There's something rotten at Home Park! | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

There's something rotten at Home Park!

Feb 17, 2017
HC Green":zh501mfi said:
Neilz5419":zh501mfi said:
HC Green":zh501mfi said:
Neilz5419":zh501mfi said:
Heard on the grape vine that blissett actually told Adams that’s he didn’t want to play today, can’t say the source obviously but clearly something isn’t right

So Blissett said to Adams 'I'm not playing today and Adams said OK, but I'm putting you in the matchday squad, turn up if you want to!'

Very likely scenario.
Cannot say for certain how the conversation went as I wasn’t there but I’m sure others where, and I’m sure it wouldn’t have been a case of “I’m not playing”.. “ok” from Adams. More a fall out and you won’t be in the starting 11 and if I say come on you come on, hence a start from fletcher and ciftci out wide, not the tactics he wanted to play.

But you said Blissett told Adams he didn't want to play, now you are saying he would have played?

Merely stating what I’ve heard as I wasn’t there I can’t comment on the context of this or what was said, ultimately it would surely be Adams who would decide what happens regardless if someone wants to play or not.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Probably asked Blissett to play RB.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I thought loads of the scouting work went into personalities? Although I suppose that went out the window when we were onto 5th/6th choice targets as we missed out to the superior Fleetwood's and Rochdale's of the league. There's a lot of tosh and gossip on this thread. Seems more worthy of Heat magazine.

Aug 13, 2011
We need a new owner to come in and provide money. That plus Adams has never managed at this level. The SPL is not as good as League, 1. He seems out of his depth and utterly inflexible to the desperate need to alter tactics drastically . but in his defence he hasn't had money. Whatever happened to the Liverpool money?? If someone goes we are still in a mess. It's too late, we needed better, not worse players in the close season. It didn't happen. At the moment we are in freefall. The gates have to fall away badly. Only season ticket holders will bear witness to the demise. I know a couple of them who don't always go, so dissollussioned..

Aug 13, 2011
As for Blisssett? Not a great loss as again I can't see goals in him. Tanner had a good goals per minutes played ratio, he could stick them away!! .but? Always sub, then he didn't bother to try to get him back At the moment this Argyle are one of the poorest Argyle sides I've ever seen. Even Mariner's & Reid's seemed much better than these. They would get shots away.

Dec 2, 2010
gariboldi":2i662jva said:
As for Blisssett? Not a great loss as again I can't see goals in him. Tanner had a good goals per minutes played ratio, he could stick them away!! .but? Always sub, then he didn't bother to try to get him back At the moment this Argyle are one of the poorest Argyle sides I've ever seen. Even Mariner's & Reid's seemed much better than these. They would get shots away.

Never understood why didn't go back for Tanner - would take him over any of the okayers brought in, plus he 'fitted' in.

I was even thinking that many of the players and the fighting spirit we had in the L2 relegation battles would see us off the way we're playing currently - Zubar, Walton, Fletcher, Blanchard, Purse, Branson, Chadwick, Gurrieri, MacDonald, Hourihane , Young - would walk into the team on current form.