The Marvin Morgan witch hunt | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Marvin Morgan witch hunt

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Sam's right, the tweets weren't directly messaged to him. He must have searched his name and sought out what people were saying about him. Stupid move by all accounts. He's got a history of being a mam on twitter don't forget, just ask Aldershot...

Mar 30, 2006
Horsedowns, Cornwall
I think most people are just disappointed.

Disappointed that our "marquee" signing prior to the start of the 2013/14 season hasn't lived up to expectations.
Disappointed that he seems to have lost his way fitness wise - albeit through an unfortunate shoulder injury.
Disappointed that he's managed to get himself embroiled in Twitter "controversy". I mean, who at the age of 31 should be getting involved with a teenager like this anyway? Back. Duck. Water.
Disappointed that he's undoubtedly one of the higher earners at Argyle, yet contributed less than Jake Cole, Rommy Boco, Andres Gurrieri, Durrell Berry, Luke Young, Maxime Blanchard and Neal Trotman all year, yet retains payment for another year whilst the aforementioned are in, or are seeking alternative employment due to a perceived lack of quality/product.

One thing's for certain - Marvin Morgan has declined as a footballer in the last 18 months.

The question is; can he get himself up for the fight and turn it around? I'm not sure at this stage, but I'll support him whilst he wears a Green shirt.

Feb 15, 2005
Storm in a teacup, footballers will always get stick if they are not trying or are woeful. Are they such little lambs that they get affected by a few words FFS let's be honest they get paid well enough. A cross section here like or dislike him, I have yet to see him have a major impact but I hope he does.

G

Greenskin

IJN":3qvuj5sw said:
Sam, I've seem some sh1te in my time, I remember Peter Distin coming off when we were mullered by ECFC. He thought it right to coming off smiling and talking to the opposition, he got an earful I can tell you.

However, popping at the bloke on the internet or booing every time he gets the ball is not the same thing is it?

Let's not do the 'I don't want football sanitised' crap whatever you do, I went to football when you felt privileged to get out without a dart in your head. :greensmile:

Was that the shaven headed Peter Distin who used to be involved in local football? Think he was on the coaching staff at Argyle as well come to think of it,didn't realise he was involved with the first team though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think I may have his name wrong, he was crap for us but later became the Exeter Captain.

Off to check who I meant. :oops: :oops:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Aerok":1n5iaen1 said:
I think most people are just disappointed.

Disappointed that our "marquee" signing prior to the start of the 2013/14 season hasn't lived up to expectations.
Disappointed that he seems to have lost his way fitness wise - albeit through an unfortunate shoulder injury.
Disappointed that he's managed to get himself embroiled in Twitter "controversy". I mean, who at the age of 31 should be getting involved with a teenager like this anyway? Back. Duck. Water.
Disappointed that he's undoubtedly one of the higher earners at Argyle, yet contributed less than Jake Cole, Rommy Boco, Andres Gurrieri, Durrell Berry, Luke Young, Maxime Blanchard and Neal Trotman all year, yet retains payment for another year whilst the aforementioned are in, or are seeking alternative employment due to a perceived lack of quality/product.

One thing's for certain - Marvin Morgan has declined as a footballer in the last 18 months.

The question is; can he get himself up for the fight and turn it around? I'm not sure at this stage, but I'll support him whilst he wears a Green shirt.

Good post, very disappointed to date with Marvin's performances, he came to us with a good reputation and League 1 interest and yet has failed to put in performances anywhere near to the level I'd expect from a player with his reputation coming to our club.

Sunday was a story of two halves for me, the team as a whole sparked into life in the second half but Morgan more so than most seemed to be a completely different player. For the first time he actually looked like a player who was putting something into his game which gave us an extra option going forward. I think it helped that he was pushed out wide as he went from a big man up front to lump the ball towards to an outlet on the wing who ended up making some good runs into the area.

As for the Twitter controversy, both sides are as bad as each other IMO. Pie Face for having a pop in the first place and Marvin for getting involved in petty squabbles on the internet despite supposedly being a professional with a vast amount of experience in the game with previous in this sort of social media silliness.

Feb 21, 2011
Great believer in if you can't take it don't give it. Morgan gets plenty so I have no problem in him giving it back, would be easier to just block them though.

Jul 3, 2006
Connor Clarke":2o1lmqr5 said:
Sam Barker":2o1lmqr5 said:
The biggest thing that winds me up about Marvin Morgan is the fact that his 'ego' appears to totally eclipse his playing ability. I've never met him but on Twitter he comes across arrogant and self-obsessed. Even yesterday before the game he replied to somebody threatening to smash the ball at their head during the match when they made a joke on Twitter, which he wasn't even mentioned in. The same happened with Pie Face, I'm pretty sure he never actually contacted him with the tweet by MM saw it and gave some back. Surely a bit far as it was only a fan airing their opinion without even mentioning him?

