8th of the total gate receipts so the price is incidental to Argyle but would go a long way towards supporter goodwill. It would have been a great money spinner if it was just us as Pompey sharing two sell out takings but the Wombles and possibly Accrington will be rubbing their hands together at getting a slice of the South Coast pie.

And for the record I am not a ST holder. I was for over 20 years but work away quite a bit nowadays so no longer have one.

In fairness, it probably doesn't matter what the prices are as most will trudge to HP regardless.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Topboy":mzuwx9ct said:
Ade the green":mzuwx9ct said:
Topboy":mzuwx9ct said:
Phil Sloggett":mzuwx9ct said:
PL2 3DQ":mzuwx9ct said:
Don't forget Argyle have to share the income generated from the game. 50% from all four games goes to the Football League and the other 50% is shared between the four clubs. If other clubs increase their corporate prices we would also benefit.
An interesting point. This suggests that Argyle have annoyed a ST holder (to the point where he says he won't be renewing for next season) even though our club will only see 1/8 of the increase?

How incredibly short sighted. This doesn't seem to make any sort of business sense at all!
My thoughts precisely Phil.

Argyle missed a big PR opportunity here (assuming that there are no hidden FA regulations) and could have halved the price for ST holders and corporate members. Maybe even free for the 2016/17 ST holders (inc new purchases) - thanks for your continued support!

Getting just 1/8th of the total ticket sales, it really matters not a flying one if Argyles' revenue is £20 a ticket or a tenner (or much less for the corporate) and the goodwill generated would have been huge.

Just saying. :whistle:
You're not seriously saying Argyle should have given away free tickets to ST holders for what could be a money spinner at the end of the season.

It's one game FFS, buying a season ticket gives you a discount equal to 5-6 games so that's your benefit in getting one.

Maybe if we get to the final everyone that wants one should be given a free ticket/ coach travel and a pasty to mark the occasion.

I see the smiley so assume you're not serious.
Actually I was being serious Ade.

Not free tickets but half price to ST holders as a thank you for their support.

We're getting 1/8th of the total gate receipts so the price is incidental to Argyle but would go a long way towards supporter goodwill. It would have been a great money spinner if it was just us as Pompey sharing two sell out takings but the Wombles and possibly Accrington will be rubbing their hands together at getting a slice of the South Coast pie.

And for the record I am not a ST holder. I was for over 20 years but work away quite a bit nowadays so no longer have one.

In fairness, it probably doesn't matter what the prices are as most will trudge to HP regardless.

Argyle receiving 1/8th of the income from gate receipts means that they are not in a position to offer loyalty bonuses to st holders. Argyle will still have the costs of match day staff and security as well as the travelling expenses for the away leg, giving away 3/4 (remember that we'll get 1/8 of the away tickets) of their income means that they can't afford to give more income away in discounts.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
cheshiregreen":19es387p said:
PL2 3DQ":19es387p said:

Guess the playoff income counts as "unbudgeted income". This was used to pay off the administration debt. However since the appointment of Simon H, the Herald has reported his investment has cleared that debt burden.

If that's true, then great so any unanticipated money can be turned into a little treasure chest for on or off pitch priorities in the summer.

Herald repeats claim here.

http://m.plymouthherald.co.uk/New-owner ... story.html

May 3, 2016
Credit to Martyn Starnes for his prompt reply to my qustion regarding £72 for a business lounge ticket for the pompey game.

True professional

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
area51":bki1j29t said:
Credit to Martyn Starnes for his prompt reply to my qustion regarding £72 for a business lounge ticket for the pompey game.

True professional

You tease....

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Not surprised about that, 'area51'. I have had similar experiences when emailing Jon Back (Secretary), Rick Cowdery (Media), Dave Boobyer (Stadium) and Tim Herbert (Big Green Lottery) in the last year or so.

I think that criticism of the office staff from Chief Executive down is unwarranted. A polite request has always resulted in a polite and prompt response.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
One thing that confuses me about this thread (complaint) is that you guys in the business lounge will see the people to complain to on Saturday. Why not wait till you're in the say room and ask face to face why the increase and what extra you'll be getting?

Once you know you're being ripped off you can make it public I guess.

May 3, 2016
Yes I will speak to the directors if they are in the buisness lounge - Big man flying in from America so lots of people to meet in the boardroom, so we will probably only see Martyn and Tony (true fans).

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
area51":1589aare said:
Yes I will speak to the directors if they are in the buisness lounge - Big man flying in from America so lots of people to meet in the boardroom, so we will probably only see Martyn and Tony (true fans).

You only need see one of them to get an answer. Hope they give you the honesty you're after and deserve.