The disgraceful state of the ground | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The disgraceful state of the ground

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
From memory I believe that the current location of the bricks was only a temporary rather than a permanent resting place and that once the new grandstand was built they were to be relocated into part of the new wall.Maybe one day.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would have thought so Jerry.

The people that run our club should be trusted to do just that. If we the fans are 'on it' I would imagine the hierarchy of the club are also 'on it'. The fact that we put a different priority on certain elements is quite understandable but then again we don't have the full picture do we?

The bricks are important to a lot of us, and I know that importance is known to the senior guys that I trust at PAFC.

The fact that money is tight, and we are on a promotion push should tell its own story. I think we should be very satisfied with what is happening at PAFC right now.

As I said above, and I'll say it again, Bristol Rovers have a big budget for their push apparently, and yet they have tent like canopies and plastic portaloos sort of highlights the juggling act that teams like ours (we are very similar clubs in many ways) have to do each season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Bermudian Green":1dww35qe said:
IJN":1dww35qe said:
Good news from original bad intention I'd say.

The power and good of Pasoti I'd say. :thumbs:

Can't argue with that!

That still leaves the bigger stuff though. Is the day-to-day maintenance of the stadium being attended to? The structure, the roof, the M&E system?

According to the notes from the AFT following a meeting with Martyn Starnes £250,000 was spent on maintenance during the close season last year with £150,000 spent on the structure of the grandstand.....

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=90291

Importantly, we were able to ascertain that, while there is no maintenance programme as such, a quarter of a million pounds has been spent over the close season on essential work. £100,000 has been spent on plumbing, gas, electricity, seats, drainage, redecoration and updating the laundry, while an additional £150,000 has been spent on the structure of the grandstand.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
oddball":19sl7ycw said:
From memory I believe that the current location of the bricks was only a temporary rather than a permanent resting place and that once the new grandstand was built they were to be relocated into part of the new wall.Maybe one day.

Al keep up, your letting the gang of " the last of the summer wine " gang down.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
dunlop":1p96zneh said:
oddball":1p96zneh said:

You'll upset Compo if you carry on like that Mike.

Mind you, Alan was very quiet on the way back from Rovers, I think he thought I was going to charge him. :greensmile:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bermudian Green":2ju6sgor said:
Quinny":2ju6sgor said:
bigbury bill":2ju6sgor said:
It's his club why on earth are volunteers doing the stuff that any decent owner should be doing himself
He is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Can we please have a "I am a troll" badge for those posters who obviously are one.

A grand idea.

Ironically though, he (she?) did hit on something about which a lot of fans are concerned about.

Funnily enough, I found something in the basement, so he now has a 'Rank'. That'll have to do.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":1v549mca said:
dunlop":1v549mca said:
oddball":1v549mca said:

You'll upset Compo if you carry on like that Mike.

Mind you, Alan was very quiet on the way back from Rovers, I think he thought I was going to charge him. :greensmile:

:lol:

PL2 3DQ":4kjvyb3h said:
According to the notes from the AFT following a meeting with Martyn Starnes £250,000 was spent on maintenance during the close season last year with £150,000 spent on the structure of the grandstand.....

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=90291

Importantly, we were able to ascertain that, while there is no maintenance programme as such, a quarter of a million pounds has been spent over the close season on essential work. £100,000 has been spent on plumbing, gas, electricity, seats, drainage, redecoration and updating the laundry, while an additional £150,000 has been spent on the structure of the grandstand.

Good work! This to me is a little concerning "while there is no maintenance programme as such". Why not??? My whole point about preventative maintenance speaks to this. £250,000 spent on maintenance. Was this pure maintenance, or repair work required as a result of no maintenance (other than the upgraded laundry).

Just because I'm in a feisty mood today. Say we spent £50k on preventative maintenance, that would have saved us £200k on "emergency" maintenance. That's £200k worth of decent footballer right there.

Or that may well all be preventative maintenance, in which case I'll shut up. :greensmile:

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
If your removing bricks be bloody careful mine is in privileged position right by club crest and Sam Rendell's.........and i love it
Miles Bidgood
Semper Fidelis

Graham Clark has it spot on. There is absolutely no way the fans should be paying to maintain the bricks.

Some things cannot be done and paid for by volunteers - James Brent is a rich businessman whom we shouldn't be bailing out on this issue. It's a football club not dogs for the blind. We can't keep donating, unless we might as well become a fan run club.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
volunteers don't get paid though do they.mr brents money is like the rest of us.it is "tied up" with bills to be paid,mortgage etc etc.our priority,in my opinion,is to get promoted.i have a brick there myself and consider their upkeep as a minor consideration in comparison to running a very difficult business.maybe,if we get promotion,a local company could sponsor their relocation as part of an advert for their company?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
MannameadGreen":3h14rhjg said:
Graham Clark has it spot on.

Is he, why, because you agree with him?

Many of us want to help the club in anyway we can, even on this thread someone with vast expertise and professional standing has got off his arse and done something to help the club. That's what SOME fans want to do.

Because you, Graham and a few others don't agree with that doesn't make it any more valid than what others think and do.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
IJN":5ve1qwz8 said:
Bermudian Green":5ve1qwz8 said:
Quinny":5ve1qwz8 said:
bigbury bill":5ve1qwz8 said:
It's his club why on earth are volunteers doing the stuff that any decent owner should be doing himself
He is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Can we please have a "I am a troll" badge for those posters who obviously are one.

A grand idea.

Ironically though, he (she?) did hit on something about which a lot of fans are concerned about.

Funnily enough, I found something in the basement, so he now has a 'Rank'. That'll have to do.

Just noticed that :greensmile:

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
MannameadGreen":21lbpuih said:
Graham Clark has it spot on. There is absolutely no way the fans should be paying to maintain the bricks.

Some things cannot be done and paid for by volunteers - James Brent is a rich businessman whom we shouldn't be bailing out on this issue. It's a football club not dogs for the blind. We can't keep donating, unless we might as well become a fan run club.

I disagree with this idea that James Brent is a rich person who should be dipping into his pocket to fund ... whatever ... because the club can't afford to pay for everything the fans expect it to. Clubs being totally reliant in rich benefactors because they can't control their finances is everything which is wrong with modern football, and JB made it clear from the start that he wasn't going to be a piggy bank we can dip into whenever we need cash. His role was to help the club turn around from running at a loss which is what any responsible club should be doing.

So your starter for ten: you're on the board of the club with a fixed budget. Do you dip into the money set aside for players to fund additional repairs to the stadium or do you do what you can with the budget you have?