He's probably one of our highest earners and not only is it frustrating that he rarely justifies it he goes and Tweets like an idiot too. Giving him a two year contract may turn out to be one of Sheridan's biggest mistakes as MM defiantly looks like he will steal another years wage over the next year before retiring to focus on his business which, although its far from my taste, looks like is doing quite well for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to prove me wrong and have a brilliant season but I can't see it.

As a side note I'm also interested in what role he will play this season, seeing as he started at Truro with the reserves and then against Swansea? :lol:

:iagree:

I have met him, at the PASALB Christmas shindig last year. He arrived reasonably early, sat through a presentation on an Argyle team from the 1950s, took part in a Q&A, and then hung around for quite some time afterwards talking to supporters individually. Must have been there for a good couple of hours, chatting to a bunch of strangers with whom he has very little in common, when he could have been at home with his family a week or so before Christmas. Before leaving, he made a point of going round the room and shaking hands with everybody still present.

I'd suggest that that's probably a better reflection of his character and regard for the fans than anything you might discern from twitter. This thread is depressing, not because of any judgement it casts on Marvin Morgan, but because it shows so many young fans would rather spend their time poring over the utterances of lower league footballers on the internet when they should be out chatting up girls or occupying government buildings or whatever. You're completely wasting your lives.

Dec 3, 2005
Why do we have to have one player singled out - we are supporters - supporters of a TEAM

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I don't like the moaning at fans for voicing their opinions, but the ONE thing I have to admit does grate is the way one player is always singled out for abuse. First noticed it with Steve Adams, then Luke Summerfield got ridiculous stick. I'm not on about the internet trolls; it the abuse from the crowd after a misplaced pass I don't like. Players should not be made afraid to try things.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":11p6cpvs said:
Connor Clarke":11p6cpvs said:
Sam Barker":11p6cpvs said:
The biggest thing that winds me up about Marvin Morgan is the fact that his 'ego' appears to totally eclipse his playing ability. I've never met him but on Twitter he comes across arrogant and self-obsessed. Even yesterday before the game he replied to somebody threatening to smash the ball at their head during the match when they made a joke on Twitter, which he wasn't even mentioned in. The same happened with Pie Face, I'm pretty sure he never actually contacted him with the tweet by MM saw it and gave some back. Surely a bit far as it was only a fan airing their opinion without even mentioning him?

He's probably one of our highest earners and not only is it frustrating that he rarely justifies it he goes and Tweets like an idiot too. Giving him a two year contract may turn out to be one of Sheridan's biggest mistakes as MM defiantly looks like he will steal another years wage over the next year before retiring to focus on his business which, although its far from my taste, looks like is doing quite well for him.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to prove me wrong and have a brilliant season but I can't see it.

As a side note I'm also interested in what role he will play this season, seeing as he started at Truro with the reserves and then against Swansea? :lol:

:iagree:

I have met him, at the PASALB Christmas shindig last year. He arrived reasonably early, sat through a presentation on an Argyle team from the 1950s, took part in a Q&A, and then hung around for quite some time afterwards talking to supporters individually. Must have been there for a good couple of hours, chatting to a bunch of strangers with whom he has very little in common, when he could have been at home with his family a week or so before Christmas. Before leaving, he made a point of going round the room and shaking hands with everybody still present.

I'd suggest that that's probably a better reflection of his character and regard for the fans than anything you might discern from twitter. This thread is depressing, not because of any judgement it casts on Marvin Morgan, but because it shows so many young fans would rather spend their time poring over the utterances of lower league footballers on the internet when they should be out chatting up girls or occupying government buildings or whatever. You're completely wasting your lives.

Why do we have to have one player singled out - we are supporters - supporters of a TEAM

I don't like the moaning at fans for voicing their opinions, but the ONE thing I have to admit does grate is the way one player is always singled out for abuse. First noticed it with Steve Adams, then Luke Summerfield got ridiculous stick. I'm not on about the internet trolls; it the abuse from the crowd after a misplaced pass I don't like. Players should not be made afraid to try things.

Three excellent posts!

Cannot judge a player accurately against a Premier League side! He showed enough in the second half to suggest he could be a decent player for us. Morgan was involved in the game more than Reid.. surprisingly no negative comments towards him! I hope Morgan proves a lot of people wrong this season.