The "new" OS. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The "new" OS.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Pilgrim28 I don't understand,
i'm going to wait it out then sign it back up on Argyle instead come October
.You are going to let them take your money and give you nothing in return, they owe you 3 or 4 months of coverage

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Yes I had that too
Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject so that we can track your replies.

But at least we have a file now :whistle: :whistle:

Jul 19, 2014
dellaclearing":2u8r6get said:
PicassoPigeon":2u8r6get said:
Now how many will be using a VPN for the £110 season pass with live games?
I'm hoping this will be possible. I think more details about the iFollow streaming service will be needed before we'll know if it can be done or not from inside the UK.
I just tried, had to reset password to get into iFollow even though I used the correct one from my Player account and was offered to subscribe for £45 a year. I then downloaded a free VPN service, logged in again and this time was offered the season pass for £110 so hopefully this will work.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
This is a rip off for overseas clients, I have now received the following

Previous Player HD accounts created outside the UK and Ireland were not transferred over since the iFollow is the subscription service that would be replacing Player HD for international customers has changed.

You would need to re-subscribe in from your current location for the correct package in your region. EFL fans based outside the UK and Ireland are able to watch their team during the regular EFL season live. You will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering but only for the club.

So what they are saying is even though I paid for a years subscription to AW in January, they cut me off in June and to get what I have already paid for I have to re-register again and pay $190.00 CDN for something I was paying before for approx. $77.00CDN

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ottawa Green":1i9nrmsv said:

Previous Player HD accounts created outside the UK and Ireland were not transferred over since the iFollow is the subscription service that would be replacing Player HD for international customers has changed.

You would need to re-subscribe in from your current location for the correct package in your region. EFL fans based outside the UK and Ireland are able to watch their team during the regular EFL season live. You will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering but only for the club.

So what they are saying is even though I paid for a years subscription to AW in January, they cut me off in June and to get what I have already paid for I have to re-register again and pay $190.00 CDN for something I was paying before for approx. $77.00CDN
Dreadful - another example of the contempt the EFL has for its customer base.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
They must be using some off shore call centre as I just received this.

If you subscribe on an Annual basis:

- There will be no automatic renewal of your annual subscription

- You will have full access to PlayerHD (and iFollow at the point your club site moves to the new platform) until June the 9th 2017.

- We will process a pro-rata refund of any subscription fee you have already paid relating to the period after June the 9th 2017.

- From June 9th 2017 you will have the option of purchasing new iFollow products.

- Your refund will be processed over the next few weeks, and in some cases may have started already.

In both cases, the cost of iFollow will be an increase on PlayerHD, to recognise the enhancements to the product. Most notably, the inclusion of the live match streaming

The terms and conditions for any subscription you purchase to the new iFollow service will be available for you to view on the new website and when you register for iFollow.

You will have full access to PlayerHD (and iFollow at the point your club site moves to the new platform) until June the 9th 2017
Not true as I was cut off a few days ago.

So I will get a refund sometime, but I will not sign up until i do.

Jul 19, 2014
Ottawa Green":2vm86o3i said:

I know this suggestion doesn't help you recover the money you've already paid for Player HD, they'll have to refund you for this, but when I tested the VPN service trying to access the service for overseas subscribers earlier, the same would probably work for you if you used a VPN to make it appear as if your internet connection was in the UK and subscribe to the cheaper service? Just an option.

I know that's not the point, and fans shouldn't have to go around them in this way, especially when they were happy to take your money in the first place! They could easily offer overseas fans 2 membership options, one with the current radio commentary service and another that includes the live video streams too. Maybe they will if enough fans protest?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Della...

I sent a e-mail to Rob McNicholl Argyle's Communications Officer who seem to be avoiding the problem saying it's nothing to do with them.
I referred him to look at the website of my team here in Ottawa the Ottawa Fury and the website for the USL the league they play in http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/ and http://www.uslsoccer.com/ I told him how clean and neat the Fury site was and easy to search compared to Argyle's and it is all up todate not like Argyle's, I told him to look at the USL site and see how that was and so informative for the 30 team league, I also asked him to specifically look at the matchcentre section this is the section for all of the weeks games where it gives a page to eachgame with up to the minute info and also see that there was a link to watch the game live and guess what it is ALL FREE, I also stated that everyone of the Fury's games are live on tv and radio and they are ALL FREE

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Tbf it isn't anything to do with the club, they're signed up to this service the same as the majority of Football League teams and it's a 3rd party who runs and operates it.

May 16, 2016
dellaclearing":ij775oqs said:
Ottawa Green":ij775oqs said:

I know this suggestion doesn't help you recover the money you've already paid for Player HD, they'll have to refund you for this, but when I tested the VPN service trying to access the service for overseas subscribers earlier, the same would probably work for you if you used a VPN to make it appear as if your internet connection was in the UK and subscribe to the cheaper service? Just an option.

I know that's not the point, and fans shouldn't have to go around them in this way, especially when they were happy to take your money in the first place! They could easily offer overseas fans 2 membership options, one with the current radio commentary service and another that includes the live video streams too. Maybe they will if enough fans protest?

Interesting. I register and live in the UK but spend approximately half the Season away. I've never neede a VPN to listen to games, but am now wondering how selective the system will be if it detects my IP address as being outside the UK (as this website does on registering and eg, BBC IPlayer)

Will anyone on holiday, now have trouble accessing commentary, should they be inclined to tune in while away ?

Apr 30, 2017
Keepitgreen":39lfqo9o said:
Pilgrim28":39lfqo9o said:
Ottawa Green":39lfqo9o said:
I e-mailed Argyle and they replied

Hello Michael,

The subscription service is now known as iFollow, and is dealt with centrally by the EFL.

Email them at ifollow@efl.com, and they should be able to assist with your issue.

Regards

Rob McNichol
Communications Officer

Plymouth Argyle Football Club

so I did

Ok. Just a thought, on previous player I used it for both Argyle and Ipswich mainly Argyle but signed it up on Ipswich and by the looks of it IFollow prevents you from using on other teams. My error, i'm going to wait it out then sign it back up on Argyle instead come October.
Just put your theory to the test and tried to access 3 random clubs ifollow/player. Logged on to Millwall's, Wycombe's and Ipswich's with no problem. So it would appear that you can still access all the EFL team's ifollow.

By the looks of it, all those clubs are offering 2/3 videos free viewing while we aren't! I was hoping it would be like it used to be but it isn't and honestly they've ruined the fantastic platform of player! Shame.