The "new" OS. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The "new" OS.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
Biggs":bzls5n3a said:
Much better.

Font isn't great and the sponsor pics look like they've been cut out with scissors, but that will get sorted I'm sure. Foundations are there :thumbup:

Yeah, the font looks naff to me too.

It does appear like they've plonked a load of web parts on the page - which is fine, but it all seems a little disconnected/basic.

Hopefully they will move forward and iron these styling issues out and add a bit more video content (if possible).

Feb 22, 2008
IJN":2by4uc5q said:
I simply don't bother withit it now. That survey rubbish drives me mad.

It's a shame as I like to see what Chris writes but I'm not prepared to go through that crap every time.

:iagree:

Okay a little off topic as Mr N is referring to The 'Erald website, and could be a separate thread on its own, but I couldn't agree more.

My "viewing" order used to be - Pasoti - The OS - GreensonScreen - Herald - BBC Sport - Rubberanddonkeyweekly....

Now I give the Herald a wide berth, even when there is a link from here - adverts, sodding commentary, and inane surveys no ta very much.

Back on topic - the new OS certainly looks fresher, but no links from Pasoti??

Aug 2, 2011
landons forehead":2qfau596 said:
Looks like it was put together by a child. Dare I say it, my own business website is better, and I designed that myself with no qualifications or much experience in web design. Nor would I call that a thing of beauty!

Without knowing what your website is it is difficult to comment on what you clearly see as a thing of beauty. As previously stated the club has little or no control over websites as they are ownd and driven by the EFL.

However imo the newly released version is a big improvement on the last one. Hopefully the 'erald site will be targetted by a ransome virus and never seen again.

B

btozer

What has happened to the "Wall", or will this be added later?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Fern":1wkoddq1 said:
IJN":1wkoddq1 said:
I simply don't bother withit it now. That survey rubbish drives me mad.

It's a shame as I like to see what Chris writes but I'm not prepared to go through that crap every time.

Okay a little off topic as Mr N is referring to The 'Erald website, and could be a separate thread on its own, but I couldn't agree more.

My "viewing" order used to be - Pasoti - The OS - GreensonScreen - Herald - BBC Sport - Rubberanddonkeyweekly....

Now I give the Herald a wide berth, even when there is a link from here - adverts, sodding commentary, and inane surveys no ta very much.

I still look at the Herald website every day because I like to keep up to date with news and development in Plymouth, and like Ian says, Chris Errington is very good and I happen to rather like the podcast they do.

The major problem is the website itself with full page ads and surveys. On computer it's just about OK, on mobile devices it's effectively unusable.

I have to say, I barely ever use the OS as it rarely has any news I can't see first on Pasoti or the Herald.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Presto":31ujdstm said:
landons forehead":31ujdstm said:
Looks like it was put together by a child. Dare I say it, my own business website is better, and I designed that myself with no qualifications or much experience in web design. Nor would I call that a thing of beauty!

Without knowing what your website is it is difficult to comment on what you clearly see as a thing of beauty. As previously stated the club has little or no control over websites as they are ownd and driven by the EFL.

However imo the newly released version is a big improvement on the last one. Hopefully the 'erald site will be targetted by a ransome virus and never seen again.

I don't think my website is a thing of beauty. That's the point.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
As a expat, i always check the Herald site (after Pasoti) for both the local news and sports,i never get ads popping up because i have ad-blocker on my comp. https://getadblock.com/

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I have to say, I barely ever use the OS as it rarely has any news I can't see first on Pasoti or the Herald.

Exactly most of the news is posted here, so I just use Pasoti now, and if I want to read what Chris Errington has to say I just check his twitter which is much easier, and yes he is a great sport writer.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
What makes me laugh about the OS is that they're always behind the herald when it comes to publishing the same interview with a player. I would've thought, seeing as how it's the club's player that they'd be able to put the interview out before the local paper, not 2 days afterwards!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Liam Vercoe":1bfsyerk said:
What makes me laugh about the OS is that they're always behind the herald when it comes to publishing the same interview with a player. I would've thought, seeing as how it's the club's player that they'd be able to put the interview out before the local paper, not 2 days afterwards!

That annoys me as well, it's the club's news, their property, but the Herald has it published first and the club website loses internet hits because it's old news. I guess it's down to time and resources.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I appreciate the Herald usually has them up on the Thursday, which is media day I believe, but surely the club could say to them that they have to wait until the club have put theirs up?

Jul 7, 2005
Presto":kzr3y912 said:
seems to be a big improvement. Pity that the grandstand plans are not available other than on Facebook - not everyone in the world has a facebook account or wants one. To view on facebook means you have to set up a facebook account.

The 'erald needs to take notice and take steps to improve what is an appalling website.

I haven't got a Facebook account, but by clicking on the links the grandstand plans are there to see, no probs.

Shm

Jan 4, 2017
r4h4al":atlfov17 said:
:sad: :sad: I don't like it, but I'm sure we will get used to it

Glad I am not the only one! Looks a bit amateurish, can only get better!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Shm":1cu6m7d2 said:
r4h4al":1cu6m7d2 said:
:sad: :sad: I don't like it, but I'm sure we will get used to it

Glad I am not the only one! Looks a bit amateurish, can only get better!

Now PASOTI on the other hand I love, I love all the pictures and videos at the top of the page now, and I think it's a great website and easy to navigate, there are adverts but you can barely notice them so why can't the other websites do that?

Mar 30, 2006
SwimWithTheTide":3pepze1q said:
Its definitely an improvement, much cleaner.

One potential issue is that iFollow that has replaced Argyle Player only links videos. How do us subscribers access commentary once the season comes around again?

Click on the Sign in/Register button