The Marvin Morgan witch hunt | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Marvin Morgan witch hunt

Mar 29, 2011
I can't believe it's now fine to laugh at how somebody looks. Banter is a word used all too often these days. I personally love it when a player gives it back. Witty responses are actually what I find most funny. There's giving it back then laughing at someone.

Ian I have fallen out with him often because of what he says to players so I am in no way condoning his actions. Once I've physically paid him to shut up for 90 minutes as he can do my head in a lot of the time. My point is there's having a funny response then there's being personal. If Morgan replied to how crap Pie is at his job then that's like for like. I just can't see how laughing at his image is in any way funny or can be classed as banter. The fact that Morgan had deleted his tweet after this, I think, shows that he too thought the same after thinking about it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My point is, is there a need for either?

There's a few that are doing it on Twitter at every opportunity, but they have the advantage of knowing him but him not them, so I can understand the frustration 100%.

It's not good that a player takes the pee but it's understandable.

There's a few youngsters doing it and it'll end in tears, you can almost feel it.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lee Cox":3qtexd9s said:
Any player that gets fazed by what’s going on social media should not be a footballer because it could affect you in a way that could result in you underperforming, and personally they shouldn’t be on the pitch.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Jasa":1vugqgvo said:
I can't believe it's now fine to laugh at how somebody looks. Banter is a word used all too often these days. I personally love it when a player gives it back. Witty responses are actually what I find most funny. There's giving it back then laughing at someone.

Ian I have fallen out with him often because of what he says to players so I am in no way condoning his actions. Once I've physically paid him to shut up for 90 minutes as he can do my head in a lot of the time. My point is there's having a funny response then there's being personal. If Morgan replied to how crap Pie is at his job then that's like for like. I just can't see how laughing at his image is in any way funny or can be classed as banter. The fact that Morgan had deleted his tweet after this, I think, shows that he too thought the same after thinking about it.

As a person called 'fat boy' and 'Bunter' by my internet stalking freaks, perhaps I should complain? :greensmile:

Joking apart, I like Pie, I think he's unique, but I simply wish he and others would stop this stalking of the man (for that's what it is). I don't rate MM that highly but the thought process of making contact and telling him, is to say the least, a bit strange. If you wouldn't dream of doing it in real life, why do it on the net?

I remember a few years ago Chris Webb showing me some savage stick aimed at Walton, it was something like 'If you come back to Home Park I'll break you're legs' or something very similar, then Chris showed me who it was (an Argyle fan by the way) and I fell about laughing, he couldn't break wind, he was 14/15 years old and was a lovely lad (or so I thought).

I'm not sure certain people who spend time on the net, would be given any sort of shrift in any other age. If some weird bloke came up to another man and said 'You're poo you are' or 'You're fat you are' they'd be planked in a second, job done and no one would know about it, saying that it simply wouldn't happen in real life, would it?

Jul 29, 2010
Hang on, I've just twigged, he was the chump going waaay over the top and completely out of proportion at Pompey wasn't he.

I stand firmly by my earlier comment, if you can't take it, don't give it and BOY was he giving it. Might be good for his health to calm the f**k down too.

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
I am not one to moan at a player or to slag him off! However if you want my opinion (and you may not of course!) I do not think Marvin has the required ability to play at this level. I said the same after I first saw him play. I am sure he is a decent bloke though and I hope he can prove me (and some of the other supporters wrong). I will still clap and cheer him if he is wearing the shirt though and I hope he can find some decent form if he is picked.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Green Rhino":30qt9fer said:
I was at Newport too but don't recall him being spineless there either!

Pete, we improved when we took him off and bought Enoch on, that's how bad he was that night.

:facepalm:

Jun 11, 2012
Cobi, you banged on incessantly whenever given the opportunity about how poor Jamie Reckord was. :banghead:

C

Cobi Budge.

HarlHM":ps24iknp said:
Cobi, you banged on incessantly whenever given the opportunity about how poor Jamie Reckord was. :banghead:

The reason being I thought Reckord was one of the worst players ever to play for us, he was bad, at, well, everything, something I don't feel about Morgan.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":3c66cts2 said:
Hang on, I've just twigged, he was the chump going waaay over the top and completely out of proportion at Pompey wasn't he.

I stand firmly by my earlier comment, if you can't take it, don't give it and BOY was he giving it. Might be good for his health to calm the f**k down too.

Just twigged who it is too. I was stood near him at AFC Wimbledon and I'm surprised he didn't burst a blood vessel. Constant and over the top moaning and near-abuse of the players/manager, which they could absolutely hear because he was in the front row. Needless to say, he fell out with everyone around him.

Also had a quick look at his tw@tter (not a stalker, honest...) and the first pic I saw was one of Conor Hourihane in a Barnsley shirt titled with the most derogatory four letter word.

Marvin Morgan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pie Face

Mar 29, 2011
Cobi Budge.":j3n5thk5 said:
HarlHM":j3n5thk5 said:

The reason being I thought Reckord was one of the worst players ever to play for us, he was bad, at, well, everything, something I don't feel about Morgan.

And this is where you need to respect other peoples opinions. Some people have the same opinion of Morgan so they are as entitled to mention it as you were about Reckord.

Jun 8, 2014
I wouldn't say it's a witch hunt, I just think he's pretty much useless.

We've got plenty of players with more to offer and who can take part in banter that doesn't involve wishing fans dead or insulting people. I saw the thing with Pieface and I don't blame MM in a way. However, it wasn't a one off. Even so, abuse someone and you should almost expect it back. Pieface walked into that one and if you had seen his tweets then you would know it was an incident like that just waiting to happen.

I don't like Marvin Morgan because I think he's a poor footballer. Exactly as you did with Reckord, Cobi.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paven":3vap3frj said:
I don't like Marvin Morgan because I think he's a poor footballer.

Why can't you just think he's a poor footballer?

Have you ever spoken to the guy?