the thomas debate | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

the thomas debate

C

Cobi Budge.

chester":ufip8dan said:
I'd prefer Morgan left out of the team. After watching him last Saturday offer nothing apart from his double act with the Stanley defenders which offered good entertainment.

Marvin is a good player, best deployed on the left and not up top, were you at the Southend and Hartlepool matches?

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I would rather have Thomas on the left than Morgan and maybe Banton too but we all know that he should be played centrally but that's for another thread.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge.":2wdxiw6z said:
chester":2wdxiw6z said:
I'd prefer Morgan left out of the team. After watching him last Saturday offer nothing apart from his double act with the Stanley defenders which offered good entertainment.

Marvin is a good player, best deployed on the left and not up top, were you at the Southend and Hartlepool matches?

Agreed he looks quite dangerous played out wide. Technically I think he's better than I and several others gave him credit for, another case of a manager just assuming a taller forward is going to be better in the air.

I think he'll work well with Reid despite all the problems those two up front had for us at the start of last season, as long as Sheridan doesn't use the two big forwards to lump the ball to as our only way of progressing up the pitch, it simply does not work. Reuben up top, Morgan on the left or the pair of them up front with the ball played along the floor for me.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Morgan's an ok direct forward and a physical presence but you'll always run into problems with him when you actually get him to try and play football. He's a much improved player this season but even still, his lack of technical prowess lets him down.

Would prefer him as sub option rather than a starter- for home games especially.

Thomas had a very good half against Hartlepool and by all accounts was one of our best players at Accrington. And he's better in home matches and he's had a week's rest. I think he's done enough to earn another start.