The Herald getting worse! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Herald getting worse!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
tonsk":1z8r5abh said:
Pogleswoody":1z8r5abh said:
Alan Turing":1z8r5abh said:
phil-thefluter24":1z8r5abh said:
Take it proof readers are a thing of the past now? Once again we are brain washed into accepting sloppiness!

Sadly, they met their demise over 20 years ago!

Yes, regretfully proof readers are a thong of the post! :coat:

fyuzvarorqvsmuifvian.jpg

;)
tonsk

:lol: sussed! :lol:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
....maybe the official site should employ some proof readers as well.Peterborough tickets away. Argyle seem to have their dates mixed up.not only the herald getting worse.

Nov 12, 2003
You'd miss the Herald if they weren't there. I cant think of too many other places where journalists are employed full-time to cover Plymouth Argyle. Chris Errington is a good quality sports journalist in my opinion.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
lunarjetman":bw4kp7o8 said:
You'd miss the Herald if they weren't there. I cant think of too many other places where journalists are employed full-time to cover Plymouth Argyle. Chris Errington is a good quality sports journalist in my opinion.

Exactly. In most cases, if they were crack journos they wouldn't be working for a provincial newspaper. The clickbait, idle speculation and "twitter news" is aggravating, yes, but that's 21st century online media for you. A quick search of other local papers' sites will show the same thing happening across the country.

'Erald still has plenty to offer as far as I'm concerned.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
To be fair to them, they must hate the need for continuous click bait as much as we do. It tarnishes their profession, but unfortunately with people not actually buying a paper any more, it is the why they still have a job covering Argyle.

Just as an example, they may interview a player on a Monday and rather than write one article, split that interview in to 2 or 3 different stories over the next couple of days.

The herald makes mistakes, they happen. Really don’t see why it annoys so much? We all make typos, we all use incorrect grammar occasionally, they are after all human.

Frank, they are talking about league one when they mention Blackburn or gillingham, not exactly irrelevant is it!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Leigh Rapson":2iad3rkn said:
The herald makes mistakes, they happen. Really don’t see why it annoys so much? We all make typos, we all use incorrect grammar occasionally, they are after all human.

Frank, they are talking about league one when they mention Blackburn or gillingham, not exactly irrelevant is it!

They are also professional journalists, unlike PASOTI posters.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
justanotherfan":17znkiqh said:
Leigh Rapson":17znkiqh said:

They are also professional journalists, unlike PASOTI posters.

I tend to agree--although I do think Chris Errington is a class act--one of the best local sports reporters around.

Jan 25, 2011
plymouth
from the herald, quote
A driver caught on camera transporting four cars in the back of a tiny van has been reported to Devon and Cornwall Police. ( Should have read cows. )

J

Jimbowen1972

For those of you that didn't know it used to be printed in Plymouth city centre then moved to Derriford. It was owned by Harmsworth quays which was part of the daily mail group. I used to print the paper in the 90's when it was there and it was then what I would call a proper newspaper, full of actual news although quite a lot of ads as well. Also it was written by local journalists who knew the area inside out. Unfortunately now it is printed outside of the area and the content comes from mainly freelance journalists, young ones I would hazard a guess. The paper has moved from the right to the left of politics and the news items have become a constant dig at Janners, what sailors say and who's opened the latest cafe. Talk about bite the hand that feeds you... And to top that they feel the need to constantly talk down argyle and create headlines that don't reflect the story just to get you hooked so you can open a page that bombards you with adds you can't close. The paper for me has died and left in its place a second rate left wing student rag. It's a real shame but that's progress I suppose. Rant over!! :sigh:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
dick.argyle":x832my41 said:
from the herald, quote
A driver caught on camera transporting four cars in the back of a tiny van has been reported to Devon and Cornwall Police. ( Should have read cows. )

Should have read calves!

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
According to the possible line-ups column in today's issue we're playing Carlisle tomorrow. They obviously aren't aware we're in different divisions now. :funny:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Anyone seen the clickbait headline tonight about Earl Jean? Something like "Argyle sign international striker on eve of season". It's just bleddy irritating now Herald, how about doing some journalism that actually merits attention, rather than just trying to deceive people?