The No 9 we need.... (merged) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The No 9 we need.... (merged)

Aug 13, 2011
Perhaps get Easter back. He was scoring for Rovers the season they went up. He was excellent for Argyle.

Mar 14, 2009
PL2 3DQ":26b6rumd said:
Since Adams arrived at Argyle he's signed loan players after the season has started and even signed Garita on deadline day.
He might be waiting for a particular player or two to be allowed to leave from their parent club, probably from the Premier League.

The time to panic is when we haven't signed anyone by 1st September.

The interesting thing is whether we will just go and get one forward and a cm or two forwards. With Ness missing, and no time as to when he might be back l do think another midfielder to give Fox and Sarcevic competition is essential.

Oct 24, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":3r9lt29z said:
Steve Evans":3r9lt29z said:
Cobi Budge":3r9lt29z said:
We need to be signing a different type of striker to Taylor & Blissett, not a hold up back to goal CF, a smart runner with a real eye for goal.

May be in a minority but I'd like Goodwillie back, feel that the football in League 1 would be more suited to him.
i agree.if goodwillie has his problems behind him he will do well in this higher standard.

With playing one up front you need someone who is a team player and links up the play. It's ok calling for a pacy forward but as we seen with Jervis if your not great with your back to goal you will suffer as a team. Mickey Evans proved you don't need to be a goal scorer when playing one up front. Sure they must chip in with a few but the main quality has to be able to keep hold of the ball and cause issues for two centre backs.

Preferably the new forward will have some pace to but l'm afraid the system dedicates that unless they can bring their team mates into play that Argyle will suffer as a attacking team unit even if he has a record of being a reasonable goal scorer.
I agree the central striker in a front three is unlikely to be a heavy scorer, his job is to occupy the central defenders and link up play. As you say a few goals would be useful. I disagree with you about Evans I thought he was far more suited to playing with a partner and wasn't that great on the lone striker role. Top player though.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
gariboldi":2v9t5tux said:
Perhaps get Easter back. He was scoring for Rovers the season they went up. He was excellent for Argyle.

Was he?

Apr 30, 2011
gariboldi":18yllg8c said:

Could this be the resurrection? He only really seemed to appear once a year in Spring time. I'd hate for us to put all our eggs in one basket by signing him though. Sometimes he looked like a rabbit in the headlights when faced with the goal.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Rather have McLean back.

No ta

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Emeraldinho":kfei3w0i said:
Tugboat":kfei3w0i said:
Rather have McLean back.

No ta
GET OUT!!!----------> :lol:

Already left after I re-read my comment :oops:

Apr 6, 2009
Metal_Green_Mickey":bb3lq0il said:
PL2 3DQ":bb3lq0il said:
Since Adams arrived at Argyle he's signed loan players after the season has started and even signed Garita on deadline day.
He might be waiting for a particular player or two to be allowed to leave from their parent club, probably from the Premier League.

The time to panic is when we haven't signed anyone by 1st September.

The interesting thing is whether we will just go and get one forward and a cm or two forwards. With Ness missing, and no time as to when he might be back l do think another midfielder to give Fox and Sarcevic competition is essential.

i spoke to Ness the other day, hes back in training now.
still need at least 2 others i think though