The No 9 we need.... (merged) | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The No 9 we need.... (merged)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We need to be signing a different type of striker to Taylor & Blissett, not a hold up back to goal CF, a smart runner with a real eye for goal.

May be in a minority but I'd like Goodwillie back, feel that the football in League 1 would be more suited to him.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":1mcl8din said:
We need to be signing a different type of striker to Taylor & Blissett, not a hold up back to goal CF, a smart runner with a real eye for goal.

May be in a minority but I'd like Goodwillie back, feel that the football in League 1 would be more suited to him.
i agree.if goodwillie has his problems behind him he will do well in this higher standard.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Blisset?

Was he injured yesterday?

Mar 14, 2009
Steve Evans":1xhqqxgu said:
Cobi Budge":1xhqqxgu said:

i agree.if goodwillie has his problems behind him he will do well in this higher standard.

With playing one up front you need someone who is a team player and links up the play. It's ok calling for a pacy forward but as we seen with Jervis if your not great with your back to goal you will suffer as a team. Mickey Evans proved you don't need to be a goal scorer when playing one up front. Sure they must chip in with a few but the main quality has to be able to keep hold of the ball and cause issues for two centre backs.

Preferably the new forward will have some pace to but l'm afraid the system dedicates that unless they can bring their team mates into play that Argyle will suffer as a attacking team unit even if he has a record of being a reasonable goal scorer.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
GreenArmy1984":2kd3hd44 said:
What price on Reuben Reid Returning To Home Park For a 3rd Spell ?

Number 9 ?

Good shout...with Taylor and possibly Blisset injured just who is going to lead the attack at Bristol City.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oddball":3lc9oy70 said:
GreenArmy1984":3lc9oy70 said:

Number 9 ?

Good shout...with Taylor and possibly Blisset injured just who is going to lead the attack at Bristol City.
:facepalm: how will he leave city for us?the 4th division has become his level oddball!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Steve Evans":7j3fmnfn said:
oddball":7j3fmnfn said:
GreenArmy1984":7j3fmnfn said:

Number 9 ?

:facepalm: how will he leave city for us?the 4th division has become his level oddball!
It always was, he'd always struggled in League One.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Since Adams arrived at Argyle he's signed loan players after the season has started and even signed Garita on deadline day.
He might be waiting for a particular player or two to be allowed to leave from their parent club, probably from the Premier League.

The time to panic is when we haven't signed anyone by 1st September.