The No 9 we need.... (merged) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The No 9 we need.... (merged)

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":beee8z5j said:
Well, that's one way to look at it I suppose.

Don't think it is the majority view.

I cannot agree to his being a criminal. He was found NOT guilty in a court of law.

How about concentrating on his footballing qualities, instead of slating him for your personal views of him.

Depends on your def. of 'criminal'. Was found guilty in a civil court.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Balham_Green":2rlhw0kc said:
jimsing":2rlhw0kc said:
Well, that's one way to look at it I suppose.

Don't think it is the majority view.

I cannot agree to his being a criminal. He was found NOT guilty in a court of law.

How about concentrating on his footballing qualities, instead of slating him for your personal views of him.

Depends on your def. of 'criminal'. Was found guilty in a civil court.

................ which does not result in having a "criminal" record I believe.

Aug 2, 2011
samjones":1h3s6xb7 said:
FFS can't believe anyone would even entertain the idea of bad Willy returning.
He was a complete waste of space and we are well rid of him.

Whichever way you look at it he is a criminal and stole a living off us.
Good riddance

What a stupid immature comment. He does not have a criminal record - there was a civil case not a criminal prosecution. On your small brain approach to life Luke would not be with us.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Presto":135e8ejd said:
samjones":135e8ejd said:

Good riddance

What a stupid immature comment. He does not have a criminal record - there was a civil case not a criminal prosecution. On your small brain approach to life Luke would not be with us.

I was referring to his crime of "impersonating a professional footballer" and stealing a wage from us.

Anyone even considering having him back clearly has a small brain

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
most strikers currently at clubs like Doncaster, Barnet or Forest Green (to quote a couple of examples) would be out of our price range. Similarly any non league strikers would be a huge gamble, and we already have had our fingers burned with Fireman Sam...Loanees would be the way forward for the striking role and I would be more than happy with Calum Dyson.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
samjones":55n8ottv said:
Presto":55n8ottv said:
samjones":55n8ottv said:

Good riddance

I was referring to his crime of "impersonating a professional footballer" and stealing a wage from us.

Saying: 'Whichever way you look at it he is a criminal ... '
you cannot then say: 'I was referring to .. (a very specific aspect of looking at it)'.

Whichever way you look at it he is not a criminal.

I thought he was a good footballer tbh. Ran off the ball very well ... far too well for the team we had at the time tbh.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
samjones":1kn3txik said:
Presto":1kn3txik said:
samjones":1kn3txik said:

Good riddance

The criminal part has already been debunked skilfully above, but on the footballing part.... Goodwillie had already shown his undoubted talent in a difficult period playing out of position earlier in the season, had finally scored coming into a good run of form AND had won us the Newport cup replay that got us the Liverpool games.

Quite the opposite from 'stealing a living', those games repaid his wages many many times over and have given the club much needed additional funds.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
While tonight was encouraging it definitely highlighted the need for a quality CF. Jake is a good footballer but he's without doubt better out wide.

Blissett & Taylor are good squad options but we need someone for them to push and compete with.

Jul 12, 2016
We have been crying out for a decent goal poacher for years yet nothing changes.I appreciate there are a lot of clubs after similar players but whilst DA has had success with other positions he doesn't seem to be able to attract the striker we desperately need.No good creating chances if your forwards are afraid to shoot.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
GreenArmy1984":2m8k9ab7 said:
Could Reuben Reid Return ?
I don't think he's the answer. A fit and firing Ryan Brunt could have been though. I kind of hope Exeter keep helping him back to form and fitness and then we bring him back just before the season starts before they offer him a contract. Don't think it would happen though.

Feb 15, 2005
Yes tonight highlighted our CF shortcomings, let's hope we can get a loanee to fit the bill as it will be very hard and probably above our budget to get a permanent poacher at this stage of the season.