The AFT's Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbank. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The AFT's Christmas Collection for the Plymouth Foodbank.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Good God, there ain't half some miserable B####### on here sometimes. Frank when you are stuffing your face on Christmas day, give a thought to the poor souls up and down the country less fortunate will you.

Aug 5, 2005
jimsing":35ucrsdy said:
IJN":35ucrsdy said:
Can you not see? None of the above ‘waffle’ matters!

If ONE person has a full meal because of what the AFT has done, who gives a stuff as to the whys and wherefores.

Think about it!

It may be waffle to you, Ian, but the same could be achieved without the AFT getting involved. The same people could be doing the same thing, but without the AFT banner at its head.

The AFT's priority is to increase membership in order to have a viable and constructive and meaningful discussion with the people running the Club. They can only be credible if their membership represents the bulk of the fanbase, not just a few.

Their task is to find a way of bringing the membership on board, without causing too much hassle for the members. For example, season ticket holders, with the agreement of the Club, could become members of the AFT automatically. A few pounds extra at renewal time would not be out of the way. Others could join as they do now. This would represent a fair proportion of the fanbase, whether they were active or not, and the AFT would then be able to say that their input into the meetings was with the full backing of the fanbase providing that they asked their members before making any decisions.

At present they are a minority representation, who have been diverted from their original task, and who cannot be seriously fully representative of the whole of the fanbase. Their criticism of the Grandstand and HHP plans was at best laughable, at worst destructive, and had no mandate by the majority of the fanbase.

This has to change for the AFT to be a viable entity to continue its work on behalf of the fanbase.

This is probably one of the worst things I have ever read on this site.

You are criticising an organisation for raising money for charity?

Every company / organisation in this country will raise money for charity. From having corporate company-wide fundraising to having a small raffle or coffee morning, EVERYONE RAISES MONEY. You are basically saying they should stop because they should be doing their job instead.

How dare you try to stop some people trying to raise money for a good cause? Why on earth would you want to do this? Do you think the AFT cannot do two things at once or something?

Well done the AFT.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
jimsing":78hzt24e said:
IJN":78hzt24e said:
Can you not see? None of the above ‘waffle’ matters!

If ONE person has a full meal because of what the AFT has done, who gives a stuff as to the whys and wherefores.

Think about it!

It may be waffle to you, Ian, but the same could be achieved without the AFT getting involved. The same people could be doing the same thing, but without the AFT banner at its head.

The AFT's priority is to increase membership in order to have a viable and constructive and meaningful discussion with the people running the Club. They can only be credible if their membership represents the bulk of the fanbase, not just a few.

Their task is to find a way of bringing the membership on board, without causing too much hassle for the members. For example, season ticket holders, with the agreement of the Club, could become members of the AFT automatically. A few pounds extra at renewal time would not be out of the way. Others could join as they do now. This would represent a fair proportion of the fanbase, whether they were active or not, and the AFT would then be able to say that their input into the meetings was with the full backing of the fanbase providing that they asked their members before making any decisions.

At present they are a minority representation, who have been diverted from their original task, and who cannot be seriously fully representative of the whole of the fanbase. Their criticism of the Grandstand and HHP plans was at best laughable, at worst destructive, and had no mandate by the majority of the fanbase.

This has to change for the AFT to be a viable entity to continue its work on behalf of the fanbase.

I tend to concur with a lot of what you write but wholeheartedly disagree with this. This is not about the viability of the Trust, but an initiative to help people less fortunate. Any fundraising activity achieves more with a 'sponsor' and while the Trust may not have broad appeal, it just may draw the odd bit of extra attention.

One could draw a parallel for example with large companies raising millions through corporate sponsorship. To your point (and Knarf, or whatever he's called), perhaps they should cease and rather divert their employees' attention to increasing profits?

I'm quite sure this will not impinge on the Trust's raison d'etre, may draw more attention to a good cause from its supporters - and just might serve to represent the Trust in a different light to non-members (good press), hence potentially benefitting everyone.

(Disclosure - I am not, nor have I ever been a Trust member)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
38852681551_657f974106_z.jpg

Who's going to tell Vospers that they should stick to selling cars?

Well done Vospers.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Knarf Reprah":1c6ey3ng said:
IJN":1c6ey3ng said:
Knarf Reprah":1c6ey3ng said:
IJN I used to be the chair of Devon and Cornwall foodbanks.

Then you should know better than to spout such crap!

There are people out there that need OUR help, good on the AFT I say.

As Bob has said, this thread should NOT be used to beat up the AFT.

I am so sorry not to adopt the party line ........are we no longer allowed to comment if the Mods don't agree with our view?

The foodbanks are a good idea, especially at Xmas but my PERSONAL opinion is that the AFT have more important matters to follow.

Don't be a prat Frank. You are having a conversation with Ian, not the mods, so you have no idea on what each individual mods opinion is.

This is one of the few things the AFT do very well and should be absolutely supported by everyone.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Knarf Reprah":2eou91w9 said:
Sigh my point missed
Sigh all you want but you come across as an incredibly mean spirited person here. Almost every place of work or organisation in the land will take a few days out during the year to do some charitable good, whether it be Children in Need or in this case those much less fortunate at a time of year when most of us are in our centrally heated homes with family and friends eating and drinking with barely a care in the world. Sometimes perhaps try looking at the bigger picture. Big sigh.

Aug 5, 2005
Knarf Reprah":3syw21ep said:
Sigh my point missed

Sigh?

You accuse an organisation trying to raise money for charity of being on an ego trip and all you can do is sigh?

Come on then. What point did we miss by you telling the world that people are on an ego trip for raising money?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Frank when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging, your normally acerbic wit has turned to churlishness on this occasion.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
jimsing":1g2rulrl said:
IJN":1g2rulrl said:
Hang on chaps, nothing wrong with helping others less fortunate.

The AFT should be congratulated for this initiative. It maybe not Argyle related but does it have to be?

I have no objection to what they are doing, but should they be doing it under the "Argyle Fans Trust" banner?

If all the collections went to Argyle fans I would have no problem.

The Argyle Fans Trust need to get back to basics and yes, of course, it has to be Argyle related, they are using the name, arent they?!!!

So are you saying that when the Argyle team do their Christmas visit to Derriford Hospital under the 'PAFC' banner they should only give presents to kids who support Argyle ? or have I been whooshed ? because I can't believe this post.

N

NorfolkGreen

Knarf Reprah":2uxlcy1e said:
IJN":2uxlcy1e said:
Knarf Reprah":2uxlcy1e said:

I am so sorry not to adopt the party line ........are we no longer allowed to comment if the Mods don't agree with our view?

The foodbanks are a good idea, especially at Xmas but my PERSONAL opinion is that the AFT have more important matters to follow.

More important than helping to feed families during the winter months and during the season of goodwill, when we should all spare a thought for those less fortunate than us? Who really cares what organisations are involved so long as they are helping?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Knarf Reprah":32bch9df said:
IJN":32bch9df said:
Knarf Reprah":32bch9df said:

What a heartless thing to say. There are children who would otherwise go hungry this Christmas, parents spending every last penny they have and still barely getting by and you think there are more important matters than this lifeline?

The AFT's main role is to voice the opinions of Argyle fans; Argyle are a relatively stable football club so I can't see what is so incredibly urgent that the AFT can't focus their efforts on those in need for a couple of weeks, especially at this time of year.

Well done to the AFT and all involved!