The Marvin Morgan witch hunt | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Marvin Morgan witch hunt

Dec 13, 2008
plymouth
We must all be talking about different Marvin Morgans here.
The last time I spoke to him he was quite open, realistic and honest about his recent form. From what I gathered it certainly bothered him, he seemed keen to improve, and most importantly happy to chat to an Argyle fan.

I don't do twitter, if I did, I'd block anyone in a heartbeat who'd bad-mouthed me. Seems a practical solution to me.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pogleswoody":1pvq4pne said:
If you said these things to his face (you probably wouldn't!) he would have every right to walk away and ignore you (if he wanted to) or he could twaaat you one (nice!)
so 'blocking' is just electronic walking away/ignoring isn't it?
Freedom of Speech needs Freedom to Not Listen in equal measure.

:clap: You see, it's that simple.

The day I opened my Twitter account, I had them on me 'Fat Boy' 'Piggy' and 'Napoleon' - you don't need telling whom I'm talking about. Blocked, end of.

Then I opened up my 2nd Twitter account (Plymouth Lover) and back they came in 'You using multis again fat boy' (Hello Gideon :wave: ) again, blocked.

I didn't know until fairly recently that on Facebook is you block people, not only can you not see what they've written, they can't see anything that you have either.

It's the way to go, if you don't want to 'converse' with idiots, then you don't have to, block and walk away.

As Mr Pogle has stated, in REAL life these planks wouldn't do it to your face, but IF they did, you'd walk away at the very least.

Seems sensible to me.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
Paven":2v0af5fz said:
MannameadGreen":2v0af5fz said:
I can make a educated guess that he types his own name in the search bar. I KNOW he goes out of his way to look at criticism that he isn't tagged in. Most of it is criticism rather than abuse.

Exactly. It's not abuse. If you do a review of a game and say he didn my play well you find yourself blocked. Anyone who abuses you should be blocked fair and sauare. The man however can't deal with criticism even aimed not at him. Barely even criticism at times.

I do find it bemusing how Marvin has blocked me considering I've never tweeted him any kind of abuse. The only thing it could possibly be is when I merely pointed out that Haye Road was the only ground I've seen him score at (which is a true fact!), and I didn't mention him in the tweet so he must have searched his name.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":2o7d0ih8 said:
Pogleswoody":2o7d0ih8 said:
If you said these things to his face (you probably wouldn't!) he would have every right to walk away and ignore you (if he wanted to) or he could twaaat you one (nice!)
so 'blocking' is just electronic walking away/ignoring isn't it?
Freedom of Speech needs Freedom to Not Listen in equal measure.

:clap: You see, it's that simple.

The day I opened my Twitter account, I had them on me 'Fat Boy' 'Piggy' and 'Napoleon' - you don't need telling whom I'm talking about. Blocked, end of.

Then I opened up my 2nd Twitter account (Plymouth Lover) and back they came in 'You using multis again fat boy' (Hello Gideon :wave: ) again, blocked.

I didn't know until fairly recently that on Facebook is you block people, not only can you not see what they've written, they can't see anything that you have either.

It's the way to go, if you don't want to 'converse' with idiots, then you don't have to, block and walk away.

As Mr Pogle has stated, in REAL life these planks wouldn't do it to your face, but IF they did, you'd walk away at the very least.

Seems sensible to me.

Wasn't the sponsors lunch two years a case in point? :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:greensmile:

I was truly shocked, I've never been abused by someone who needed a step stool to look me in the eye.

:facepalm:

Nice lads off the net, warriors on it.

Very, very strange phenomenon, it really is.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":2ukoe70w said:
:greensmile:

I was truly shocked, I've never been abused by someone who needed a step stool to look me in the eye.

:facepalm:

Nice lads off the net, warriors on it.

Very, very strange phenomenon, it really is.

Yep, cyber bullies will never win.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Cant be arsed to read the full thread but MM does have the option to come off Twitter if he doesnt like it, I dont say anything to players tbh but merely watch whats going on and I think MM uses Twitter more to sell his clothes brand than anything else so much so that I stopped following him as I got sick of it !!

C

Cobi Budge.

Think it's great seeing Morgan proving a hell of a lot of people wrong, and I've noticed the abuse he get's on Twitter is certainly dying down.

Thought he was excellent when on last night, powerful, forced their keeper in to 2 great saves, decent penalty as well.

C

Cobi Budge.

Yep.

I'll actually give Sheridan credit for once.

Orient made all their subs early, we kept our 3 back, therefore we always had the advantage of being able to bring on fresh legs for extra time.

I actually thought, for an L1 side, Orient tired and cramped quite easily, I was impressed with our fitness levels last night.

All 3 subs did very well.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I will always defend the right of fans to voice their opinion but as for booing a player (it was a minority but that's still disappointing) as they come onto the pitch...how is that possibly going to help anybody? He's never going to be the most popular player in the world but how he can be jeered on before he's kicked a ball is beyond me,

A decent enough performance from him. He's simply not very good at controlling a ball but when he's on form he CAN be an energetic presence who does well enough off the ball to harry defenders into a mistake or two. Improving.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Using him as a substitute striker makes him a much better squad asset in my opinion. The guy doesn't justify a start, he's a ridiculous option for the left wing, but like Sam said he's an energetic presence that in the vital ending stages of the game can get in the face of the opposition and help grind out results. Perhaps on the odd occasion he'll help add to the scoreline, but we can only hope that the starters cause more influence on the scoreline before his introduction as I can't see him being a direct match winner for us very often (if at all), but he could be a valuable player that helps us keep secure the leads we gain - in theory.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Morgan came on at Cambridge for the completely useless Banton. Every touch that Marvin had was better than anything Banton did.