The No 9 we need.... (merged) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The No 9 we need.... (merged)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I would have liked to have seen Alex Battle given a chance in one of the senior games. I seem to recall that he scored a couple in pre-season last year. Just a feeling that he's got that in his game. If he's good enough he's old enough!!

Dec 22, 2015
I don't see why Joe Mason would be out of the question. He is out of favour with Wolves and needs game time and goals. Surely a loan deal for him would be hugely beneficial for both parties.

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Michael Smith - Pompey "boo boy" available as they apparently have a surplus of forwards!! (Not a rumour more of a possibility.)
As for Joe Mason, surely just wishful thinking like Ollie Watkins from up the road,still plenty good enough to be in the Championship.

Jul 28, 2017
I would have taken a punt on former Colchester striker Chris Porter now at Crewe. He has had a good couple of seasons at Colchester United before his move although he is 33. I also rated the guy who played for Leyton Orient last season at Home Park and gave us trouble all evening. Can't remember his name now or if he still plays for them.

Oct 24, 2013
Devon General":7ysvuays said:
I would have taken a punt on former Colchester striker Chris Porter now at Crewe. He has had a good couple of seasons at Colchester United before his move although he is 33. I also rated the guy who played for Leyton Orient last season at Home Park and gave us trouble all evening. Can't remember his name now or if he still plays for them.
Gavin Massey, now at Wigan.

Aug 13, 2011
I think we need to get the likes of Lavery back, then we'd be going places. Really speaking if we have this million still to spend then let's get a decent target man and get the season on course early. The other player I'd think of would be the lad Wheeler from Exeter. Or maybe look at the Championship for a fringe player willing to come here for a year to get first team football... but whatever Adams and Brent do about the striker crisis we need this to happen quickly before games go by and we are struggling in the bottom six. We dont need a start like that.... and if we continue to struggle to score we will...

Feb 8, 2005
gariboldi":1g94n1s8 said:
I think we need to get the likes of Lavery back, then we'd be going places. Really speaking if we have this million still to spend then let's get a decent target man and get the season on course early. The other player I'd think of would be the lad Wheeler from Exeter. Or maybe look at the Championship for a fringe player willing to come here for a year to get first team football... but whatever Adams and Brent do about the striker crisis we need this to happen quickly before games go by and we are struggling in the bottom six. We dont need a start like that.... and if we continue to struggle to score we will...

Calm down dear.

We do NOT have £1m, it has been spent.

We ARE likely to get the number nine shirt filled, but I expect it to be a youngster from a Premiership or Championship side, who will only release nearer the end of the transfer window.

Patience, my dear, patience.

Mar 21, 2008
As disappointed as I am that Adams hasn't bought in the players we've known we've needed for literally weeks I'm trying to be positive. I'd have to say that I think it's better to know that we need a striker and know that Adams is aware of the need (I think we might even need more than one in reality), than be in a position where, for example, we've already signed all of our strikers but they're all crap

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We've got a lovely looking, efficient and effective house. Only thing it's lacking is a kitchen

Jan 27, 2012
It probably comes down to money- and argyle are on a tight budget. I'm sure they will sign someone soon- although Adams only plays with one target-man striker and Taylor has the starting shirt assuming he is fit.

Most Argyle goals come from the players just behind the main target man. Kennedy didn't feature for Cardiff yesterday and we know he can hit the net. I thought he was excellent last year.

Aug 13, 2011
Everyone is banging on about a striker but don't forget Barcelona didn't use strikers at all in their most dominant years going back to the Xavi days, so maybe we don't need strikers. It seems this is Adam's'thoughts on it?? Am I being facetious??