The Future (Cornish recognition) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Future (Cornish recognition)

Oct 24, 2010
I think given our situation that we should attempt to break the mould and portray ourselves as a regional club. With all due respect to Exeter and Torquay we have no real competition for over a hundred miles and are central to a population of 1.5m with no other club of our stature to support. We should set ourselves to be inclusive of potential fans from Cornwall and all parts of Devon (maybe excluding Exeter).

Apr 30, 2011
I think a nod in the direction of our Cornish fans is totally reasonable and may 'protect' us against a re-emerging Truro FC or Pirates FC in future.

Plymouth and Kernow Football Club?

That's a bit tongue in cheek but it would be fitting to have some recognition. A black and white flag on the kit somewhere? Or half green and white, half black and white showing the union of cross county support for the greens?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bermudian Green":iktan0mq said:
IJN":iktan0mq said:
I've always believed there should be some recognition of that.

Why are they any different to other supporters who don't come from Plymouth?

Simply? The amount of them.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
esmer":3svnz72b said:
I think given our situation that we should attempt to break the mould and portray ourselves as a regional club. With all due respect to Exeter and Torquay we have no real competition for over a hundred miles and are central to a population of 1.5m with no other club of our stature to support. We should set ourselves to be inclusive of potential fans from Cornwall and all parts of Devon (maybe excluding Exeter).
I agree. We're a club in a unique geographical area. We can really exploit the whole region not just the city.

N

newquaygreen

Well we did give you pasty's which you consume in large numbers at matches :whistle:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
This is an English Club for English people! ;)

I really wouldn't mind the Home and Away 'Flag' shirts, in fact I'd love it. The Cornish shirt being an 'away' shirt solves all the Plymouth/Devon bias for me!"! :scarf:

Sep 9, 2008
truro
IJN":hpdpxede said:
The Cornish are an integral part of our football club.

They may have 6 fingers, but they're our supporters.
We've all got two fingers down 'ere and we don't mind sharing them!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Bermudian Green":2kkwz9r2 said:
I think we should take it further and recognise supporters from Tavistock, Bideford, Ivybridge and all those other places that aren't actually part of Plymouth.

What is it with the Cornish need for constant attention? Worse then the bleddy Irish.

And while were at it, can you acknowledge the Somerset fans by having a red griffin on a yellow background splattered around the ground?

Opps, forgot

:)

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
The club is Plymouth Argyle and while the Cornish support is huge and most welcome isn`t it a fact that it is only the absence of league football in Cornwall, that Cornish Football Supporters choose Argyle. I feel sure that if Truro City suddenly appeared in League Two tomorrow, then proud Cornishmen/women would soon change allegiance. While at present Cornwall furnishes Argyle with immense support, equally Argyle furnish Cornwall with a Team to support/watch. Better than the plastic Janner Man U, Liverpool etc. supporters.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
IJN":2kc2bmie said:
The Cornish are an integral part of our football club.

They may have 6 fingers, but they're our supporters.

1 2 3 4 5 Ah ok been here for 30 years but still a true Plymouth born lad !! :scarf:

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
justanotherfan":38xgzihj said:
The club is Plymouth Argyle and while the Cornish support is huge and most welcome isn`t it a fact that it is only the absence of league football in Cornwall, that Cornish Football Supporters choose Argyle. I feel sure that if Truro City suddenly appeared in League Two tomorrow, then proud Cornishmen/women would soon change allegiance. While at present Cornwall furnishes Argyle with immense support, equally Argyle furnish Cornwall with a Team to support/watch. Better than the plastic Janner Man U, Liverpool etc. supporters.
You indirectly make the point of my original post, the point being we dont want to lose the Cornish support, its a valuble asset to the club and with careful manament we can increase that support,there are supporters coaches that leave Cornwall for for lots of other clubs, that really cheeses me off because I think there allegiance should be with with Argyle, we need to think about the next 50/100 years and where we see our club.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Cornish Chris":oyf4cfur said:
I do think we put up with a lot. I leave home at 1130 on a matchday and get home at about 8 for a home game, which is far from unusual for Cornish fans. It's a miracle that the crappy ancient overcrowded trains are still full of Greens with Celtic blood every other Saturday considering what's happened over the last few years.

:nworthy: :nworthy: I'll share the trip up one day mate !