The Marvin Morgan witch hunt | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Marvin Morgan witch hunt

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
:funny: loving the reaction about pie face.
You Fat Ba***** will be one of the chapters in my argyle supporting memoires. all about the different grounds I've had that chanted at me, and the stories behind a few 'comebacks'. Ipswich and Millwall will figure.
now back to the therapy.... :whistle:

Dec 8, 2011
At the end of the day he's a pro footballer? If you we're all experts you'd be a coach Or managers im guessing your not, so by all means have your opinion but keep the abuse to yourselves

LostPilgrim":2wtvsuc2 said:
Cerbera":2wtvsuc2 said:
I find it amusing that MM Googles his own name and blocks anyone from following him on Twitter if they have been less than fawning or complimentary about him.

The arrogance of that alone leads me to dislike him.

If my notifications on twitter were clogged up with lazy teenagers sending uncreative abuse with their limited vocabulary I would block them all.

I am not sure when it became socially acceptable to go out of your way to tell someone "you're sh*te" but it was a sad, sad day for the human race. I can forgive shouting something at a match out of frustration - we've all done that. But going home, firing up the computer, logging in, searching the player's name and then typing "your sh*te"...pathetic.
Tweets with Marvin's twitter handle '@MarvinNMorgan' in it show up in his interactions. But, Marvin goes to the twitter search, types in the words 'Marvin Morgan' and blocks anyone who criticises him, however minor.

If Marvin didn't go out of his way to type his own name into the twitter search bar, he wouldn't see these tweets criticising him.

Jun 8, 2014
The Doctor":xu4w0fq8 said:
How can you possibly know what Marvin Morgan types into the twitter search box? Have you got him under surveillance or something?

To be fair it's pretty obvious, Branston does it too. Goes on and searches his own name, you can tell because people make a comment on his performance only to find that a little while later they've been blocked by him. Seems a bit sad to me.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Let me be clear here. Abusing the player via social media is totally unacceptable. A bit of banter, fine. There is a line though. Similarly, I have been blocked by Morgan. No idea why. Or rather I have an idea, it might be because of some comment made about one of his less than sparkling performances - definitely not abuse. Does it bother me? Not really. I find it amusing that anyone would be that conceited and arrogant when really they are just a L2 footballer with a clothing company that 'is down with the kids' or something. Which is why I have less respect for him.

If he is going to put himself 'out there' then he needs to take it as well as give it. To block anyone who criticises is frankly puerile.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Are we seriously judging people negatively because they dont like being abused on Twitter? What a sad sad state of affairs. Pathetic really :(

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Lee Cox":1lzptisv said:
Any player that gets fazed by what’s going on social media should not be a footballer because it could affect you in a way that could result in you underperforming, and personally they shouldn’t be on the pitch.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Womble":3r4x7qqi said:
Are we seriously judging people negatively because they dont like being abused on twitter? What a sad sad state of affairs. Pathetic really :(

Agree. I'd like to join you on the moral high ground.

Besides, no one knows for sure what Morgan types in his search box.

Jul 24, 2012
PL2 3DQ":pcizvgho said:
Womble":pcizvgho said:
Are we seriously judging people negatively because they dont like being abused on twitter? What a sad sad state of affairs. Pathetic really :(

Asian Hotties and octopusses, oh wait..

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":k4yjfp9j said:
Womble":k4yjfp9j said:

:iagree: with both of those.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
kernow19":2wykb535 said:
PL2 3DQ":2wykb535 said:
Womble":2wykb535 said:

:iagree: with both of those.

If you said these things to his face (you probably wouldn't!) he would have every right to walk away and ignore you (if he wanted to) or he could twaaat you one (nice!)
so 'blocking' is just electronic walking away/ignoring isn't it?
Freedom of Speech needs Freedom to Not Listen in equal measure.

Jun 8, 2014
MannameadGreen":2lunr94u said:
I can make a educated guess that he types his own name in the search bar. I KNOW he goes out of his way to look at criticism that he isn't tagged in. Most of it is criticism rather than abuse.

Exactly. It's not abuse. If you do a review of a game and say he didn my play well you find yourself blocked. Anyone who abuses you should be blocked fair and sauare. The man however can't deal with criticism even aimed not at him. Barely even criticism at times.