The Marvin Morgan witch hunt | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Marvin Morgan witch hunt

Jun 8, 2014
IJN":3dejbqa8 said:
Paven":3dejbqa8 said:
I don't like Marvin Morgan because I think he's a poor footballer.

Why can't you just think he's a poor footballer?

Have you ever spoken to the guy?

Phrased poorly, my mistake. What I meant was I don't want him playing for us much and I don't like him as a footballer etc, he's a decent bloke to be fair. Just not cut out for this level from what I've seen of him.

Aug 11, 2013
The comment I saw which said be didn't care what fans thought as he got paid the same whether he played good or bad was not one I liked nor one that was llikely to endear himself to hardworking fans scraping 20 odd quid together from a pay packet frozen for the last 10 years to watch him mug them off.

Good players let their ability and goals do the talking ...

C

Cobi Budge.

Jasa":2qgzwtdh said:
Cobi Budge.":2qgzwtdh said:
HarlHM":2qgzwtdh said:
Cobi, you banged on incessantly whenever given the opportunity about how poor Jamie Reckord was. :banghead:

The reason being I thought Reckord was one of the worst players ever to play for us, he was bad, at, well, everything, something I don't feel about Morgan.

And this is where you need to respect other peoples opinions. Some people have the same opinion of Morgan so they are as entitled to mention it as you were about Reckord.

But the key difference is I didn't ever dislike him as a person or throw personal abuse, neither did I cast a judgement before he'd kicked a competitive ball (Morgan never really had a chance last season, silly to judge him on it).

P

pafcstafford

So far from this thread we've learnt a fella called Cobi likes Morgan alot a few others really don't. Morgan reacted to stick given to him, and people seem to find a lad from Dennis the menace acts abit of a twit at times.

Oct 24, 2010
We are a League Two club with a League Two playing budget, Morgan's not a world beater but OK at this level. Also, bear in mind his injury and illness problems last season (he might be a world beater after all)

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
IJN":2auaaw8i said:
Green Rhino":2auaaw8i said:
I was at Newport too but don't recall him being spineless there either!

Pete, we improved when we took him off and bought Enoch on, that's how bad he was that night.

:facepalm:

Ah, fair enough! In the away end you could hardly see our goal leave alone the other end!

On topic, it is so easy behind a keyboard to savage someone, to my shame I've done it myself. Best if we all did try and treat others as if we were face to face.

Jul 29, 2010
esmer":k0dwzl41 said:
We are a League Two club with a League Two playing budget, Morgan's not a world beater but OK at this level. Also, bear in mind his injury and illness problems last season (he might be a world beater after all)

Good point that last bit, trouble is minds so easily closed are not so easily opened again. There'll need to be a lot of humble (ahem) pie eaten if that happened ;-)

G

greenarmyman116

Every season, it seems, 1 player is crucified by the keyboard warriors. Looks like MM drew the short straw this year before a ball is kicked in anger

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
IJN":jk4yrm0q said:
X Isle":jk4yrm0q said:
I quite like players to 'give it back' to fan 'experts'.

If you can't take it, don't give it.

Zactly.
Didn't read beyond ths post.
Zactly correct.
As I preach - I have no control of what comes out of your mouth aimed at me BUT equally you can't control my reaction or how long my retribution will last. I've got a little ''lifetime black book'' with 3 names. Until I'm pushing up the daisy's its game on and guaranteed that one day ... :funny:

As for MM - give him a break FFS and grow up.
I do laugh when the Playstation managers say a player is useless when that player has earnt a healthy living playing football. These playstation managers need to have a break and get the crayons out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
greenarmyman116":15myyenv said:
Every season, it seems, 1 player is crucified by the keyboard warriors. Looks like MM drew the short straw this year before a ball is kicked in anger

Not only them.

You could hear the murmurs at the back of the Grandstand when he touched the ball.

It was like Hourihane #2.

Apr 28, 2013
I think Marvin Morgan really isnt a very good striker and dont have a clue why he gets to start over Smalley or Thomas. I know we havent really seen Smalley but he should at least get a chance to prove himself..

Jan 3, 2013
But you must admit Ian he was pretty poor. Hasn't been the same since the injury last autumn. The ball just doesn't stick when it reaches him. Says a lot that he looked at his best rolling down the left wing. Not a question of picking on him, he was our worst player last night same as vs Tavistock.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not his greatest fan Frank, just don't like the personal disrespect some people show the bloke.

C

Cobi Budge.

Iif Morgan is getting stick for his performance yesterday, then Reid should be getting shedloads?

Neither should be in my opinion, but I think that just shows that if the player is a fans favourite, they avoid criticism, but if you are the fan scapegoat, it doesn't matter what you do. Morgan has had a better pre season than Reid.